#1 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

I have a nice nativePE_RAM build, everything working great; I added Intel driver script to enable my net adapter and everything looks good in device mngr, PE mngr, ipconfig pings fine etc. Problem seems to be Opera; whenever I open the browser, I see Google load for 1 second and then Opera closes. I'm looking at trying a differant browser but thought I'd post here to see if anyone has any ideas :yahoo:

Here's the log:
[attachment=2673:np072sp2net.html]

#2 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

Problem seems to be Opera; whenever I open the browser, I see Google load for 1 second and then Opera closes. I'm looking at trying a differant browser but thought I'd post here to see if anyone has any ideas :)

From time to time someone posts about this problem with Opera in nativePE.
You can try the original CD-Opera script from LiveXP. There hasn't been an error report about it in months.

:yahoo:

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

I have a nice nativePE_RAM build, everything working great; I added Intel driver script to enable my net adapter and everything looks good in device mngr, PE mngr, ipconfig pings fine etc. Problem seems to be Opera; whenever I open the browser, I see Google load for 1 second and then Opera closes. I'm looking at trying a differant browser but thought I'd post here to see if anyone has any ideas :yahoo:

Here's the log:
[attachment=2673:np072sp2net.html]

Some version numbers are very strange for me (e.g. MakeISO 201).
Therefore maybe only Thunn can give answers.

You should try the good old (and small) OB1 from nativeEx.
If this runs, the cause should be recognized as 'Opera'.
On the other hand: If you use qEmu or a different emulator (log does not show anything about it), maybe you only have not enough of memory.

Peter

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

But you should try the good old (and small) OB1 from nativeEx.
On the other hand: If you use qEmu or a different emulator (log does not show anything about it), maybe you only have not enough of memory.

Peter

I removed qEmu on this one because it takes forever to load and doesn't tell me much; easier for me to just burn CD and test for 'real'. I'll try the OB1 and maybe on a another machine with more memory, this one only 512MB. Thanks Peter :yahoo:

@MedEvil

OK, will try the LiveXP script version as well! :)

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

I removed qEmu on this one because it takes forever to load and doesn't tell me much; easier for me to just burn CD and test for 'real'. I'll try the OB1 and maybe on a another machine with more memory, this one only 512MB. Thanks Peter :yahoo:

I still have qEmu (as default) in my project because it is completely delivered in %Tools%.

But in my tests I use VirtualBox. You should try it, too. It is much faster than qEmu and also faster than burning and starting a CD.
And it is for free. In the VirtualBox script (from nativeEx) there is a download link.
When you use it, you propably need the VirtualBox / VMWare network driver, nothing else.

Peter

#6 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

Not really on the topic but maybe interesting, nevertheless.
Just loged writes in Opera and Portable Firefox.

Opera
--------
No registry writes.
107 - 115 writes total about 100 to own folder

PFF
----
65 registry writes
36 thousand writes total/ to own directory

Anyone wanna do the math how long the USB-Stick is going to last with PFF? :)

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

Not really on the topic but maybe interesting, nevertheless.
Just loged writes in Opera and Portable Firefox.

Opera
--------
No registry writes.
107 - 115 writes total about 100 to own folder

PFF
----
65 registry writes
36 thousand writes total/ to own directory

Anyone wanna do the math how long the USB-Stick is going to last with PFF? :)

Unbeliavable !?!?

I prefer Firefox (Standard) as my standard browser.
Following your results, I'll never try to use PortableFirefox.

Peter

#8 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:computers<br />mechanics<br />distortion<br /><br />
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

You should try the good old (and small) OB1 from nativeEx.

Peter

regarding version revision for my updated scripts..
This is because of your verification script, so they're not removed.

btw..
I was debugging Opera for NativePE.
It should now work as expected. Added a nice default skin that's no bigger than the standard, hope you like it. It's HERE.
Although renamed, It still set's the work dir. to opera for nativepe using buildmodel (but not bartpe core).
Peter, Have you tried my firefox script? It the full version with a default profile in %appdata%.
Hope this hel[ps. :yahoo:

#9 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

Unbeliavable !?!?

I prefer Firefox (Standard) as my standard browser.
Following your results, I'll never try to use PortableFirefox.

Peter

Ok, to be fair, it's just that catastrophic when PFF is first started from a new place, which should be the normal thing for a portable application!

The reason is the internal working of PFF. It doesn't use relative paths as all the other portable applications, he uses absolute paths. :yahoo:
So upon start it is checked if the last folder it was started from, is the same it is started from now. If not, all paths throughout PFF are updated before FF is really started.
What a system! :)

:)

#10 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:18 AM

regarding version revision for my updated scripts..
This is because of your verification script, so they're not removed.

btw..
I was debugging Opera for NativePE.
It should now work as expected. Added a nice default skin that's no bigger than the standard, hope you like it. It's HERE.
Although renamed, It still set's the work dir. to opera for nativepe using buildmodel (but not bartpe core).
Peter, Have you tried my firefox script? It the full version with a default profile in %appdata%.
Hope this hel[ps. :)

Thuun

Fyi, still having same problem with new Opera-854 script from link above; now it stays open for two seconds before closing. No errors, in the log or elsewhere; everything else works great in this 'pure' NativePE (scripts downloaded from thuun.boot-land only - complete) Networking seems fine but Firefox also bad (says can't find .exe and when I direct it, echos a long list of files it can't open and then closes) I also tried OB1 as a test and it works fine (as good as it ever works) but I'd really like to track down this issue and use Opera for this, otherwise excellent, boot disk. Btw, I'm only using the '_RAM' boot CD; the other one asks me to insert my 'boot disk' in drive A:\ as it loads, what's up with that? :)

Here's my latest log:
[attachment=2677:np072intopc2.html]

Peter

I don't think it's memory related, does same thing in my Gig+ RAM machine and even in this one, shows over 260MB available with everything running. Hmmm... :yahoo:

#11 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:17 AM

You can try the original CD-Opera script from LiveXP. There hasn't been an error report about it in months.

MedEvil

Can you give additional direction on this, both of the scripts below don't work for me :) .
This version downloads with nativePE and closes immediately upon opening:
[attachment=2705:opverpe.JPG]

This version, from LiveXP, causes project to hang, "creating shortcuts..." for Opera:
[attachment=2706:opverlx.JPG]

Is this the 'original CD-Opera script' version you were referring to or is there another? Link? Any instruction appreciated; I've tried with original (LiveXP) named script, renaming to same as nativePE script etc. Does something need to edited within the script text itself? Can't get to a log to check what's going on :)

#12 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

MedEvil

Can you give additional direction on this, both of the scripts below don't work for me :yahoo: .
This version downloads with nativePE and closes immediately upon opening:

No sorry.

This version, from LiveXP, causes project to hang, "creating shortcuts..." for Opera:

Which project does it cause to hang, LiveXP or nativePE?

Is this the 'original CD-Opera script' version you were referring to or is there another? Link? Any instruction appreciated; I've tried with original (LiveXP) named script, renaming to same as nativePE script etc. Does something need to edited within the script text itself? Can't get to a log to check what's going on :)

It is close enough to the original. :) You can find the untampered file in the download center, if you really care.
Can't tell you if something would have to be edited for it to work in nativePE. Best ask thunn tricky questions like that! :)
As far as i know, nativePe is based on nativeEX. And CD-Opera was designed for nativeEx.

#13 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:40 AM

Sorry this is confusing, I'm only responding to your quote above about trying the 'original CD-Opera script from LiveXP' in my nativePE mix. The two versions I've listed in the previous post don't work in nativePE for reasons listed. I'm still not clear what you mean by "You can find the untampered file in the download center..." Isn't that what I'm downloading as part of the process to setup LiveXP? If so, then I've already tried that version of the script and it doesn't work for nativePE. Btw, the script that downloads for LiveXP, does work fine in LiveXP and in nativeEx :yahoo:

#14 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:24 AM

I'm still not clear what you mean by "You can find the untampered file in the download center..." Isn't that what I'm downloading as part of the process to setup LiveXP?

OK first, if you've tryed the LIveXP CD-Opera.script there is no need to hope that the one from the download center will behave differently, as there were only some default settings changed but no code.

Download center: Not to be confused with 'Downloads' in Winbuilder! You get there by clicking in the forum on Downloads. It's the default script repository.

If both versions don't work in nativePe then thunn has changed something in the last 2-3 weeks, as CD-Opera used to work fine.
Sorry, but in that case, thunn is the only one who can help you.

#15 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

OK first, if you've tryed the LIveXP CD-Opera.script there is no need to hope that the one from the download center will behave differently, as there were only some default settings changed but no code.

Download center: Not to be confused with 'Downloads' in Winbuilder! You get there by clicking in the forum on Downloads. It's the default script repository.

If both versions don't work in nativePe then thunn has changed something in the last 2-3 weeks, as CD-Opera used to work fine.
Sorry, but in that case, thunn is the only one who can help you.

Thanks for the clarification, hopefully thuun can shed some light on this :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users