#1 schorsch21

schorsch21
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:40 PM

Hi there,
I'm trying to make a LiveXP-CD with Windows XP Pro (SP2) with the "Recommended" setting.
Everything works fine (no errors during the building process) until I want to start from that CD (or image in emulator).

The booting works and I also get to see the wallpaper and the mouse cursor, but then some kind of error dialog apperas an a black screen. Unfortunately that is just for a fraction of a second so I can't read what it says.

After that Windows is starting again and the same thing happens (again and again).

What can I do to make it work. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Best regards!

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

Hi there,
I'm trying to make a LiveXP-CD with Windows XP Pro (SP2) with the "Recommended" setting.
Everything works fine (no errors during the building process) until I want to start from that CD (or image in emulator).

The booting works and I also get to see the wallpaper and the mouse cursor, but then some kind of error dialog apperas an a black screen. Unfortunately that is just for a fraction of a second so I can't read what it says.

After that Windows is starting again and the same thing happens (again and again).

What can I do to make it work. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Best regards!

Hi Schorsch21
[German]
Erst mal herzlich willkommen hier :yahoo:
[/German].
After building your project, you can click the 'Log' tab.
Then click 'Save as log.html' button in the lower left.
That creates a file 'Log.html' in your %BaseDir% (The directory where WinBuilder.exe resides.

This file post here.
Other members can have a look into it and find the reason why your PE fails

Peter

#3 schorsch21

schorsch21
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:17 PM

Hi!
Thanks for the advice! The log file is attatched.

Can you tell from the file what the problem is?

PS: also :yahoo: :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   1003.84KB   382 downloads

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:38 AM

Hi!
Thanks for the advice! The log file is attatched.

Can you tell from the file what the problem is?

PS: also :) :yahoo:

Hi Schorsch21
Welcome to the forum! Most of the log errors you're getting are due to changes in files on your XP-SP2 CD from earlier releases, you can work around this by doing some creative editing to your script files (not hard to do) Go to the folder where you ran WinBuilder from , open Projects, LiveXP, Basic, Build and look for a script called '5 - CopyAndExpand', open with Notepad to edit. Use 'Ctrl+F' (opens Find) and search for: "SHLWAPI.DL_" (w/out the quotes) to find the first line we need to edit; now do the following: Add CopyOr to the beginning of the line so that it now reads CopyOrExpand... and change the underscore "_" at the end of "SHLWAPI.DL_" to capital "L" so it reads "SHLWAPI.DLL", leave the rest of the text alone and go on to find the next one: "URLMON.DL_" and do the same thing to that line of text. SAVE your changes and close Notepad. In that same folder, open another script called 'Explorer' and search for "browseui.dl_" (w/out the quotes) and do the same thing as before except, in addition to adding CopyOr to the beginning and changing the underscore to capital L, we're going to change the whole file name to capitals i.e. "browseui.dl_" to "BROWSEUI.DLL". and we're going to do the same with "shdocvw.dl_" in this same script. Save your changes and close Notepad. There's one more, go back up to the LiveXP folder and open Apps, System; open a script called 'MMC' and search for "urlmon.dl_", same as before, add CopyOr to the beginning and change "urlmon.dl_" to "URLMON.DLL", save changes and close. That's it, now run the project as before and make sure to save the new log! post it and let us know what happens. Good luck! :)

#5 schorsch21

schorsch21
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

Hi!
Thanks a lot! That is so cool! The errors are gone.

However, the main problem remains the same - after booting the system restarts over and over again.

After a few reboots an error message of lsass.exe appears (see screenshot) very shortly before the next reboot. May that information helps?

But what is the acutal problem. Since the software usually works, I guess, is it my XP version?

Best regards!

Attached Thumbnails

• livexp_qemu_scr_1.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   1000.91KB   381 downloads

#6 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

Hi!
Thanks a lot! That is so cool! The errors are gone.

However, the main problem remains the same - after booting the system restarts over and over again.

After a few reboots an error message of lsass.exe appears (see screenshot) very shortly before the next reboot. May that information helps?

But what is the acutal problem. Since the software usually works, I guess, is it my XP version?

Best regards!

The following I already wrote several times

You are making a usual beginner's mistake: You are trying to put everything in the first project.
Do you really nead all (about 40) SATA drivers? Maybe for your PC you need one of them.

I recommend:

Start with a minimum configuration and carefully check all options of every selected script.
If you do not understand the sence of a certain option, let it unchanged with the value like it is coming from download.

If this minimum config does not run, post again.
If it runs, add scripts step by step until you have your favorite configuration.

In order to give you an success chance try this:
Add 'psc.boot-land.net/Projects' to your download servers and download the complete (all three) project. (lower/upper case important!)
In nativeEx_barebone, just define the path of your source and build the project.
It should boot into qEmu w/o BSOD.

(nativeEx is the 'idea' running in LiveXP and NativePE, nativeEx_barebone is a minimal project running with this idea)

Sometimes we have had already troubles with the XP source.
What exactly do you have?

Peter

#7 schorsch21

schorsch21
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:58 PM

Well, the problem is, where do I know what's basic an what's required?
I thought this already was a basic version. Do you really think too many drivers could be the problem?
This seems a little advanced, hm?

My Raid driver isn't even included. Is there a component where I can easily add my drivers?

BTW psc.boot-land.net/Projects is already a download server in WinBuilder.
And what does BSOD mean?

#8 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

I thought this already was a basic version. Do you really think too many drivers could be the problem?

Not too many drivers, too many scripts!
The risk, in the first setup including a mistake (wrong option in a script etc.) increases with the number of scripts.
Therefore you should start with a simple configuration, and add scripts, when this works fine.

My Raid driver isn't even included. Is there a component where I can easily add my drivers?

It should be one of the options in the SATA script.
The other options shoud be unchecked.

Then try the download. As the name says, it is a project, reduced to base scripts.

And what does BSOD mean?

Blue Screen of Death

Peter

#9 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

And what does BSOD mean?

You're experiences seem almost identical to mine on my first attempts with LiveXP (many attempts) so, I'll tell you exactly how I got a working boot disk, I gave up on LiveXP (at that time) and thanks to advice from Peter went with nativeEx; similar to LiveXP but much simpler and uses your XP SP2 CD as source instead of an I386 folder on your HDD. Try this: Setup WinBuilder 072 in a folder, by itself, at the root of your active drive ('Root' means after the first backslash i.e. "C:\WinBuilder" if "C" is your active drive) Run WB and at the download page, check only 'psc.boot-land.net/Projects' server (uncheck all others, including 'updates.boot-land.net') for download type, choose Complete and leave options as they default (for now) Proceed with download and when Wb restarts you'll be at the Scripts page where you can choose your Source directory from the Paths tab (leave other options alone for now, you can experiment later) - Insert your XP SP2 CD and choose the root of that CD drive as your Source (i.e. not a subfolder on the CD) so, H:\ (if your CD drive letter is "H") Now, unfortunately, I can't remember if you need to correct the scripts (as with LiveXP) so just run the project as is and post the log; I'll tell you what you need to do from there. BTW, any option settings or script edits etc. only need to be done once (within any given project) your starting over with a differant project so we have to do it all again. Once you get a working boot disk, then you can run the same project again making any additional changes or tweaks you need. Note: Keep the original base folder where you ran the project from, leaving contents intact for future use.

#10 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

You're experiences seem almost identical to mine ...

@amalux as a rather new member: :yahoo:

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users