#1 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:40 PM

suddenly ive lost the ability to create a working build of both livexp and nativeex. during boot process after boot screen and before desktop load i get an error lsass.exe problem. i didnt realize that i changed anything in fact i had a working backup of the project which i tried and it failed too. im using winbuilder 072 with xp sp2 rtm as source. this has always worked till now. any ideas???

#2 Sherpya

Sherpya

• Developer
  • 51 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:21 AM

I've got same problem some time ago
check if lsass.exe is compressed/uncompressed

if compressed (lsass.ex_) uncompress it
if not compressed (lsass.exe) compress it

I'm not crazy it's only I don't remember what file the script searches for

are you sure you are using latest versions of the scripts,
I've read a thread to resolve this problem using an helper function

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

suddenly ive lost the ability to create a working build of both livexp and nativeex. during boot process after boot screen and before desktop load i get an error lsass.exe problem. i didnt realize that i changed anything in fact i had a working backup of the project which i tried and it failed too. im using winbuilder 072 with xp sp2 rtm as source. this has always worked till now. any ideas???

Please do this test for me:
In your non-running nativeEx_barebone
  • rebuild and save the log, the temp\nativeEx_barebone and workbench\nativeEx_barebone directories
  • navigate to !WBManager > WBManager
  • save constallation as 'lsass_error'
  • choose and restore constellation 'standard'
    (maybe you have to restore the source path)
  • rebuild and save like above
If the second build does not work too, post all the zipped files
If the second build works, post the \nativeEx_barebone\!WBManager\lsass_error and \nativeEx_barebone\!WBManager\standard folders

Peter

#4 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:17 PM

Please do this test for me:
In your non-running nativeEx_barebone

• rebuild and save the log, the temp\nativeEx_barebone and workbench\nativeEx_barebone directories
  • navigate to !WBManager > WBManager
  • save constallation as 'lsass_error'
  • choose and restore constellation 'standard'
    (maybe you have to restore the source path)
  • rebuild and save like above
If the second build does not work too, post all the zipped files
If the second build works, post the \nativeEx_barebone\!WBManager\lsass_error and \nativeEx_barebone\!WBManager\standard folders

Peter

since last night - i have a working build of nativeex from a fresh download from server yesterday.
i need to get my livexp going. is the idea the same for it. the only thing that i know that i have changed on my system is the location of the xp sp2 source file. could this be the cause??? - i used to use an iso in a virtual cd mounted as drive m. now i have a xp sp2 install disk copied to hard drive in a folder. could the change of location of the source files cause this since livexp was originally built with the m drive as source???

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:48 PM

since last night - i have a working build of nativeex from a fresh download from server yesterday.
i need to get my livexp going. is the idea the same for it. the only thing that i know that i have changed on my system is the location of the xp sp2 source file. could this be the cause??? - i used to use an iso in a virtual cd mounted as drive m. now i have a xp sp2 install disk copied to hard drive in a folder. could the change of location of the source files cause this since livexp was originally built with the m drive as source???

If a fresh nativeEx works, LiveXP should work too (due to the nativeEx core functions)
Maybe you try to download LiveXP\Tools\upgradeCore from the nativeEx server and execute it.

The only possible change for me is:
Does the new path contain spaces? (inspite I think that this should not matter)

Peter

#6 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:02 PM

If a fresh nativeEx works, LiveXP should work too (due to the nativeEx core functions)
Maybe you try to download LiveXP\Tools\upgradeCore from the nativeEx server and execute it.

The only possible change for me is:
Does the new path contain spaces? (inspite I think that this should not matter)

Peter

will try tonite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users