162 replies to this topic

#26 Myote

Myote

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

It's not only the script MapNetdrive, right click on icon-desktop Computer and Map network drive, do the same, nothing (no popup windows). In VistaPE11-Beta it was good.

PenetCfg works like a charm.

Regards

Resolv, Bypass. It was the new explorer.script which cause pb. I replace with the one that I used before, the last 2aCD explorer script, and all is perfect. My net is plenty fonctionnal, and I can Map Network Drive by the System.

Regards

Posted Image

#27 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:19 PM

Network support is not working in v11 in Virtual PC 2007. I know this happened in an earlier version but I have no idea what you did to fix it.

#28 Myote

Myote

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:49 AM

Network support is not working in v11 in Virtual PC 2007. I know this happened in an earlier version but I have no idea what you did to fix it.

My last build works in real, in VMWare, but no net too in VPC. Some common Network card are not recognize, like Intel Pro/1000 MT.

#29 Arvy

Arvy

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:IT, Outdoors, Horses
  •  
    Canada

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

My last build works in real, in VMWare, but no net too in VPC. Some common Network card are not recognize, like Intel Pro/1000 MT.

As mentioned in my post under the VistaPE Drivers topic, it appears that at least some drivers that are included in the drivers-lan.script package just do not work under Vista. In my own case, the included yk51x86.inf file for Marvell's Yukon Miniport Driver clearly specifies that it's NDIS5.1 for Windows XP and Server 2003 and, therefore, clearly not intended for use under Vista(PE).

Adding my own NDIS6.0 yk60x86.sys driver installation script solved that controller recognition problem. However, like phox and Max_Real Qnx, I cannot seem to get IE7 to work even when I check the Enable Internet Explorer box in the 3-explorerv.script. FireFox and Opera both work fine, but IE7 just sits there displaying a blank page and "connecting..." forever.

P.S.: The IE7 icon does show up on my desktop, but only when I select "Classic" option in the properties popup for the explorer menu taskbar.

#30 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

Today I rebuid and I got a Winfltr.sys error upon booting...but no error on creating the ISO!! Why? Is possible to have an option in the script in order to add license information of software without having to install them on the main system? It's possible o have un updated tweaks Script with the option to select individually such as add arrow key..disable low space waring..add send to...

#31 fuwi

fuwi

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 135 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:02 PM

I have some problems with v11 Final:

I would like to have a other icon for AgentRansack-Search in BS Explorer Startmenu, but i get the default icon of AgentRansack.exe
instead of find.ico (find.ico is in the same folder as AgentRansack.exe). Is this syntax correct for Add_Shortcut?

[variables]

%ProgramTitle%=Search

%ProgramEXE%=AgentRansack.exe

%ProgramFolder%=AgentRansack

[process]

Echo,Processing %ProgramTitle%...

RunFromRam,True

Unpack,Files,AgentRansack.7z

Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,System,%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\%ProgramEXE%,"Search for Files and Folders","","",%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\find.ico

In a script, i have to make an entry in autorun.cfg
i tried it with the AddAutoRun function, but it doesn't work (no line is added to autorun.cfg). Is there an error in my AddAutoRun-syntax?
AddAutoRun,"Install ImDisk Ramdisk","X:\Windows\System32\imdiskrd.exe","%RamDrvSize%",2
with TxtAddLine it works correctly:
TxtAddLine,%AutoRunFile%,"2|s|Install ImDisk Ramdisk|s|X:\Windows\System32|s|imdiskrd.exe|s|%RamDrvSize%","Append"
The Hardware-Detection at startup takes a long time (nearly 2 minutes on a IBM Thinkpad R52). And after HWPnP, the usb mouse does not function any longer
(it works before and during HWPnP). Is there a possibility to prevent vpeldr starting HWPnP.exe?

fuwi

#32 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

ALL

Explorer and IE
If you need IE, try use original scripts from 2aCD, something wrong with my scripts and i not have time for fix it now and i plan remove IE support in VistaPE v.12 - it's too big, slowly and have many problem, Opera/Firefox is more better (Opera will be default browser), BS Explorer will be default shell (BS Explorer 2.0.0.1 version have skins and more, and i add support for QuickLaunch icons for it), explorer may be will be used as file manager... you always can take scripts from 2aCD and use it :cheers:

Network
Network is working :cheers: ... may be problem with some scripts combination, not have ideas right now....

vistapev11_final_network.JPG

booty#1

Afterwards Firefox is registered in the "OpenWith" (but without assigned file extensions) list and can therefore be easily used to open any file within VistaPE. Now we are adding FireFox to the OpenWith list of all .html files:

i mean, that i not have time for all :cheers: ... i try add true "OpenWith" association in next VistaPE, beta will be in 1-2 week :cheers:

MedEvil

BSExplorer shows strangly the opera desktop icon only when litestep is run first as shell?

i not understand :cheers:

WimMaster.script contains hardcoded paths or detects nonsense

now ok? :cheers:

risolutore

last log is 3 errors occured!

may be you can post full log?

Today I rebuid and I got a Winfltr.sys error upon booting...

i upload some updated scripts today, check it....

fuwi
1. Custom icons now disabled in BSExplorer, sorry, as is, wait VistaPE 12
2. your syntax is true, see %targetdir%\vistape.cfg and/or %targetdir%\windows\system32\vistape.cfg files, your setting must present here...send full script to my email, and i try test it...
3. redownload and test new Standard-3-Config.script script, all must work ....

ps i have many work right now and not have many free time for VistaPE, sorry :cheers:

#33 fuwi

fuwi

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 135 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

Thanks NightMan

Script sent! :cheers:

fuwi

#34 rehtorix

rehtorix

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

I have the network problem also, in 11beta it worked fine. I replaced vpeldr.exe with one from the beta and everything works so not a script problem I think...?

Also another problem related to vpeldr.exe concerning USB drives:

USB flash/hard drives don't work in v11, in 11beta they worked but only if I first connect a USB drive when booting to PE, after that everything works fine if I connect/disconnect any drives they are recognized correctly.

I don't know if I loose other functionality because of using the old loader but at least I can use the new scripts as the downloads for beta don't work anymore.. :cheers: Also USB and network support is something I can't live without (I use vistaPE for vista system deployment @work).

Anyway keep up the good work, it's still usable but you have to work your way around the limitations quite a bit :cheers:

#35 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

@ nightman No don't leave you support away from IE7 integration and Network managemement, maybe it's more flexible to check dependencies and make a modular structure, in order to debug problems, that sometimes, occurs, for example I ewould like to be able to access novell Share with Novell client.., But I am testing some other portion of this grat project..
I will wait your new ver. best regards

#36 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:17 AM

@Nightman
VistaPE works now like charm! :cheers: :cheers:

For builds from WAIK only, we will need a replacement for A43. All icons are missing. (It's not a problem with A43.script)
Will post back if i find something suitable.

:cheers:

#37 DigeratiPrime

DigeratiPrime

• Advanced user
  • 15 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:11 AM

I think the vistape11-base.rar contains outdated and buggy scripts.
I did a fresh download of scripts from "vistape.net/project" and overall things are working better.
One problem I had was the default Main Configuration>Build Model was set to "RAM" this caused tons of ignore errors and would fail to boot.
XnView complained about avifil32.dll and would not open.
HDTune and Foxit Reader complained about oledlg.dll

Question: Is there a way to restore a default configuration for a script or all the scripts without having to make a backup of them or redownload them?

#38 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4171 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:39 AM

Question: Is there a way to restore a default configuration for a script or all the scripts without having to make a backup of them or redownload them?

Not at the moment. Except by the method you mentioned.

#39 phox

phox

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 764 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:37 AM

ALL

Explorer and IE
If you need IE, try use original scripts from 2aCD, something wrong with my scripts and i not have time for fix it now and i plan remove IE support in VistaPE v.12 - it's too big, slowly and have many problem, Opera/Firefox is more better (Opera will be default browser), BS Explorer will be default shell (BS Explorer 2.0.0.1 version have skins and more, and i add support for QuickLaunch icons for it), explorer may be will be used as file manager... you always can take scripts from 2aCD and use it :cheers:

Problem is not in your ExplorerV.script v11.
It works fine with VistaPE 10!

Original 2aCD explorer (IE) scripts are not working with VistaPE 11 either?!

#40 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:15 AM

Try myOptions.Script (one configuration) or !WBManager.Script (multiple configurations) of nativeEx.

Peter

#41 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:35 AM

Also another problem related to vpeldr.exe concerning USB drives:

is it work if you skip hardware detection? ...

No don't leave you support away from IE7 integration and Network managemement

"Network managemement" it's other problem and it's need additional work and tests, but it's not really depended from IE... make VistaPE with and without IE and compare size, maybe it's acceptable for you, but not for me :cheers:

we will need a replacement for A43.

YES! and i think "explorer.exe" is best for it :cheers:

I think the vistape11-base.rar contains outdated and buggy scripts.

yes, i not update it yet... only when all will be work :cheers:

XnView complained about avifil32.dll and would not open.
HDTune and Foxit Reader complained about oledlg.dll

use "Common DLL" script :cheers:

Original 2aCD explorer (IE) scripts are not working with VistaPE 11 either?!

you are really think that >200Mb for IE it's good idea?

ALL
Test it before i upload it :cheers: (i can not test on real computer right now)
Attached File  Standard_3_Config.script   1.93MB   1464 downloads

#42 phox

phox

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 764 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:18 AM

you are really think that >200Mb for IE it's good idea?

It is not question of size, but that neither IE version is working with VistaPE!

#43 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

phox did you run a compare between vistaPE11 beta and VistaPE11 final?

#44 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:20 PM

YES! and i think "explorer.exe" is best for it :cheers:

Very забавный! :cheers:

#45 phox

phox

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 764 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

phox did you run a compare between vistaPE11 beta and VistaPE11 final?

Yes: everything worked!

#46 fuwi

fuwi

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 135 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:10 PM

NightMan thanks for the new Standard-3-Config.script

it has solved my problem in my post #31 above (startup takes now less then 1 second and the USB-Mouse works after HWPnP) :cheers:

The Hardware-Detection at startup takes a long time (nearly 2 minutes on a IBM Thinkpad R52). And after HWPnP, the usb mouse does not function any longer
(it works before and during HWPnP). Is there a possibility to prevent vpeldr starting HWPnP.exe?

fuwi

#47 fuwi

fuwi

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 135 posts
  •  
    Switzerland

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:36 PM

(startup takes now less then 1 second

sorry... less then 1 minute, not second (boot from usb-stick)

fuwi

#48 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

Yes: everything worked!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Didn't you say, that IE does not work in VistaPe11 Final, but only in VPE11 beta?

#49 phox

phox

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 764 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:10 PM

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Didn't you say, that IE does not work in VistaPe11 Final, but only in VPE11 beta?

Sorry MedEvil!

In VistaPE 10 and 11 beta, all versions of Explorer (IE) work,
but neither of them work on VistaPE11!?!

This is result of testing under VirtualBox and VirtualPC.

#50 2aCD

2aCD

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 345 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

Hi VistaPE-Friends,

I have found many errors in VistaPE-Final Explorer-script.
Many Language-MUI-Files are not copyed. I have already informed NightMan about this errors.

I have corrected the explorer-script.
Here can you download it:

[this download I removed (see later in this tread)]

I hope the Explorer work now again as in the beta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users