#1 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:52 AM

I think that it's time for Winbuilder to use different versioning . What i mean is to make version numbers for the main program AND for the scripts to be like x.x.x and not xxx.

For example when someone has a script with version 005 and want to make some bug fix he has to change the version to 006 ( meaning that he has done changes ) or letting the same.With the new versioning he will change the 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 !

Another example: in the two last packages of winbuilder , Nuno needed to publish a new fixed package with the same version number.With the new versioning it can be 50.0.1 or 0.50.1 ( still don't which of theese it is)

But i have a problem: What version is Winbuilder?
It can be :
3.3.1 (The first number is Batcher->OpenBuilder->Winbuilder, the second means the third version after winbuilder released and the third means the fix) or 50.0.1 or 0.50.1

What do you think?

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

But i have a problem: What version is Winbuilder?
It can be :
3.3.1 (The first number is Batcher->OpenBuilder->Winbuilder, the second means the third version after winbuilder released and the third means the fix) or 50.0.1 or 0.50.1

Winbuilder is version 0.5.0 (build 050), I also agree with a versioning system and it's not to difficult to add the comma support. I just prefer to release the main application as builds instead of versions - since each has significant changes compared to the previous one released.

I think you'll like the next beta on this matter.. :P

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:02 PM

I'm preparing to expand my 'Upload-Area-Tools' to change all scripts to new version. :P

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users