http://sanbarrow.com...topic.php?t=860

Ulli

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:26 PM

Testing and thanks for update. Finally some hand holding while trying to create this PE. :cheers:

The

:cheers:
1.JPG

1.JPG

First problem I ran into. Since I wasnt paying attention. Mao setup closed on me without me know what was the problem. So I tried again and payed more attention to what it says about not spaces in the directory being worked on.
2.JPG

After changint to no spaces container for MOA
4.JPG

dowloading Pebuilder
5.JPG

Downloading required stuff.
6.jpg

UPdating plugins. It stays there for a while. Can a progress thing be shown so people wont think that Moa setup has not frozen.
7.jpg

After a while, A virtual disk mounting tool comes up. QUestion: Did Moa Setup already install the vdk.exe file that im suppose to have installed already and if it did, Moa didnt let me know.
8.jpg

It seems the vdk.exe was installed during one of the process done by Moa, but it didnt tell me so. I was worried that I had to go download somewhere and install it before I could press the ok button. Seeing that I do have it installed, I can now proceed to clicking the ok button.
9.JPG

When Pressing OK button Moa Setup dissapears. So what now, It says it will start mounting Virtual disks but I dont see that happening. I guess I have to start over. Why do I have to do Evreything again. Doesnt Mao Setup know I have PeBuilder already downloaded and go to the next step to check and see if have the other things it needs installed or if I need them installed or downloaded if they are missing from the current running OS.
10.jpg

Still Testing. Stoped testing because the prompt just remains at downloading PE builder again.
Its been running like this for a while, so i have to kill the process in order to stop Moa setup. I cant click on the x and stop it.

#3 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

Hi
you are right - I should mention that the tool installs vdk in case it is not installed.
Sorry about the missing progressbar - I simply don't know how to do that.

When it hangs while downloading pebuilder - did it have already downloaded it into that directory before ?
At the moment it should be used in fresh directories only.

About the files:
the workstation setup is not freely downloadable - so I expect that users already have this files downloaded and just copy it into the same dir.
VIclient -setup is available for ESX-users only - it has to be downloaded via the webinterface to ESX.
The converter is freely available so the tool will try to download it.

When Pressing OK button Moa Setup dissapears. So what now, It says it will start mounting Virtual disks but I dont see that happening. I guess I have to start over.

Ah I see - didn't you enter a driveletter ?

Thanks for feedback

Ulli

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:35 PM

When it hangs while downloading pebuilder - did it have already downloaded it into that directory before ?

Yes!

At the moment it should be used in fresh directories only.

ok!

About the files:
the workstation setup is not freely downloadable - so I expect that users already have this files downloaded and just copy it into the same dir.
VIclient -setup is available for ESX-users only - it has to be downloaded via the webinterface to ESX.
The converter is freely available so the tool will try to download it.

Thanks for feedback

OK! Thanks for the hard work put into this.

So after the process is done. Are we suppose to use PEbuilder and continue from there.
Also. With what version of VMware is this compatible. Do we need v6 or is 5.5 ok.

#5 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

So after the process is done. Are we suppose to use PEbuilder and continue from there.

Yes - you should customize the localisation plugin and add further plugins - in case you need any.
I plan to add creation of a ramloading image and some more steps of post-processing later.

Also. With what version of VMware is this compatible. Do we need v6 or is 5.5 ok.

The older plugin for 5.5 still works - but I can also translate it so that it can be prepared with the new setup-tool.

#6 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:31 PM

Updated to version 2.2.002
http://sanbarrow.com...opic.php?p=2988

fixed some of the issues TheHive mentioned

#7 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the update. I think ill have time during weekend to test and post results.

#8 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:58 PM

Sounds promissing - can you detail which aditional software needs to be downloaded or is it all done automatically? :cheers:

#9 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:26 PM

Nuno - you don't need to add any files.
The setup downloads some required tools from sysinternals - like junction.exe.

If you do not add any of the listed VMware-files it will try to download Converter 3.0.1 from VMware.
The tool also downloads a replacement for the plugin-directory from pebuilder from sanbarrow.com - which contains only files that can be redistributed - I hope - like Paragliders hwpnp.exe , Ken Katos vdk.exe and things like that.
The tool also downloads the current version of pebuilder - but does not touch the pebuilder-procedure in itself.

Since version 2.1 I hope that I don't violate any rules anymore - latest version should be clean. :cheers:

#10 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:38 AM

These are very good news! :cheers:

(surely makes it easier for everyone to try out quickly)

#11 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

The setup downloads some required tools from sysinternals - like junction.exe.

Isn't that a bit hard, now that sysinternals no longer exists?

#12 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:55 PM

Isn't that a bit hard, now that sysinternals no longer exists?

Sometimes ignorance of new developements is the fastest way to get the job done :cheers:
the old links still work ... check for example
http://download.sysi...iles/Contig.zip

#13 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

Testing MOA 2.2.002

I had to stop testing. When I get to the point where it asks that MOA needs a temp drive and I point to it to use an drive. I am forced to keep typing the drive letter and then clicking the OK button more then several times as you can see from the screen shot. In the other release I did not have to do that. So I had to stop typing the drive letter and then pressing ok after doing it for about 25 + times.
Choose_Drive_Letter.jpg

#14 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 05:23 PM

Are you sure you select an UNUSED driveletter ?

#15 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:59 PM

By unused, do you mean an empty drive letter with no content.
If you mean did a have anything open that was using that drive letter no. I made sure not to because there a prompt that recommended not to have anything open within that drive letter.

#16 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:07 PM

Daah! I think I get what it means by unused drive letter.
It means to type a drive letter which is not being used by a Hardrive Partition or a CD/DVD, etc.
For example you cant use C: because youre OS files might be there, or D because it could be the CD/DVD rom which uses that drive. So you should choose for example X drive letter to let the program mount the temporary virtual Disks.

This time I selected X drive and it worked fine. Before I was using a partition that was already physically being used by my Contents.

I really like the way the blinking cursor get youre attention when its doing something. That way the user doest think the program froze. Very good.

It now seems to have the ability to recognize wether you have Vmware 5.5 or 6. Nice.

At this point of configuring Net i get this error.
err.jpg

To get this error for missing mscoree.dll, I selected
Configure in the NET Framework 1.1 Plugin Wizard.
PE Mode - BarPE
1.jpg

Plugin Mode - Universal
2.jpg

Start Method - . NEt Framework ... Automatically
3.jpg

So reconfigured and Selected the Drive X mode Same error. The bad thing is that it does tell me where this mscoree.dll goes to see if I can put it there.

Stoped testing

#17 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:34 PM

You only need the framework-plugin for the VI-client - so I doubt you will ever need it.

Please configure the plugin like this
http://sanbarrow.com...netfx-help.html

#18 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

After looking at the Config Plugin Window a bit more I realized I did not have NetFramework Install so I proceeded to install and reconfigure the plugin.

Bingo that is what was wrong. I didnt not have Netframework installed. So after installing it and doing the Configure button of the Netframwork plugin, the collection process works.

This Time BArPE launches. Very good. I dont have to think something went wrong this time.

I configured bartPE to 2003 Windows SOurce and away it goes after a few more prompts.

#19 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:48 PM

Suggestion:
Is there no way to have the MOA setup check which drive is not being used and then use one of them to do its mounting. Instead of asking the user to know which one is not being used. That would hopefully keep people from having the same problem I did during the Setup Process.

Other then having stoped at the Selecting an empty drive and Installing and configuring the Net Framework. Everything else went smoothly.

Recommend Using screensize default to 800 X 600. When testing in Vmware I dont get to see the whole thing. It goes beyond my screen and I have to Full screen it, to work with MOA.

Finally got MOA up and booting. Excellent.
4.jpg

5.jpg :cheers:

Just noticed that I cant run Vmware 5.5, so I think I need to install v6 so MOA can get the right files.

Either way MOA appears more user friendly then when I first Tried to build it along time ago. So to come this far is great.

#20 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

Nice to see your screenshots :cheers:

I am preparing next version right now - it will add WS 5.5 and VMplayer 2.0.1 plugins.

About the driveletters: I had that autodetect driveletter first - but I found it safer if the user knows which driveletter will be used.

#21 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:53 PM

hmm.. looks like a nice desktop! :cheers:

#22 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:56 PM

Added VMplayer 2.0.1 plugin - see
http://sanbarrow.com...php?p=3022#3022

#23 avaughn

avaughn
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

I continue to get a "sources bad" error when I chose my Windows 2003 CD in my CD rom? Is their a file I am suppose to drill down on the CD? I would love to see this work, I just cant get past this point?

#24 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

Hi
revisit my site and look for MOA 2.3 - I hope to have completed howto and uploads tomorrow

VMware-apps will be loaded without having to do any registry stuff at build-time ...
Many improvements like optional dotnet2-on-demand - again without adding any registry at build-time ...

Ulli

a little preview ? ... shows how moa23 loads dotnet2 apps on demand
http://sanbarrow.com...otnet4moa23.avi

#25 steelbone

steelbone

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 126 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

hi :thumbsup:

im really nosy for the comming Moa 2.3. (is there a version history available from 2.2 to 2.3)?

;( the link for the avi don't work ;(

regards to germany

steel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users