darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:41 PM

I am trying to build a livexp cd with the offlinesysprep script

The build works okay without this script, but if I enable this script I get following error during build

"ExtractAllFiles,%ScriptFile%,#1,#4#5"

If I then okay the error, the build completes but with 100's of errors.

Please can someone assist me?

Thanks

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10560 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:11 PM

Please post your log.html file to know more details about your project.

:cheers:

#3 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

Please post your log.html file to know more details about your project.

Hi Nuno

couldn't find log file from last attempt so just tried it again,

log file attached showing 45 errors

screenshot of error during build attached too

#4 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10560 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:19 PM

Galapo and Peter are the experts on debugging the reasons that make this script fail to work properly but there are a few more things you can try in the meanwhile.

Look for antivirus - sometimes they can intercept read/write file operations and mess the build process

Look for locked files - if a folder is left as locked it might also interfer with the building process - you can bypass this interference copying the contents of the winbuilder folder to somewhere else and repeating the same build.

Just ideas - hopefully the author will be happy to help but don't expect it soon - he has just became a father (for the second time) very recently and time should be quite short for the next weeks.

#5 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

Galapo and Peter are the experts on debugging the reasons that make this script fail to work properly but there are a few more things you can try in the meanwhile.

Look for antivirus - sometimes they can intercept read/write file operations and mess the build process

Look for locked files - if a folder is left as locked it might also interfer with the building process - you can bypass this interference copying the contents of the winbuilder folder to somewhere else and repeating the same build.

Just ideas - hopefully the author will be happy to help but don't expect it soon - he has just became a father (for the second time) very recently and time should be quite short for the next weeks.

Thanks Nuno

The machine i use for building has no antivirus etc running so not this

I was originally building it from my desktop and it failed, so I moved it to the root of c: and still failed, so think this probably covers the locked file problem

Will await a reply from Galapo or Peter

Cheers

#6 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:45 PM

The main problem is actually not with the OfflineSysPrep but with the Runscanner one.

Looks like it retains a variable from a previous version of the api and so requires updating.

I'll try to do it for you after breakfast.

Regards,
Galapo.

#7 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:03 PM

Thanks Galapo, I appreciate it, I realise you have more important things to be tending too

#8 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:36 AM

OK, I've uploaded new versions to my website as well as the LiveXP server.

Also, I've tested with a fresh download of LiveXP without the errors, so everything will hopefully be fine now.

If not doing a fresh download if LiveXP, I'd still recommend deleting your script.project file and getting a fresh copy just in case. A few days ago I noticed a few lines required updating to reflect nativeEx.

Regards,
Galapo.

#9 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:09 PM

OK, I've uploaded new versions to my website as well as the LiveXP server.

Also, I've tested with a fresh download of LiveXP without the errors, so everything will hopefully be fine now.

If not doing a fresh download if LiveXP, I'd still recommend deleting your script.project file and getting a fresh copy just in case. A few days ago I noticed a few lines required updating to reflect nativeEx.

Regards,
Galapo.

Just deleted my whole winbuilder directory and now downloading updated scripts etc from livexp server

Will let you know how I get on

Fingers crossed, as it build fine without offlinesysprep selected, so I know everything else must be working okay

Really appreciate the help!

#10 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:18 PM

Just deleted my whole winbuilder directory and now downloading updated scripts etc from livexp server

Will let you know how I get on

Fingers crossed, as it builds fine without offlinesysprep selected, so I know everything else must be working okay

Really appreciate the help!

Well it has just built fine, instead of the 45 errors I had before I now have 0 errors!!!

Thanks Galapo, you are a star, will give it a try now on my base imaged PC and see if I can backup and restore to a different spec PC!!

#11 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:44 PM

Well it has just built fine, instead of the 45 errors I had before I now have 0 errors!!!

Thanks Galapo, you are a star, will give it a try now on my base imaged PC and see if I can backup and restore to a different spec PC!!

Boots into Live XP fine on older PC, but bluescreens on a new Dell (probably something to do with SATA drivers)

When running offlinesysprep on old PC, it runs okay, then says launching sysprep, and I get two errors:-

1) CustomEyes - one or more bitmaps are missing - skin ax##\z##.cey - Error Code = F

I okay this message and then get this error:-

2) setupcl.exe is not present - sysprep cannot run on this system

I have checked and setupcl is present, so not sure why this error.

Will have one more go and then give up I think, as UIU worked without error and allowed me to get images from an old PC onto new desktop and laptop without issue, was hoping to find a free way to do it using your tool but no luck so far

Thanks again for your help

#12 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

Boots into Live XP fine on older PC, but bluescreens on a new Dell (probably something to do with SATA drivers)

When running offlinesysprep on old PC, it runs okay, then says launching sysprep, and I get two errors:-

1) CustomEyes - one or more bitmaps are missing - skin ax##\z##.cey - Error Code = F

I okay this message and then get this error:-

2) setupcl.exe is not present - sysprep cannot run on this system

I have checked and setupcl is present, so not sure why this error.

Will have one more go and then give up I think, as UIU worked without error and allowed me to get images from an old PC onto new desktop and laptop without issue, was hoping to find a free way to do it using your tool but no luck so far

Thanks again for your help

Ignore first error, this was caused by ShellWM, now recreated without adding this to build and now the only error I get is when running offlinesysprep it comes up ans says setupcl is not present, when it is!

What are the chance of getting this running under VistaPE then at least it will boot on any hardware i.e. my Dell without blue screening due to lack of drivers etc

#13 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:08 PM

Finally got round the setupcl missing error by copying the plugin directory that livexp had created in the target dir to a VistaPE CD and booting and running it in vistaPE

Offlinesysprep and sysprep completed as expected, took image and copied it to new PC and it fails to even boot, getting to stage of showing winxp boot logo and then it reboots every time.

The exact same procedure done using UIU works perfectly fine and boots up on the new PC

Was really hoping this would give me the free alternative as good as UIU but not so far....

The testing continues....

#14 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:31 PM

The error concerning setupcl is because it is not present under the \system32\ folder. The likely reason for this is is that your systemdrive is not writable and so sysprep cannot copy the file there. You need to select 'systemdrive is not writable' from the script interface to avoid this error.

You may be able to get access to your sata drive with my mass storage drivers script downloadable here:

http://galapo.boot-l...rage-711.script

I'd be very interested to hear if the BSOD is avoided.

Regards,
Galapo.

#15 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

The error concerning setupcl is because it is not present under the \system32\ folder. The likely reason for this is is that your systemdrive is not writable and so sysprep cannot copy the file there. You need to select 'systemdrive is not writable' from the script interface to avoid this error.

You may be able to get access to your sata drive with my mass storage drivers script downloadable here:

http://galapo.boot-l...rage-711.script

I'd be very interested to hear if the BSOD is avoided.

Regards,
Galapo.

Hi Galapo

Just tried it with your MassStorage plugin and it boots fine!

Thanks

#16 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:40 PM

Just tried it with your MassStorage plugin and it boots fine!

Fantastic, good to hear! I personally don't have the hardware at the moment to test so I'm glad to hear it's functioning.

I assume you're over the setupcl hurdle?

Regards,
Galapo.

#17 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:49 PM

Offlinesysprep and sysprep completed as expected, took image and copied it to new PC and it fails to even boot, getting to stage of showing winxp boot logo and then it reboots every time.

To me this sounds like a HD driver issue, be it ide, sata, or scsi.

Rebooting or BSOD before the gui is generally a HAL issue so I don't think it's that.

Does the system contain the correct hwid in CriticalDeviceDatabase with a corresponding service?

Have you tried injecting a driver from the DriverPacks?

Galapo.

#18 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:18 AM

To me this sounds like a HD driver issue, be it ide, sata, or scsi.

Rebooting or BSOD before the gui is generally a HAL issue so I don't think it's that.

Does the system contain the correct hwid in CriticalDeviceDatabase with a corresponding service?

Have you tried injecting a driver from the DriverPacks?

Galapo.

I must admit I have given up for now, needed a easy solution for a client, and UIU seems to just do it without me having to do anything else, where your tool unfortunately I seem to have to do a lot manually that UIU does anyway

Will come back to it sometime as I do love your tool and especially compared to the cost of using UIU!

Happy to test any new versions that replicate UIU more though!

#19 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:25 AM

Note that you will have to use my tool in the instance where you shift between incompatible HALs. UIU is unable to do this for you.

My tool requires no real manual work if you know what you're doing, but it does require background knowledge in sysprepping, mass storage drivers, etc. It would be good if there was more of a help file, but I just don't have time for it at the moment. OfflineSysPrep is basically just a tool for my own needs that I've made available for others if they so desire.

Regards,
Galapo.

#20 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:28 AM

Note that you will have to use my tool in the instance where you shift between incompatible HALs. UIU is unable to do this for you.

My tool requires no real manual work if you know what you're doing, but it does require background knowledge in sysprepping, mass storage drivers, etc. It would be good if there was more of a help file, but I just don't have time for it at the moment. OfflineSysPrep is basically just a tool for my own needs that I've made available for others if they so desire.

Regards,
Galapo.

fair point and I have enjoyed trying it out

BTW UIU has full hal support available in new release coming before end of year

#21 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:43 AM

BTW UIU has full hal support available in new release coming before end of year

That's good to hear. It's actually not that hard to get this working and I was able to figure this out for OfflineSysPrep.

By the way, if my mass storage driver script got you access to your harddrive, then if you build OfflineSysPrep with the mass storage option, then you should be able to get the driver injection happening through the 'advanced' functions. Wish I had a system that I could actually test this on myself and no just on virtual hardware.

Regards,
Galapo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users