81 replies to this topic

#51 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:36 PM

JonF
Thanks! Fixed (Standard-3-Config.script)

:cheers:

#52 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:57 PM

I've just noticed that in StartMenu is created a folder that points to "System32" instead of a shortcut that points to "File Manager"...

Solved: really that shortcut points to "Total Commander", but in my personal script I had renamed its default folder... :cheers:

Edited by online, 25 December 2007 - 07:10 PM.

#53 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:55 PM

Under LiteStep Shell if I run "Reload VistaPE settings" then the shell definitively hangs and the whole system will be down (the mouse cursor is moveable, but no right-click menu is available and only the wallpaper is visible)... nothing to do, only to push reset button on the machine... :cheers:

The error message is the following:

LitesTep :: !Popup :: Error

Exception during bang command execution.

Please contact the module author.

lsxcommand-1.9.4.dll

#54 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

Am I missing something? These 2 commands creates a shortcut in the start menu but not on the desktop (in fact I don't have any icons on the desktop where as before I did).

Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Network,"%systemroot%\System32\rundll32.exe","Map Network Drive","%systemroot%\system32","shell32.dll#$cSHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL Connect",,"1"
Add_Shortcut,Desktop,"%systemroot%\System32\rundll32.exe","Map Network Drive","%systemroot%\system32","shell32.dll#$cSHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL Connect",,"1"

Do I need to use WB 74 (still using 72) :cheers:

#55 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:54 PM

Am I missing something? These 2 commands creates a shortcut in the start menu but not on the desktop (in fact I don't have any icons on the desktop where as before I did).

Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,Network,"%systemroot%\System32\rundll32.exe","Map Network Drive","%systemroot%\system32","shell32.dll#$cSHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL Connect",,"1"
Add_Shortcut,Desktop,"%systemroot%\System32\rundll32.exe","Map Network Drive","%systemroot%\system32","shell32.dll#$cSHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL Connect",,"1"

Do I need to use WB 74 (still using 72) :cheers:

I'm using 74 and seeing similar problems. I think anything but the simplest desktop shortcut is broken in the current beta.

#56 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:55 AM

Desktop icons fixed, sorry :cheers:

(Standard-3-Config.script)

fix1.JPG

#57 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:41 PM

Desktop icons fixed, sorry :cheers:

(Standard-3-Config.script)

fix1.JPG

This works but for some reason I can get this shortcut to take the included icon. Any ideas??

Attached File  MapNetDrive.script   332.49KB   288 downloads

#58 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:50 AM

By the log i get, it seems that VistaPE 11 can't be build with just the WAIK anymore.
Is this true, or do i just have to adopt some settings?

#59 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:42 PM

Under LiteStep Shell if I run "Reload VistaPE settings" then the shell definitively hangs and the whole system will be down (the mouse cursor is moveable, but no right-click menu is available and only the wallpaper is visible)... nothing to do, only to push reset button on the machine...

Actual version of "VistaPE Loader" (21.12.2007) solves the issue and works like a charme! :cheers:

#60 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:53 AM

By the log i get, it seems that VistaPE 11 can't be build with just the WAIK anymore.
Is this true, or do i just have to adopt some settings?

Hi MedEvil,

You should be able to build VistaPE v.11 from WAIK. Most of the Scripts that require the DVD are labelled as such, and should be deselected.

Something I find disconcerting in the last few versions of VistaPE is the 'Main Configuration' Script. You can select a 'main shell' in that Script, but there are also individual Scripts for each Shell in the 'Shell' folder. What's the connection, if any???

Here's my log (abridged) for a very minimum build... I haven't tried anything more.

I am gone for a few days. Happy holidays to everyone. :cheers:

#61 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:41 PM

I keep getting an error about a not found bcdedit.exe during build and then VistaPE blue screens during boot, if i use the WAIK as source.

#62 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

I keep getting an error about a not found bcdedit.exe during build and then VistaPE blue screens during boot, if i use the WAIK as source.

Often this error occurs when you stop the process in progress and then you restart it without machine reboot.

#63 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:11 AM

Often this error occurs when you stop the process in progress and then you restart it without machine reboot.

Well, i never stoped a build and did reboot several times in the past few days.
I also checked for bcdedit myself in the WAIK folder. It does not exist there.
Does bcdedit exist in your WAIK and if so, what language is your WAIK?

#64 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:24 AM

Does bcdedit exist in your WAIK and if so, what language is your WAIK?

I have Vista Ultimate installed in (C:\) and "bcdedit.exe" is located in System32 folder...

I use both Windows AIK and Vista DVD in English (en-US).

#65 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

I have Vista Ultimate installed in (C:\) and "bcdedit.exe" is located in System32 folder...

I use both Windows AIK and Vista DVD in English (en-US).

So you can not confirm that bcdedit exists in your WAIK or are you saying, that it also does not exist in your WAIK?

#66 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:45 AM

So you can not confirm that bcdedit exists in your WAIK or are you saying, that it also does not exist in your WAIK?

Having already Vista installed, and now I don't know if WAIK would copy it however in system32 or somewhere... however it is not in WAIK folder.
You have WAIK installed, right? And if you search "bcdedit.exe" in your partition (not only in "Windows AIK" folder) is it there or not?
Which is the requested location of missing "bcdedit.exe" in your error message?

#67 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:02 AM

@ NightMan

Hi!

I've just updated my Starfield ScreenSaver about VistaPE 011 (I've added a configuration file too) and I thought if I could replace (and how) "File Manager" shortcut in Start Menu (first flag) so that the screen-saver is much more comfortable to launch... :cheers:

Thank you very much! :cheers:

#68 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

I've just updated my Starfield ScreenSaver about VistaPE 011 (I've added a configuration file too)

Thank! and i make some changes for your new script :cheers:
Echo,Processing %ProgramTitle%...

RunFromRam,True

IniRead,%VistaInfo%,"VistaInfo","Language","%DistLang%"

IniRead,%VistaInfo%,"VistaInfo","SourceType","%SourceType%"

If,%SourceType%,Equal,VistaCD,FileCopy,"%InstallSRC%\Windows\System32\desk.cpl","%TargetDir%\Windows\System32"

If,%SourceType%,Equal,VistaCD,FileCopy,"%InstallSRC%\Windows\System32\%DistLang%\desk.cpl.mui","%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\%DistLang%"

ExtractFile,"%ScriptFile%","File1","Starfield.scr","%target_sys%"

ExtractFile,"%ScriptFile%","File2","control.ini","%target_win%"

hive_load,HKU

and I thought if I could replace (and how) "File Manager" shortcut in Start Menu (first flag) so that the screen saver is much more comfortable to launch... :cheers:

sorry, i not fully understand :cheers: you want add your own program under "File Manager"? modify "LiteStep\personal\popup.rc" file, right now we not have API for it :cheers:

#69 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

edit: unwanted doubled post

#70 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:48 AM

sorry, i not fully understand :cheers: you want add your own program under "File Manager"? modify "LiteStep\personal\popup.rc" file, right now we not have API for it :cheers:

Thank you for your quick reply! :cheers:

No, I wish to replace the shortcut named "File Manager" in the first flag of Start Menu (please, see the screenshot) with a shortcut named "Starfield ScreenSaver".

Thank you so very much! :cheers:

#71 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:57 AM

Thank! and i make some changes for your new script :cheers:

Echo,Processing %ProgramTitle%...

RunFromRam,True

IniRead,%VistaInfo%,"VistaInfo","Language","%DistLang%"

IniRead,%VistaInfo%,"VistaInfo","SourceType","%SourceType%"

If,%SourceType%,Equal,VistaCD,FileCopy,"%InstallSRC%\Windows\System32\desk.cpl","%TargetDir%\Windows\System32"

If,%SourceType%,Equal,VistaCD,FileCopy,"%InstallSRC%\Windows\System32\%DistLang%\desk.cpl.mui","%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\%DistLang%"

ExtractFile,"%ScriptFile%","File1","Starfield.scr","%target_sys%"

ExtractFile,"%ScriptFile%","File2","control.ini","%target_win%"

hive_load,HKU

Oh, thank you! :cheers:

I will re-update it very soon! :cheers:

#72 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:57 AM

"LiteStep\personal\popup.rc" file contain all setting for right click and "start menu"

file "evars.rc" contain all user's vars, but it's will be rewrited by vpeldr.exe every time during booting...

#73 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

"LiteStep\personal\popup.rc" file contain all setting for right click and "start menu"

Yesss!!! :cheers:

I've modified it while I'm surfing under VistaPE... very very cool!!! :cheers:

NightMan, thank you so very much!!! :cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.png

#74 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

Having already Vista installed, and now I don't know if WAIK would copy it however in system32 or somewhere... however it is not in WAIK folder.
You have WAIK installed, right? And if you search "bcdedit.exe" in your partition (not only in "Windows AIK" folder) is it there or not?
Which is the requested location of missing "bcdedit.exe" in your error message?

Yes i have WAIK installed and bcdedit only exists in my Vista source.
Standart-6-postconfig.script gives me the following error message:
D:\Winbuilder_VistaPE11\Target\VistaPE Beta\Windows\system32\bcdedit.exe was not found. bla bla bla...

#75 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

Yes i have WAIK installed and bcdedit only exists in my Vista source.
Standart-6-postconfig.script gives me the following error message:
D:\Winbuilder_VistaPE11\Target\VistaPE Beta\Windows\system32\bcdedit.exe was not found. bla bla bla...

I had this happen to me when I had 2 postconfig scripts. Verify that you only have 1 enabled (probably have one from v10 and one from v11). Just double check.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users