Selected "Windows PE from Ramdisk" - after Loading Ramdisk image
"INF File txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 2"

Selected "Windows PE from CD":
"The file usbstor.sys could not be found"

??

Maybe somebody can help me ?
Thanks

---
ah, and is there a way to save / reset my current project options?

#2 cybergenesis

cybergenesis
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

"INF File txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 2"- i'm having the same problem, though I am using WinBuilder v0.74, the link for 0.72a (suggested on the website) does not work, it redirects to some strange chat :thumbsup:

I am also considering download that Windows 2003 Demo install from Microsoft (but I only have 512kbps internet).

Actually it was my second attempt that got the above error, my first attempt which had most options enabled, it got some missing explore.exe dll error.

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

Hi adnoh

(Bist Du Honda - Fan?)

First welcome in our forum.

We have the situation that two newbies have similar issues. Maybe that there is something wrong with
  • the content of the start package
  • the documentation
I don't know what is going on in your particular case. but we can query it.

First I want to try giving you a 'success feeling'

There is a project 'nativeEx_barebone' which is rather small, contains only a minimum of apps.
On the other hand, this project is known as 'usually running from download'

Try that first.

If you have success and got some experience with the project, you may switch to more sophisticated projects like 'LiveXP'

If you do not have success, it is much more easier for me to find the issue's root in a small project than in a big one.
In this case, please post a log with a GOOD issue description here. (see the forum's rules for some hints, especially starting with a++)

How to start with nativeEx_barebone: See here
BTW: I'm sorry, the development is running so fast that I do not feel able to hold everything up to date. You can use WB 074, too!

Good luck!

Peter

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:52 PM

ah, and is there a way to save / reset my current project options?

After your starting issues are solved:
In nativeEx based projects there are some ways depending on what you want to do
  • MyOptions.Script
  • !WBManager.Script
  • SaveBase.Script / RestoreBase.Script
I suggest that you wait until you are rather familar with the usual procedures.

Peter

#5 cybergenesis

cybergenesis
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:01 PM

Ahh thats better. I tried the nativeEx_barebone project and it worked fully! (yay)

I assume its not really capable of running any win32 apps? I mean if I simply stuff the Windows calculator or something in the ISO and go to its path and type "calc.exe" (or whatever), it wouldn't work would it? Sure I could try it, I may do that later :thumbsup:

I don't have enough information to form a sufficient model in my mind about how Windows XP works in this situation. If you have any links to any information that might be useful in educating me, then please let me know. I don't have programming experience, well I used to program in basic (hehe) and did some 8 bit assembly in the days of the almight c64 :D In recent years I learnt PHP do a degree, though I am not in practice, but what I am trying to say is I don't know Windows XP from a programmers perspective. Is that a critical disadvantage to using Winbuild?

Anyway I should be in bed but this has motivated me- I shall have another go with LiveXP :D

Edit: Just quickly even knows it worked, i just noticed that I missed one error:

RegWrite - Failed to write REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [%regtyp%] Section [WB-Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList] key [ProfilesDirectory=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings..]

Don't know if that means much by itself :D

#6 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

I assume its not really capable of running any win32 apps? I mean if I simply stuff the Windows calculator or something in the ISO and go to its path and type "calc.exe" (or whatever), it wouldn't work would it? Sure I could try it, I may do that later :thumbsup:

Theoretically you should be able to copy any script from a different nativeEx based project into nativeEx_barebone and it should work
  • from LiveXP really 'copy and run'
  • from NativePE maybe some adjustements are necessary @Thunn, can you answer this open question?
  • from naughtyPE maybe some adjustements are necessary @MedEvil, can you answer this open question?
If a script for your 'win32 app' does not exist, you have to write the script by yourself. But it's solvable!
Peter

#7 cybergenesis

cybergenesis
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users