Photo
- - - - -

[Solved!] zCopy error - Target path Z:\ not found. (Thanks Peter!)

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

zCopy Error - Target Path Z:\ Not Found.

Related to Boot SDI (script), anytime build directory path is changed (folder renamed, run from different drive etc) this error pops-up at the same exact spot during Boot SDI Creating RAMdisk file This situation arises far too often (for me) due to the fact I like to re-use basic builds as my starting point for adding and experimenting with new scripts/tools. As Boot SDI is very important to me (response time in PE way too slow without it), it resides as a basic component in most of my builds. When I add new scripts/tools to a build, I like to rename the folder to reflect those changes but I can't do this because of this annoying zCopy issue. Anyone know of a work around or fix or even what is causing this boorish behavior?

Log from basic, re-run build without path name change
Log from same build, re-run (no changes to build) with renamed path

EDIT: Solved! Thanks to Peter, see bottom post.

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

I think that this issue does not depend on renaming paths.

Have a look at the log:

In the 'bad' run the bootSDI script is suddenly ended after executing 'Calculete':
Processing section: [ImaFile] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script] Processing section: [Calculate] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script] [Success]  Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\calculate.exe] with parameters: ["Ceiling(24*1048576)" "%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\calc.ini" Calc Result]  Script time: 1 minute, 9 seconds and 828 miliseconds  Finished processing script: 13 minutes, 15 seconds and 969 miliseconds
While in the 'good' run it continues:
Processing section: [ImaFile] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script] Processing section: [Calculate] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script] [Success]  Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\calculate.exe] with parameters: ["Ceiling(86*1048576)" "%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\calc.ini" Calc Result] [Success]  IniRead - [%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\calc.ini] Section [Calc] key [Result] to variable: [%ImgSize%] with value [90177536] [Success]  FileDelete - Sucessfully deleted [%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\calc.ini] [Success]  Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [fsutil.exe] with parameters: [file createnew "%BaseDir%\ISO\Ram\i386\BootSDI.img" 90177536] [Success]  Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\vdk\vdk.exe] with parameters: [open * "%BaseDir%\ISO\Ram\i386\bootsdi.img" /rw /p:0 /l:Z:] [Success]  Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [format.com] with parameters: [Z: /FS:NTFS /V:BootSDI /C /X /force] [Success]  Shellexecute: [Open] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\zCopy.exe] with parameters: ["%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP" Z: ] [Success]  Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\vdk\vdk.exe] with parameters: [Close Z:]etc. etc. ...

I have the feeling that NIKZZZZ should have a look into his Calculate.exe

Peter

#3 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

Related to Boot SDI (script), anytime build directory path is changed (folder renamed, run from different drive etc) this error pops-up at the same exact spot during Boot SDI Creating RAMdisk file This situation arises far too often (for me) due to the fact I like to re-use basic builds as my starting point for adding and experimenting with new scripts/tools. As Boot SDI is very important to me (response time in PE way too slow without it), it resides as a basic component in most of my builds. When I add new scripts/tools to a build, I like to rename the folder to reflect those changes but I can't do this because of this annoying zCopy issue. Anyone know of a work around or fix or even what is causing this boorish behavior?

Log from basic, re-run build without path name change
Log from same build, re-run (no changes to build) with renamed path

Hi Peter!

Thank you for looking into it, I just tried sending nikzzzz a PM on this but I don't think it went through (I CC'd you as well) the server problems are becoming intolerable :thumbsup:

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:02 PM

Hi Peter!

Thank you for looking into it, I just tried sending nikzzzz a PM on this but I don't think it went through (I CC'd you as well) the server problems are becoming intolerable :thumbsup:

Hi Peter!

Thank you for looking into it, I just tried sending nikzzzz a PM on this but I don't think it went through (I CC'd you as well) the server problems are becoming intolerable frusty.gif

Whether he got or did not get the msg, I also sent him one which seamt to be sent ok.
I got your CC three times!

BTW: If I write something like

I have the feeling that NIKZZZZ should have a look into his Calculate.exe

you can be sure that I simultaniously send him a message to look here.

Peter

#5 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:27 PM

Whether he got or did not get the msg, I also sent him one which seamt to be sent ok.
I got your CC three times!

BTW: If I write something like

you can be sure that I simultaniously send him a message to look here.

Peter

Thanks Peter, ...Thanks Peter, ...Thanks Peter, :thumbsup:

Seriously, what is going on with the server/forum? I don't know what it's like for others but almost unusable here. :D too bad.

#6 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

Seriously, what is going on with the server/forum? I don't know what it's like for others but almost unusable here. :thumbsup: too bad.

See here.

Peter

#7 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

See here.

Peter

I tried to go to that link and saw...
:thumbsup:

So it's not just me eh? Good to know I'm not suffering alone (misery loves company) :D

#8 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:59 PM

zCopy Error - Target Path Z:\Not Found is a message says that a disk z: simply does not exist or it is not formatted.
In log_noerr.7z disk creation is carried out by the command
file createnew "ºseDir %\ISO\Ram\i386\BootSDI.tmp" 140509184
Is a disk 134 Mb, Calculate.exe has correctly calculated the size.
The reasons on which the disk can be not created:
It is not enough space on a disk
The disk is not mounted
It is desirable to look at occurrence of the given error (not closing the message) whether there is file BootSDI.tmp and whether it is mounted (disk z:). It will allow to localise an error.

#9 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

zCopy Error - Target Path Z:\Not Found is a message says that a disk z: simply does not exist or it is not formatted.
The disk is not mounted
It is desirable to look at occurrence of the given error (not closing the message) whether there is file BootSDI.tmp and whether it is mounted (disk z:). It will allow to localise an error.

The disk is not mounted

Hi nikzzzz,

OK, I can see the language thing might be difficult :thumbsup:

As pointed out by Peter, the problem occurs here in log-zcopyerr:
Processing section _linenums:0'>Processing section: [Calculate] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script]Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\calculate.exe] with parameters: ["Ceiling(24*1048576)" "%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\calc.ini" Calc Result]
where the log ends prematurly and errors out.In log-noerr, the log continues on to a succesful conclusion:
Processing section: [Calculate] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script]Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\calculate.exe] with parameters: ["Ceiling(86*1048576)" "%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\calc.ini" Calc Result]IniRead - [%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\calc.ini] Section [Calc] key [Result] to variable: [%ImgSize%] with value [90177536]FileDelete - Sucessfully deleted [%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\calc.ini]
The only differace between these two lines is this:
Processing section: [Calculate] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\LiveXP\Finish\2 Create Image\BootSDI.script]Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\calculate.exe] with parameters: ["Ceiling([color="#FF0000"]24*1048576)" "%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\calc.ini" Calc Result]Shellexecute: [Hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\calculate.exe] with parameters: ["Ceiling(86*1048576)" "%BaseDir%\Temp\livexp\calc.ini" Calc Result]

Unfortunately, I don't know what this means but it can't have anything to do with a lack of memory. Remember, the only difference between these two is that the %BaseDir% folder is renamed in the one that errors out! I can re-run the same project without error by simply changing the folder name back the original name. In this case from 'min119' (=noerr) to '12208' (=zcopyerr) back to 'min119' (=noerr) again!

Thank you for looking into this nikzzzz, let me know if you need any additional info or more tests on this end. :D Hopefully we can sort out (and squash) this annoying 'bug'.

EDIT:

I re-read this line and will check now if this file exists at time of error, but not sure I will be able to tell if it's 'mounted'; how do you tell if it's mounted? :D (I know this is a really stupid question but... )

#10 nikzzzz

nikzzzz

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hi nikzzzz

Not clearly, zCopy it is carried out two times. The first - test assemblage for definition of the size Ram a disk, the second - creation Ram of a disk. At what stage there is an error?
In log-zcopyerr
IniRead - [%BaseDir%\Workbench\livexp\UserData\ProjectInfo.ini] Section [BootSDI] key [RamSize] to variable: [%IMGSize%] with value []
Value of the size Ram a disk, calculated zCopy, in this case the empty is read. It means, that the first performance zCopy has occurred to an error and the size of a disk is not calculated. From here 24 - result of incorrect arithmetic operations.

#11 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

OK, I must admit this is strange and apparently the problem has little to do with anything I indicated in the last post; so let's just start over...

Three tests, all exactly the same except for the naming of the %BaseDir% folder.

1) %BaseDir% = C:\min119 (original folder name first time BootSDI script was run in this project)
No pop-up error
Normal sized image and ISO that boots normally.

2) %BaseDir% = C:\test
Same source folder 'min119' that I copied in to C: above for the first test, copied again (fresh) into same location but renamed 'test' (no other changes!)

Actually, I realize now, this pops up twice (a few seconds apart). On the first, I checked for BootSDI.tmp and found it...

On the second pop up, it had changed to BootSDI.img but was much smaller than it should have been...

Ends in an unusable image and ISO that won't boot.

3) %BaseDir% = C:\min119
Kept the same folder from the last test #2 above (not fresh), deleted everything but WinBuilder.exe, WinBuilder.ini and Projects folder (untouched) and renamed %BaseDir% back to its original name, 'min119', and ran it again

This is the same contents of the same folder that just error-ed out because it was renamed; now, renamed back, NO ERROR! and the build finishes with a normal sized image and ISO that boots fine (just like in the first run). go figure :thumbsup:

Unless I'm missing something here, the zCopy error/crash must be caused by some part of the script being 'hard coded' in the original run and not taking kindly to the original name of the base directory being changed. I'm going to start searching for this but I'm hoping that someone will know more than I where to look and find this part of the script to make it more flexible.

Update:

New info to really make this even more bizarre; I just got the same zCopy error with an un-renamed 'min119'! Everything same as above except (are you ready), instead of copying directly to C: (from its' backup location on another partition), I copied it to the desktop first. That's it, the only thing required to cause this error is to copy the folder to the desktop first, then copy it to C:. In this case the folder is never renamed from its original, just the relative path to the folder that changes. I've repeated this three times now; copy directly to C: = no error, copy to desktop and then to C: = zCopy error.

On a tangentially related subject, another annoyance in BootSDI is this attempt to contact the 'net each time the script is run...

All attempts at discouraging this behavior have failed, including disabling network support in WinBuilder tools options. It makes no difference to the project if this connection is allowed or denied (I assume it's checking for updates to the Compaq component) but I don't like any application or script attempting an internet connection unless I initiate it. I remember seeing this mentioned awhile back and thought it was resolved, anyone know how to stop this attempt to 'phone home'?

#12 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

Not clearly, zCopy it is carried out two times. The first - test assemblage for definition of the size Ram a disk, the second - creation Ram of a disk. At what stage there is an error?
In log-zcopyerr
IniRead - [%BaseDir%\Workbench\livexp\UserData\ProjectInfo.ini] Section [BootSDI] key [RamSize] to variable: [%IMGSize%] with value []
Value of the size Ram a disk, calculated zCopy, in this case the empty is read. It means, that the first performance zCopy has occurred to an error and the size of a disk is not calculated. From here 24 - result of incorrect arithmetic operations.

Sorry nikzzzz, didn't see this post till after I posted mine...

The errors occur at both stages - please see my last post (2:24PM) and respond to the new info there. Thanks for helping! :thumbsup:

#13 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

@Amalux:
I'm confused now!

It really seems to depend on the folder name, like you assumed in your first post, and not primarily on something in BootSDI!

Please insert
Retrieve,%TargetDir%,Dir,%FolSiz%

Message,%FolSiz%,Information
into [optimize] of BootSDI and do part 1 and part 2 of your previous test.

(Part 1 and part3 logs are identical, besides times)

Peter

#14 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

@Amalux:
I'm confused now!

It really seems to depend on the folder name, like you assumed in your first post, and not primarily on something in BootSDI!

Please insert

into [optimize] of BootSDI and do part 1 and part 2 of your previous test.

(Part 1 and part3 logs are identical, besides times)

Peter

Thanks Peter,

I found [Optimized] in BootSDI script (Version=44, Date=2007-OCT-11) and added your code here:

----------------------CODE------------------------
[Optimized]

Run,%ScriptFile%,Calculate,"Ceiling(DirGetSize('%TargetDir%')*1.5/1048576)"
Run,%ScriptFile%,ImaFileTest
Run,%ScriptFile%,Calculate,"Ceiling(%IMGSize%+%pNumberBox3%)"
Run,%ScriptFile%,ImaFile

Same end result with additional pop-up

then, same two as before

This time an error showed up in the log

I realize this is a different build than previous tests but, believe me, same on any build that includes BootSDI.

That is the reason for focus on BootSDI, this error goes away if BootSDI is not included in the build and returns in any build that BootSDI is added to. Also, the error always occurs during BootSDI script run, creating RAMdisk file.

#15 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

EDITed! See below

Thanks Peter,

I found [Optimized] in BootSDI script (Version=44, Date=2007-OCT-11) and added your code here:

[Optimized]

Run,%ScriptFile%,Calculate,"Ceiling(DirGetSize('%TargetDir%')*1.5/1048576)"
Run,%ScriptFile%,ImaFileTest
Run,%ScriptFile%,Calculate,"Ceiling(%IMGSize%+%pNumberBox3%)"
Run,%ScriptFile%,ImaFile

I realize this is a different build than previous tests but, believe me, same on any build that includes BootSDI.

That is the reason for focus on BootSDI, this error goes away if BootSDI is not included in the build and returns in any build that BootSDI is added to. Also, the error always occurs during BootSDI script run, creating RAMdisk file.

Sory Amalux, I assumed that you would 'automatically' add %FolSiz% to the [Variables] section.

Next time I'm going to gie an 100% instruction.

Please, be patient and try again.

Peter

EDIT:
Please forget the above!
There seems to be an issue of WinBuilder with retreiving folder size:
In CodeBox
[variables]

%FolSiz%=xx

[process]

brings

[process]
Posted Image File [ºseDir%\Projects\nativeEx_barebone\CodeBox.txt] Version [1]
Posted Image Retrieve - Failed to retrieve informations of [ºseDir%\target\nativeex] line [Dir] to variable: [xx]
Posted Image Message: xx
Posted Image Script time: 2 seconds and 703 miliseconds

I'm trying to create a new 'working' test function.

Your working on BootSDI is correct, but in my opinion you are trying to kill the messanger of the bad message, rather than to attack the causer.
Peter

#16 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

What happens if you use CreateISO?
I know that it creates ISOs which you do not need.
But what is the behaviour with the different folders?

Peter

#17 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

Can you zip the complete
  • Runs
  • Does not run
folders and PM me?

Please delete target dir, ISO dir etc. before. I only need the project folder, but in the tree starting with %BaseDir%

Peter

#18 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:04 PM

What happens if you use CreateISO?
I know that it creates ISOs which you do not need.
But what is the behaviour with the different folders?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm still processing your earlier post (will get back to you asap) but at least let me answer this one.

I use CreateISO or BootSDI, never both.

I have used CreateISO many times (mostly w/out fbwf) and never had this problem.

When using BootSDI, I do have the ISO option checked as this creates an ISO which I can quickly boot using (accelerated) qemu manager. This allows me to very quickly check the results of the build before further testing.

#19 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

Can you zip the complete

• Runs
  • Does not run
folders and PM me?

Please delete target dir, ISO dir etc. before. I only need the project folder, but in the tree starting with %BaseDir%

Peter

Peter,

Tried to create new 'minimum' test build (wb072a) - this is a fresh, minimum download from livexp server only; all default settings and scripts left intact except:
-Set source path to XP SP2.
-Disable 'net support in WB.
-Basic - Uncheck 'Use DLL init... ' (IE corruption issue)
-Uncheck all App's (Find on click and ServicesPE)
-Drivers - Add USBSupport(029) script (mouse and keyboard)
-Finish - Add BootSDI(42) script (uncheck CreateISO, Emulation and Burn Image)
-Set directory to PE Files required by BootSDI.

Ran first time with no name change and...

Here's the BootSDI setup

Even ultra 7z solid, the Projects folder alone is almost 8MB. (if really important, I'll have to upload to another server first)

Here's the log:

#20 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:27 PM

Even ultra 7z solid, the Projects folder alone is almost 8MB. (if really important, I'll have to upload to another server first)

Please try to find a way to pass me your project. (I think, only the errorneous one)

I currently do not see a possibility to solve the issue just by logs and screen shoots.

I have to try to reproduce the issue.

Peter

#21 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

Please try to find a way to pass me your project. (I think, only the errorneous one)

I currently do not see a possibility to solve the issue just by logs and screen shoots.

I have to try to reproduce the issue.

Peter

OK Peter, will try that but first...

I don't know how but an older version of BootSDI got in that last test (v42). Now running same again with v44, see if that gets me back on track. Sorry, I really try to keep this stuff strait but...

#22 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

OK Peter, will try that but first...

I don't know how but an older version of BootSDI got in that last test (v42). Now running same again with v44, see if that gets me back on track. Sorry, I really try to keep this stuff strait but...

(same w44)

Here you go
Attached File  wb072a__notools_.7z   4.68MB   302 downloads

You'll have to replace the Tools folder that downloads with WB and supply the files for BootSDI (if you need those let me know. Otherwise complete and setup for zCopy error test.

Thanks Peter.

#23 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

Good news!

I got your issue :thumbsup:

Not so good news:
I got it without copying to desktop first. :D

Let me see ...

Peter

#24 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

Finally:

What happens:
  • Install BaseDir_1
  • Run the project with BootSDI
    • BootSDI installs the vdk driver
    • Anywhere in the registry there is an entry that vdk.sys is in BaseDir_1
  • Delete BaseDir_1
  • Install BaseDir_2
    • From Registry (cmd 'vdk driver') BootSDI sees that the driver is installed
    • BootSDI does not install the vdk driver
    • BootSDI by vdk generates drive Z: (what fails, of course)
To avoid this error, in BootSDI.Script, as last statement in [process] add:
ShellExecute,Hide,"%VdkExe%","remove"

BTW: There is a logic inside the BootSDI script which should remove the driver if it was not installed when BootSDI is entered.

But this logic seems to fail somewhen.

@Galapo: Can you have a look at that?
I think that you caused the implementation of this logic, because you have vdk running regularly.

Peter

#25 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

Finally:

What happens:

• Install BaseDir_1
    • BootSDI installs the vdk driver
    • Anywhere in the registry there is an entry that vdk.sys is in BaseDir_1
  • Delete BaseDir_1
  • Install BaseDir_2
    • From Registry (cmd 'vdk driver') BootSDI sees that the driver is installed
    • BootSDI does not install the vdk driver
    • BootSDI by vdk generates drive Z: (what fails, of course)
To avoid this error, in BootSDI.Script, as last statement in [process] add:
ShellExecute,Hide,"%VdkExe%","remove"
---

Peter

Wow, you found it! :D

I'm still trying to figure out why vdk.exe needs to be called in this script if using no emulation :thumbsup: Is it using a virtual drive to create the RAMdisk file?

I knew if anyone could track down this bugger and squash him, it would be you. Thanks for coming to the rescue once again Peter. :D

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users