- - - - -

LiveXP - No Shell

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scruff

Scruff
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music (Bass player) Love my Aussie rock. Comps & programming (VB6, Hate .Net). Seeing Australia - really enjoy seeing all the great places around Oz that I never thought I'd see. What a Country!!!
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:01 AM

I have been trying for 2 days to get a working CD, but can't get Explorer to show up.

I tried both LiveXP and NativeEx, same result with both. I get the wallpaper, but no shell. Just a blank screen with the cursor.

Need advice as to what I may be doing wrong.

Cheers,
Scruff.

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:33 AM

I have been trying for 2 days to get a working CD, but can't get Explorer to show up.

I tried both LiveXP and NativeEx, same result with both. I get the wallpaper, but no shell. Just a blank screen with the cursor.

Need advice as to what I may be doing wrong.

Cheers,
Scruff.

See http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=25212

Did you do the nativeEx build w/o any change besides defining the source path?

See http://nativeex.boot....net/index.html

Peter

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:13 PM

Don't also forget to try the resulting ISO on real hardware - sometimes it could also be not enough RAM emulated by the virtual machine program (qemu) and need to raise the available memory.

Don't forget to do exactly as Peter recommended so that we can have a better "picture" of what is happening on your project.

:cheers:

#4 Scruff

Scruff
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music (Bass player) Love my Aussie rock. Comps & programming (VB6, Hate .Net). Seeing Australia - really enjoy seeing all the great places around Oz that I never thought I'd see. What a Country!!!
  •  
    Australia

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

Got it working now. Apparently what I was doing wrong was leaving everything ticked on the download instead of only ticking "nativeEx_barebone" and "nativeEx_Core". It seems that this was upsetting the apple cart somehow.

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks psc for reminding me to read the original instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users