Italian Defaults

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

As I've already said I've rationalized this script removing attached (and useless) dll... :cheers:

On this occasion I also would highlight the importance to edit "system_time.rc" file in LiteStep program in order to correct the Italian date-format wrong display too.

About the clock-time wrong display booty#1 was very clear, about the date-format wrong display the same file must be further edited as following:

DateLblText				 "[date('ddd. d mmm.')]"

:cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.png
  • 2.png

#27 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:18 PM

As I've already said I've rationalized this script removing attached (and useless) dll... :cheers:
On this occasion I also would highlight the importance to edit "system_time.rc" file in LiteStep program in order to correct the Italian date-format wrong display too.

About the clock-time wrong display booty#1 was very clear, about the date-format wrong display the same file must be further edited as following:

I take it this is mainly for Austerity theme of Litestep as I don't see this file for EcyStep. That being the case what I can do is modify the LiteStep script so that if Austerity is chosen then it will append this line into the System_time.rc. I can then propose this new script to Nightman for confirmation and he can post it on his server (I made the Ecystep theme compatible and have since made a slight change to it so this would be a good time to include anything else).

Just need to know the proper format that you want.

#28 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

I take it this is mainly for Austerity theme of Litestep as I don't see this file for EcyStep. That being the case what I can do is modify the LiteStep script so that if Austerity is chosen then it will append this line into the System_time.rc. I can then propose this new script to Nightman for confirmation and he can post it on his server (I made the Ecystep theme compatible and have since made a slight change to it so this would be a good time to include anything else).

My personal preference is without dots (ven, instead of ven. - ott, instead of ott.), but current Italian format is this:

Posted Image

Then the new strings to add to "1-LiteStep.script" are confirmed these:

If,"%pScrollBox1%",Equal,"Austerity",TXTDelLine,"%TargetDir%\Program#$sFiles\LiteStep\themes\austerity\config\system_time.rc","TimeLblText"

If,"%pScrollBox1%",Equal,"Austerity",TXTAddLine,"%TargetDir%\Program#$sFiles\LiteStep\themes\austerity\config\system_time.rc","TimeLblText #$q[time('i:nn')] [lowerCase(time('am/pm'))]#$q","Append"

If,"%pScrollBox1%",Equal,"Austerity",TXTReplace,"%TargetDir%\Program#$sFiles\LiteStep\themes\austerity\config\system_time.rc","ddd. mmm. d","ddd. d mmm."

#29 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

Why do you not simply ask the registry for
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sShortDate
and use that value?
That would be language independent.

(There are some localizations you could learn from nativeEx)

Peter

#30 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

Why do you not simply ask the registry for
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sShortDate
and use that value?
That would be language independent.

(There are some localizations you could learn from nativeEx)

Peter

No, Peter: thank you, but registry entries are already right! :cheers:

That issue is LiteStep/AusterityTheme-related, and the file ("system_time.rc") that must be edited is in "\WinBuilder\Target\VistaPE-beta\Program Files\LiteStep" program folder (temporarily, because of after ISO creation the whole LiteStep folder is deleted) and it is there just for that...
So the "system_time.rc" file editing is a root-setting. :cheers:

File ("system_time.rc") content:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; label config
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;--> see label's readme for details on configuring the date and time format

TimeWidth $TimeLblWidth$

Labels TimeLbl, DateLbl

AllLabelsFont "$TimeFont$"
AllLabelsFontHeight 13
AllLabelsFontColor "$TimeTxtColour$"
AllLabelsJustify left

IF NOT MaximizeOverBar AND BarOnTop
AllLabelsAlwaysOnTop
ENDIF

;--> for 24hour time change TimeLblText below to: "[time('i:nn')]"
TimeLblText "[time('h:nn')] [lowerCase(time('am/pm'))]"
TimeLblX -$TimeLblWidth$
TimeLblY $BarY$
TimeLblWidth 76
TimeLblHeight 24
TimeLblImage label_time.png
TimeLblFontHeight 13
;TimeLblFontBold true
TimeLblJustify center
TimeLblTopBorder 6
TimeLblRightBorder 6
TimeLblBottomBorder 0
TimeLblLeftBorder 0
TimeLblOnRightClick !execute [!ToggleRainlendar][!Reload][!ReloadModule "$ModulesDir$mzscript-0.8.6l.dll"]
TimeLblOnLeftDoubleClick !execute [control.exe timedate.cpl]
;--> to view system uptime when the mouse hovers over the time, uncomment the
; next two lines
;TimeLblOnMouseEnter !TimeLblSetText "[uptime('d')]d [uptime('h')]:[uptime('nn')]:[uptime('ss')]"
;TimeLblOnMouseLeave !TimeLblSetText "[time('h:nn')] [lowerCase(time('am/pm'))]"

DateLblText "[date('ddd. mmm. d')]"
DateLblX -$DateLblWidth$
DateLblY $BarY+24$
DateLblWidth 76
DateLblHeight 24
DateLblImage label_date.png
DateLblFontHeight 13
;DateLblFontBold true
DateLblJustify center
DateLblTopBorder 0
DateLblRightBorder 6
DateLblBottomBorder 7
DateLblLeftBorder 0
DateLblOnRightClick !execute [!ToggleRainlendar][!Reload][!ReloadModule "$ModulesDir$mzscript-0.8.6l.dll"]
DateLblOnLeftDoubleClick !execute [control.exe timedate.cpl]

Then to add above-posted new strings in "1-LiteStep.script" is a perfect solution! :cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• 12.png

#31 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:43 PM

Furthermore I confirm that the issue is AusterityTheme-related (please, see the screenshot: under EcyStep with no tweak all is more than correct!), and I remember that once using BSExplorer-shell all was correct too...

Then my previous post is (more than!) confirmed. :cheers:

http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=22655

#32 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:01 PM

No, Peter: thank you, but registry entries are already right! :cheers:

That issue is LiteStep/AusterityTheme-related, and the file ("system_time.rc") that must be edited is in "\WinBuilder\Target\VistaPE-beta\Program Files\LiteStep" program folder (temporarily, because of after ISO creation the whole LiteStep folder is deleted) and it is there just for that...
So the "system_time.rc" file editing is a root-setting. :cheers:

What I meant is something like:
RegRead,HKCR,"Control Panel\International",sShortDate,%format%

TXTReplace,<system_time.rc>,&#34;&#91;date&#40;&#39;ddd. mmm. d&#39;&#41;&#93;&#34;,&#34;&#91;date&#40;&#39;%format%&#39;&#41;&#93;&#34;
That localizes your 'LiteStep' install script for every language.

Peter

#33 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:53 PM

RegRead,HKCR,&#34;Control Panel\International&#34;,sShortDate,%format%

TXTReplace,<system_time.rc>,&#34;&#91;date&#40;&#39;ddd. mmm. d&#39;&#41;&#93;&#34;,&#34;&#91;date&#40;&#39;%format%&#39;&#41;&#93;&#34;

No.
It's interesting, but not so simple.

Please, do not forget that this is not a general Locale issue, this is a Locale issue related to LiteStep/AusterityShell (this is very important).

Furthermore under LiteStep/AusterityShell clock-time and date-format are two issues much different: clock-time is set switching 1 bit from "n" to "i" (from 12hour to 24hour format), date-format accepts and recognizes a certain number of characters (probably all) writing instead (ddd. d mmm. yyyy /), but it doesn't accept capital letters.

And "system_time.rc" file editing is not only needed in order to right Localize your system even in order to set your personal preferences, but it is also a root-setting (this is very important too).

In fact this means that if you edit "system_time.rc" bit in order to show clock-time format as 24hour then there is no way to show it in another format editing a registry entry.

Furthermore I don't know if your string should work (I didn't try it), but I know that "system_time.rc" file editing does not recognize capital letter and unfortunately in Vista there is no date-format without capital letter inside.

Then even if your string worked the date-display under LiteStep/AusterityShell should be wrong at any case.

#34 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:47 PM

edit

btw: unintentional doubled post

#35 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:01 PM

@psc

Please Peter, would you show me your defaults German clock-time and date-format display under Windows?

I'm trying a global way and I wish understand further about other languages-format are as default.

Thank you! :cheers:

Btw: I think that there are two great series: Anglo-Saxon and not Anglo-Saxon format, and I wish get some confirmations... :cheers:

Attached Thumbnails

• 5.png

#36 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:39 AM

Please Peter, would you show me your defaults German clock-time and date-format display under Windows?

I cannot make a screen shoot of the date shown when the mouse hoovers the clock.

Shown is

Sonntag, 14. Oktober 2007
12:35

Here the cmd:
date.gif

and registry locale:
locale.gif
Peter

#37 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

Shown is

Thanks!
With this I'm convincing myself that really exist two great series to display standard formats... :cheers:

#38 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

@ powaking

Please, read here... :cheers:

#39 online

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

RegRead,HKCR,&#34;Control Panel\International&#34;,sShortDate,%format%

Peter

Thanks!
Finally after many attempts of any type I've just found a way (described in another thread) to utilize your suggestion...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users