Introduced by Amalux's trial, there has been a 'crazy idea' of MedEvil, to 'steel' drivers from the host here
Introduced by both, there has been a developer (me) to finish the team's work:
The result is a new hostNIC.Script.
You can download it from the nativeEx server.
- Remove all NIC (including emulator) drivers from your project
- Make your PE drive writable (BootSDI or FBWF)
- Build the project, hostNIC.Script included
- Burn a CD (cannot be tested in emulator because of missing host HDDs)
- Start the CD
- It will give an error message by PENetwork, that there is no network card
- Start Programs > nativeEx > hostNIC
- If necessary, change the default WinDir to your host's conditions
(If you see your driver's description in the topmost scroll box, do not change anything)
- Click 'Install'
- Run PENetwork
It will find your host's NIC and you have network connection!
I'll work on this.
As a result, like Nuno already posted, it may be possible, that with a minimum preinstalled drivers, you can access 'every host'.
Thanks to Amalux and MedEvil