thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:computers<br />mechanics<br />distortion<br /><br />
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

This is a full version of Acronis TrueImage supplied for customers of Seagate, who also manufacture Maxor hardisks. It is fully licensed and requires no serial number on setup.
I'm working on a theory that it may even work for other manufacturer's harddisks. :cheers:

Some quick details here:
http://www.softwarep...s/maxblast.html

or just dl the setup(s)..
direct links ~ TrueImage 10 Oem MaxBlast setup:
http://www.seagate.c...astSetup.en.exe
also see here..
http://www.seagate.c...000dd04090aRCRD
Updates should follow soon, so check back.
~enjoy! :cheers:

I can put together a script for this to run under winPE later this week.

Tests under virtual machines have been a problem, the plugin/script for this product will not be distributed on my servers, sorry. Emulation of a seagate disk is not going to be permitted, so I'm scrapping it, i.e., yes, user's must have Seagate hw installed. If you like, look ahead through the posts for an INF plugin I attached.
In general, if you wish to use the oem acronis imaging products in pe, try the supplied bartpe plugin (from Acronis). It provides most common functions less image mounting.
..all for now.

-t

#2 dog

dog

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

I'm working on a theory that it may even work for other manufacturer's harddisks. :cheers:

The version I have does not require a seagate or maxtor drive to be involved in the backup or restore, just present in the system when the app loads.
I have one usb drive which is enough, although another on a "usb to ide bridge" which is not :cheers:

#3 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:03 AM

was joking. :cheers:
Someone on the net actually posted that you must install the hdd prior to the Acronis softeware, which itself is used to install the hdd. :cheers:
--but thanks for posting the info.

Have you used the snap restore feature of trueimage?
Impressive.

another note,
The "DiscWizard" version does not uninstall all components correctly, a defect in the msi packaging, not the Acronis imaging technoligy itself, though Acronis may well have packaged it.

The MaxBlast version contains no obvious issues. I'll use that versoin for a wb script.

#4 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:12 AM

I can put together a script for this to run under winPE later this week. -t

Any update?

Thanks for posting the links. I own a maxtor external drive myself, but had forgotten about the maxblast utilities. And now they've been updated!

Regards,
Galapo.

#5 DaemonForce

DaemonForce

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:[=D=] is online when I am.<br /><br />DaemonPE is 18% complete!<br />Latest ISO manufactured 25/09/2007
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:25 AM

This is very impressive. I will investigate when I have more time. :cheers:

#6 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:06 AM

Gday Thunn,

Just wondering if you've made any progress with this script, or if you think it's still viable.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#7 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:59 AM

I actually decided to work on ti11 which in the end, brought me right back to ti10oem as a first choice. TI11 works, but it's simply too bulky and has a new feature that's not much good for pe, 'try and decide'.

TrueImage OEM for BartPECore is coming ... eta is a day or two. It will also work with nativeEX based. It should be a good solution for a while as updates are free. You do not have to run it on a Seagate/Maxor drive, but it's recommended. :cheers:
Watch the forums and my wb webservers for the update in the very near future. Until then, TrueImage 9.1 Lite is stable, fully tested, and only 20 Mb. or so. Ti10oem will be a full product script.

#8 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:53 AM

Fantastic! I'm sure many will appreciate your work on these scripts.

I'll watch your servers expectantly!

Maybe I should adjust my Paragon HDM script to handle hotbackup of both HDM and TI. I'll have to check Mustang's BartPE plugin again to remember the necessary details.

Regards,
Galapo.

#9 dog

dog

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:06 PM

@thunn
Are you building using the latest version?
I had issues moving my plugin from discwizard 10.0.0.5028 to 5077, 5077 appeared to need to see the same disk(s) that were present at install.
Judging by Mustang's experience, Acronis seem to change stuff around all the time, to keep us on our toes...

#10 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:34 PM

Judging by Mustang's experience, Acronis seem to change stuff around all the time, to keep us on our toes

It's possible the files naming scheme is different between thew versions you mentioned, check that quick using windiff or similar.

I've been preinstalling Acronis products for quite some time, It took an hour or two to get ti11 running in PE from a captured installation, so I should be ok with ti10.. :cheers:

..About to get working on what everyone has asked for, so pls. keep you eyes peeled. Users may PM me for an advanced version if you wish to assist in some pre-release testing.

As Dog asked about the version is use, I will be using the dl currently available, the version no. indeed is 10.0.0.5077.

Maybe I should adjust my Paragon HDM script to handle hotbackup of both HDM and TI. I'll have to check Mustang's BartPE plugin again to remember the necessary details.

Frodo is working on upper filter swapping I believe, he's make another autoit tool. But for Paragon, I can't say, I think it's for Ghost & TI on the same image (many corp. cust. use ghost).

#11 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:59 PM

I'm may scrap this, Seagate hardware must be installed!. Adding dummy entries for their disks is unethical. :cheers:

TrueImage 11 is under way, but needs reducing for pe..
TrueImage Server 9.1 Lite is 15 MB. and mounts disk images. I've tested it though and through, even imaged my own systems with it for many recent tests, seems quite stable. Hense, ti 9.1 lite is my recommendation for today. :cheers:

#12 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:51 PM

I'm going to scrap this, Seagate hardware must be installed!. Adding dummy entries for their disks is unethical.

Gday Thunn,

I see your point and I agree.

However, is your script working if one does have a Seagate drive installed? Is it possible to post your script for users of Seagate hardware?

Regards,
Galapo.

#13 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:21 PM

I do preliminary tests using inf format files, I could post a pebuilder inf if you like, which is very easy to convert, this is leading me to think we need a script for t110 'lite' perhaps. Unfortunately the home ti versions are missing some powerfull networking components. Ti9.1 is still the best enterprise level imaging tool.

#14 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:51 PM

Yes, you're right. I guess it depends if there's any demand for the usage for the home/OEM version. And whether the extra image size is worth it considering its home/OEM we're talking about. But it is free! But then Snapshot itself is relatively inexpensive -- and so small!

Regards,
Galapo.

#15 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:45 AM

I'll upload the plugin I've been testing for MaxBlast5 which requires seagate hardware. Maybe I can get one or two users to report it was usefull. :cheers:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users