[Script] OLESupport

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:55 AM

In the actual version of OLESupport.Script every item is reinstalled / reregistered on every build.

For some items this needs a long time, for shell32.dll on my PC e.g. 20 seconds.
(BTW: These 20 seconds are moved from every boot to build by using OLESupport!)

To increase this speed, I now cache the install / register results as *.reg files in %ProjectCache%\Registry.

If a request is made to register an item, OLESupport.Scripts checks whether the cached *.reg exitst. If not, it is createad.

Then the *.reg is read into the hive.

New '7 - OLESupport.Script' version 11 on the nativeEx server.

Peter

ToDo-s:
@Me
The cached *.regs are locale dependent. But currently they do not have a 'locale' index in their name. As a result:
If you build the cache with English, you'll use this cache also, if you do a new build with a German source CD.

@Nuno:
The current external and time consuming
ShellExecute,Hide,regedit.exe,"/s #$q%ProjectCache%\Registry\#1.reg#$q"
should be replaced by an internal 'RegImport',"ImportFile"

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 November 2007 - 01:24 PM

Very good work - this script just keeps getting better and better and this is surely a good evolution to PE boot disks.

About shellexecute vs regimport - will see what can be done shortly enough (I hope)

I was going to suggest using ShellExecuteEx but I'm afraid it would probably interfer with other running scripts in the meanwhile so the solution must definitively be an improvement on regimport to make things work faster.

:cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users