17 replies to this topic

#1 jeffoz1

jeffoz1
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

I'm running XP SP2 and have WAIK installed. Without loading any additional scripts for VistaPE project I get errors in the final processing stage of WB and no ISO is created. I'm a newbie and followed the guide. Hope someone can help. The relevant part of script is below. How could syntax errors be fixed by the user? There are no files in the ...\system 32 folder referred to (should there be?)

Processing section: [ExtractSystem32] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\Standard-3-Config.script]

DirMake - Directory already exists, ignoring: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32]

Syntax Error - [ExtractAllFiles %BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\Standard-3-Config.script system32 %BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32 ]
Shellexecute: [Hide] using: ["%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools\7z.exe"] with parameters: [x -y "%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32\system32.7z" -o"%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32"]
FileDelete - Failed to delete [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32\system32.7z]
IF - File does not exist: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32\peshell.exe] executing command: [Message,Error extracting system files! Please send full log file to vistape@vistape.net]
Message: Error extracting system files! Please send full log file to vistape@vistape.net
IF - File does not exist: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32\peshell.exe] executing command: [Halt,Error extracting system files! Please send full log file to vistape@vistape.net]

Error extracting system files! Please send full log file to vistape@vistape.net

#2 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:11 AM

First thing welcome to the Board, :thumbsup:

Hmmm, maybe the fact that a few times there comes a request to send a FULL log is the thing that prompted you to post just a few snippets of it? :D

Please compress the FULL log file to a .zip or .7z and attach it to your next post, some of the experts on VistaPE may be able, by examining it to find what the problems are.

Please also check that your %basedir% is something like:
C:\wbuilder\test01\
rather than something like:
C:\Documents and settings\Username and surname\All projects\what I am gonna do today\maybe this\or better\I will try this Winbuilder thingy\this is my first test\test01

:D

jaclaz

#3 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

How could syntax errors be fixed by the user?

I'm not sure what is wrong here...
In Winbuilder Script Tree, expand 'VistaPE Multiboot v.11' => 'Build' => '3 - Shell & Config'. Click 'Edit' Icon (above small green arrow) => 'Source' Tab. Part of the relevent Section should read:
[ExtractSystem32]

DirMake,"%ScriptDir%\system32"

ExtractAllFiles,"%ScriptFile%","system32","%ScriptDir%\system32"

There are no files in the ...\system 32 folder referred to (should there be?)

Yes! and no! There should be sixteen files (progs, help files, etc) extracted from the 'system32.7z' which is attached to the Script. The 7z file should be found by looking under the 'Attachments' Tab. Those files are extracted to the 'VistaPE\Build\system32' folder, then copied to the Target. The 'system32.7z' file is deleted.

The created 'VistaPE\Build\system32' folder and contents are deleted if, in the Interface of the Script, the 'Delete Work Folder' checkbox is checked... and if the Script was working properly.

It seems to me that the 7z file itself is not extracting (un-attaching) from the Script.. hence the "Failed to Delete" error. And, therefore, the other files are not extracting (un-7zipping) from the 7z file. Perhaps something is corrupted. Also, a part of the log seems strange... (inadvertantly snipped?)

Syntax Error - [ExtractAllFiles %BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\Standard-3-Config.script] Section [system32] to: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32]

Perhaps go to Winbuilder's 'Download' Tab and select the 'Shell & Config' Script for re-download.

#4 jeffoz1

jeffoz1
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

Attached File  WinBuilder__074____Project_log_dated_from_1_18_2008.zip   64.49KB   265 downloadsThanks guys for responding. Couple of things.

The base directory is C:\WinBuilder

I have tried downloading the 074 Winbuilder.exe couple of times and I have ran the build several times (including the downloads from download tab) and I get same result.

Attached is the log file from one of the runs where I did include an Acronis VistaPE script (note i get the same result if the script is not included).

Hoping that someone will stay with me on this as I really want to get this going. Is there a particularly good tutorial for the latest build?

Really appreciate your help

#5 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:11 PM

Please also check that your %basedir% is something like:
C:\wbuilder\test01\
rather than something like:
C:\Documents and settings\Username and surname\All projects\what I am gonna do today\maybe this\or better\I will try this Winbuilder thingy\this is my first test\test01

:thumbsup: :D

@jeffoz1
If i understand you right you're building from WAIK only, right?
You have to specify the WAIK position 2 times.
Once as Source (Path)
and once in WAIK position.
f you've already done this, try WB072, that's the one i use and i have no troubles.

#6 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

jeffoz1,

Watching the Aussie Open? :thumbsup:

Everything in the build seems OK up to the 'ExtractSystem32' Section of the Standard-3-Config.script (aka '3 - Shell & Config'), whereupon the entire build hits a Halt Command because 'peshell.exe' is not being extracted from the 'system32.7z' file which should be attached to the Script. When you get over this hurdle, there are more scripts that will be processed up to the creation of the ISO.

You may have some security feature preventing the extraction of the file... I don't know. It seems an unusual error in a very fundamental Script in VistaPE. You need to check out that '3 - Shell & Config' Script. Re-download only that Script. I have just tested it, and it seems to work OK.

... or confirm that the MD5 for the Script is 33f0ee5ad123b5918e2de8a1daa798bd, by looking in the 'Details' Tab of the 'Download Center' of the Winbuilder Program.

You can test the problem in Winbuilder by going to the Scripts Tree, click the '3 - Shell & Config' Script, click the 'Edit' Icon, and do the following and save:
#[ExtractSystem32]
[process]
DirMake,"%ScriptDir%\system32"
ExtractAllFiles,"%ScriptFile%","system32","%ScriptDir%\system32"
Exit,"exit"
ShellExecute,Hide,#$q%Tools%\7z.exe#$q,"x -y #$q%ScriptDir%\system32\system32.7z#$q -o#$q%ScriptDir%\system32#$q"
FileDelete,"%ScriptDir%\system32\system32.7z"
... _linenums:0'>#[ExtractSystem32][process]DirMake,"%ScriptDir%\system32"ExtractAllFiles,"%ScriptFile%","system32","%ScriptDir%\system32"Exit,"exit"ShellExecute,Hide,#$q%Tools%\7z.exe#$q,"x -y #$q%ScriptDir%\system32\system32.7z#$q -o#$q%ScriptDir%\system32#$q"FileDelete,"%ScriptDir%\system32\system32.7z"...

Note the '#'. It prevents a line from being processed. Instead, only the offending part of the Section (between '[process]' and 'exit') will be run/processed when you click the little green arrow. (Don't click the big blue arrow. We are trying to trouble-shoot only one Script). The 'system32.7z' should unattach itself from the Script and you should find it in the '...\VistaPE\Build\system32' folder. If it doesn't work, undo the changes to the Script and save.

#7 jeffoz1

jeffoz1
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

Hi Allanf....unfortunately because of more important business (namely getting this to run) I missed this evenings tennis.

The MD5 checked out OK

Tried changing the script but I still get the same error with the ExtractAllFiles. There is no system32 folder in that directory. I still get the same error even if I create one.

Do you have any other suggestions? (I'm off to bed now)
Cheers

#8 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:58 PM

The tennis is still on! Hewitt is playing.

I am out of ideas regarding the Script ... it seems very unusual.

EDIT:

Try extracting the file manually.

In the Scripts Tree, click '3 - Shell & Config', click the 'Edit' Icon, and go to the 'Attachments' Tab. Click 'system32.7z', then 'Extract'. Navigate to the '%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE\Build\system32' folder. BTW, your log showed that this 'system32' folder did exist. Click OK.

In the Edit Pane, go to the 'Source' Tab, and 'rem out', with the '#', the line in the Script as follows:
#ExtractAllFiles,"%ScriptFile%","system32","%ScriptDir%\system32"
... that line of code does the same thing as the manual extraction described above. And, that should be all that is required to make the Script (and the entire build) work. In the next line, 7-zip.exe in the 'Tools' folder extracts the files from 'system32.7z'. Etc, etc...

So, just try to build VistaPE again.

#9 jeffoz1

jeffoz1
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:30 AM

OK we seem to be getting somewhere. I did fresh downloads and when I try to extract System32.7z manually an error comes up:

"The Archive appears to be corrupt"

I was not sure if it was the file or the System32 folder so I tried to extract to a Temp folder and got the same message. How could it be corrupt if I have the same MD5 as you. Have you tried from a fresh download? Can I get hold of the file by other means? Thanks again for staying with me.

P.S. Wish I had stayed up for the Hewitt game. Wish I had seen Federer get a kick in the rear too.

#10 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:57 AM

Have you tried from a fresh download?

Yes. I downloaded the script last night. And discovered that it was actually an update to what I had. New file is dated 15 Jan 08.

Can I get hold of the file by other means?

I don't know why the file is corrupting. Delete it from the '...\VistaPE\Build' folder and try again from Winbuilder's Download Center. (Deletion may not be necessary because I understand that old files are overwritten.)

Or download Nightman's Base Package, which includes everything needed for a basic build, including Winbuilder.exe, Tools and fundamental VistaPE Scripts. I think it has very recently been updated.
http://vistape.net/f...tape11-base.rar

Rename the current 'C:\Winbuilder' to say 'C:\WinbuilderOld'. UnRAR the vistape11-base.rar to 'C:\'. You will need to obtain the additional scripts by using the Download Center or copying them over from the old Winbuilder folder - keeping the exact same folder structure.

Or save this target to the '...VistaPE\Build' folder.
http://vistape.net/p...3-Config.script

Yeah! The tennis was a great roller-coaster ride. ... feel sorry for Baghdatis though.

#11 jeffoz1

jeffoz1
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:01 AM

Thanks for getting me this far. My script file is dated 20 Jan 08 which is today so I don't think the date tells the age of the file. My PC is pretty standard, is a fairly fresh install so it is a mystery why the file is corrupted and I can't get a clean one.

Cheers

#12 jeffoz1

jeffoz1
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

MedEvil...where do I refer to the WAIK twice. I only see a space to enter it once in the source. Also how do I get VistaPE to show as a project in WB072. Sorry I am still a newb.

Thanks

#13 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:26 AM

MedEvil...where do I refer to the WAIK twice. I only see a space to enter it once in the source. Also how do I get VistaPE to show as a project in WB072. Sorry I am still a newb.

Thanks

If you build from 'WAIK only' and only then, you give the location to the installed WAIK once in Paths-Source directory and once in the project itself, in VistaPE\Build\0-Preconfig.

In case you havn't already downloaded it. Will you need to add the VistaPE download server to the list of list of servers in the Downloads tab.
The address is: vistape.net/project

:thumbsup:

#14 jeffoz1

jeffoz1
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:12 AM

Thanks Medevil

WAIK present and accounted for in all directories. Guess I am not destined to get anything out of this build unfortunately.

#15 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:45 PM

Thanks Medevil

WAIK present and accounted for in all directories. Guess I am not destined to get anything out of this build unfortunately.

Unless you have Vista as host OS, you should get with those settings a working VistaPE.
What is your problem?

:thumbsup:

#16 jeffoz1

jeffoz1
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:28 PM

Not sure what you mean. My problem is documented in this post?

#17 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:53 PM

Not sure what you mean. My problem is documented in this post?

So you mean nothing changed?

OK, do the following.
- download and install WAIK
- remember were you installed Waik to
- create a folder (something like C:\VistaPE)
- put WB072 in that folder and start it
- go to the downloads tab
- deselect all preselected projects!!!
- add vistape.net/project to the list of servers
- download VistaPE (Setting: Complete!)
- set paths to WAIK
- tag 'Create ISO'
- do no other changes
- run project

If you still have a problem, really follow the the list! Like redownloading and reinstalling the WAIK. :thumbsup:

If you did follow the list and it's still no use, post the log.

We will get to the bottom of this and if you have to send me your WB folder! :D

#18 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:42 PM

@jeffoz1,

I hope you're still with us. :thumbsup:

... My script file is dated 20 Jan 08 which is today so I don't think the date tells the age of the file.

The date, version, author, etc of the Script are found by clicking the particular Script in Winbuilder's Scripts Tree, then clicking the Edit Icon (little spanner).

My PC is pretty standard, is a fairly fresh install so it is a mystery why the file is corrupted and I can't get a clean one.

I have a hunch that the file is not corrupt; rather, some security feature on your computer is preventing Winbuilder from extracting the file attached to the script. What is your Operating System, and what is your Anti-Virus? Does the AV produce a detailed log file with any clues?

Here is a Test Script.

It has a blank text file attached/encoded. The Script extracts the attachment, pops up a message if it is successfully extracted/unattached, then deletes the unattached file.

Close Winbuilder, then download and save the Test Script to your VistaPE Project folder ('C:\Winbuilder\Projects\VistaPE\..'). Restart Winbuilder, locate and highlight (click) the 'TestAttachments' script in Winbuilder's Scripts Tree, then click the little green arrow to 'play' the individual Script. What happens?

Here is the code of the TestAttachments.script, which you can even copy and paste into notepad to create your own 'TestAttachments.script' file. Edit the pasted text to make sure that all those Letters after '0=eJzjc...' and those 'AAAAAAAAA...'s are in one single line without spaces. i.e. Remove the line-break generated by this WebSite.

[main]

Title=TestAttachments2

[variables]

[process]

If,ExistFile,"%ScriptDir%/Attachment.txt",FileDelete,"%ScriptDir%/Attachment.txt"

ExtractFile,"%ScriptFile%","Folder","Attachment.txt","%ScriptDir%"

If,ExistFile,"%ScriptDir%/Attachment.txt",Message,"Works OK",Information

If,ExistFile,"%ScriptDir%/Attachment.txt",FileDelete,"%ScriptDir%/Attachment.txt"

[EncodedFolders]

Folder

[EncodedFile-Folder-Attachment.txt]

lines=0

0=eJzjcywpSUzOyE3NK9ErqShhGAWjAB0wMgAA+IAFp3Ck5lABAAAAAgAAAB8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAA

[Folder]

Attachment.txt=67bytes,90bytes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users