#1 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:16 AM

OK, first post (please don't flame me :yahoo: ) I'll try to include pertinent info and a little background... I'm trying to build a LiveXP CD w\ WinBuilder072 on a Dell P3, 933MHz w\ 512MB RAM, running WinXP Pro SP2 on a Fat32 C: drive but I've also tried it on an NTFS (non Active part w\ same results - Does it have to be Active?). I'm currently using SP2 source files that I've patched with SP1 (retail CD's) This, along with minor script edits has eliminated all errors from previous logs (see log1 & 2 attached) but, alas has brought me full circle to the same BSOD that I've received so many times before with other attempts. "STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 ... " I don't know where to go from here as there are NO errors in the latest log! (see log3 attached) I could give a LOT more info but I'll wait for questions and ANY help or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance.

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

OK, first post (please don't flame me :yahoo: ) I'll try to include pertinent info and a little background... I'm trying to build a LiveXP CD w\ WinBuilder072 on a Dell P3, 933MHz w\ 512MB RAM, running WinXP Pro SP2 on a Fat32 C: drive but I've also tried it on an NTFS (non Active part w\ same results - Does it have to be Active?). I'm currently using SP2 source files that I've patched with SP1 (retail CD's) This, along with minor script edits has eliminated all errors from previous logs (see log1 & 2 attached) but, alas has brought me full circle to the same BSOD that I've received so many times before with other attempts. "STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 ... " I don't know where to go from here as there are NO errors in the latest log! (see log3 attached) I could give a LOT more info but I'll wait for questions and ANY help or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance.

You are making a usual beginner's mistake: You are trying to put everything in the first project.
Do you really nead all (about 40) SATA drivers? Maybe for your PC you need one of them.

I recommend:

Start with a minimum configuration and carefully check all options of every selected script.
If you do not understand the sence of a certain option, let it unchanged with the value like it is coming from download.

If this minimum config does not run, post again.
If it runs, add scripts step by step until you have your favorite configuration.

Peter

#3 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10547 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:02 AM

Hi Amalux - don't worry because nobody will flame you around here - welcome to our forums! :yahoo:

Looking on your log I notice that your source is somewhat "not usual" and some important files were not copied over to your boot disk on a very important step of the building process - this renders your project unbootable.

Expand - Failed to expand file: [C:\source\I386\SHLWAPI.DL_] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\LiveXP\i386\system32]

Good news is that this can likely be corrected easily.

Open up with explorer your projects directory --> LiveXP --> Basic --> Build

And replace all the lines that gave error inside the "Copy and Expand script"

Something like:

Expand,"%SourceDir%\I386\SHLWAPI.DL_","%TargetDir%\i386\system32"

Change to:

CopyOrExpand,"%SourceDir%\I386\SHLWAPI.DLL","%TargetDir%\i386\system32"

Repeat this same step for the other files inside this script are repeat the build process - you can check the log to see if they are expanded correctly.

We also have a new way of doing this step - you can just use the following command:

require_file,SHLWAPI.DLL

And will ensure that this dll gets copied to the system directory by itself.. :)

The above command is only available on more recent liveXP changes - you should add this webserver on the Download Center of wb: unattended.boot-land.net and get a more recent liveXP project from there. I should also update everything soon enough - just finishing up a few other things.

Glad you've posted the logs - it's surely much easier to understand this way - thank you!! :)

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 July 2007 - 12:39 AM

@Nuno!

Thank you for your suggestions, I have a log without errors (attached) but results in BSOD!

Any thoughts?

@psc!

Thanks, I know there's lots of fat to trim; I'm just leaving it as it defaults (for now) because I don't know what I need or don't need yet. It would help if I could get this thing to boot so I could start testing the different applications and tools! :yahoo:

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:25 AM

Thank you for your suggestions, I have a log without errors (attached) but results in BSOD!

Your Explorer script is not executed.
Log:

Explorer

File [%BaseDir%\Projects\LiveXP\Basic\Shells\Explorer.Script] Version [26]
Script time: 30 miliseconds

Please post Explorer.Script here.

Peter

#6 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

Your Explorer script is not executed.
Log:
Please post Explorer.Script here.
Peter

@Peter!

Thank you! Here is the script:

I edited the script on three lines in the Process section:

Changed: [Process]
To: [Process-]

Changed: Expand,"%SourceDir%\I386\browseui.dl_","%TargetDir%\i386\system32"
To: CopyOrExpand,"%SourceDir%\I386\BROWSEUI.DLL","%TargetDir%\i386\system32"

Changed: Expand,"%SourceDir%\I386\shdocvw.dl_","%TargetDir%\i386\system32"
To: CopyOrExpand,"%SourceDir%\I386\SHDOCVW.DLL","%TargetDir%\i386\system32"

These changes were made to remedy errors generated in previous logs and similar changes have been made to other scripts, fyi.

Thanks Peter :yahoo:

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

I edited the script on three lines in the Process section:
Changed: [Process]
To: [Process-]

Here we are :yahoo:
WinBuilder executes the [process] section of a script.
If there is no one, the complete script is skipped.

Change the section name back to the original one and try again.
The other changes Nuno suggested, are correct. Do not undo them!

In order to give you an success chance try this:
Add 'psc.boot-land.net/Projects' to your download servers and download the complet project. (lower/upper case important!)
In nativeEx_barebone, just define the path of your source and build the project.
It should boot into qEmu w/o BSOD.

(nativeEx is the 'idea' running in LiveXP and NativePE, nativeEx_barebone is a minimal project running with this idea)

Peter

#8 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

Here we are :yahoo:
WinBuilder executes the [process] section of a script.
If there is no one, the complete script is skipped.

Change the section name back to the original one and try again.
The other changes Nuno suggested, are correct. Do not undo them!

In order to give you an success chance try this:
Add 'psc.boot-land.net/Projects' to your download servers and download the complet project. (lower/upper case important!)
In nativeEx_barebone, just define the path of your source and build the project.
It should boot into qEmu w/o BSOD.

(nativeEx is the 'idea' running in LiveXP and NativePE, nativeEx_barebone is a minimal project running with this idea)

Peter

I realize that edit was a longshot; it was one (of many) attempts to get rid of the following error (only error) from Log2 (in my first post) which still resulted in BSOD:

Run - Failed to find section [process-] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\LiveXP\Basic\Shells\Explorer.Script]

So, undoing that edit alone won't work for LiveXP. :)

I will try the new download server you recommend and the 'nativeEx_barebone' project in lieu of LiveXP and let you know the result. I want to be clear on the setup:

1) UNcheck 'updates.boot-land.net' (Main server -> LiveXP; Tools etc.)

2) Check only 'psc.boot-land.net/Projects -> nativeEx -> nativeEx_barebone (Complete)
i.e. UNcheck 'nativeEx_Core' and 'Tools' right?

I really appreciate your guidance here and am willing to do whatever it takes to get a working CD.

Thanks again Peter

/Todd

#9 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10547 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

You can leave both updates.boot-land.net and psc.boot-land.net webserver checked.

The common tools folder inside the updates server is required by psc.boot-land.net - but try starting this from a new empty folder with only winbuilder.exe inside to ensure a clean start from scratch.

Good luck, hope this bug can be caught! :yahoo:

#10 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:32 AM

@Nuno!

"You can leave both updates.boot-land.net and psc.boot-land.net webserver checked.

The common tools folder inside the updates server is required by psc.boot-land.net - but try starting this from a new empty folder with only winbuilder.exe inside to ensure a clean start from scratch."

(see below)

@Peter!

"Add 'psc.boot-land.net/Projects' to your download servers and download the complet project. (lower/upper case important!)
It should boot into qEmu w/o BSOD."

OK, guys I tried it with both 070 and 072; 070 just crashed w/ Error IniWrite... - no log. 072 (log attached) I don't even know where to begin... :yahoo: Here's the damage:

Followed exactly your instructions for download and setup, using retail XP Pro SP2 CD.

#11 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:15 AM

2) Check only 'psc.boot-land.net/Projects -> nativeEx -> nativeEx_barebone (Complete)
i.e. UNcheck 'nativeEx_Core' and 'Tools' right?

No, that was wrong.
With 'complete' I meant all three check marks.
Sorry that I did not have been correctly enough.

Peter

#12 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:32 AM

Update: Good news! Just booted my first nativeEx CD! :yahoo:

After several more disasters trying to combine the Main server and psc downloads (which is odd because the only thing I was downloading from updates.boot-land was the Tools portion of LiveXP!) I opted to UNcheck 'updates.boot-land.net' altogether i.e. only checking 'psc.boot-land/Projects' and checked 'nativeEx' and 'Tools' complete, ran the default setup and booted in qEmu no problem and without any errors as can be seen in the log below. Interestingly, in qEmu I was able to connect to the 'net and browse through Off By One but booting from the CD gives me an error: "No Network cards detected... " so, no internet :) and no mouse as well so I've got some bugs to work out.

@Peter!

Thanks again for your help and guidance; you put me on the right track by suggesting the psc downloads and the nativeEx project. As stated above I still need to work on 'net access and mouse functionality - Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Here is some info if it helps, my net adapter is listed as an Intel 82559 Fast Ethernet LAN (System board) but for some reason it's detected as a Realtek device during boot (Realtek sounds like my old 56k dial-up card but it's not in the machine anymore, hmmm. My mouse is a cordless USB - Logitech MX-1000, usually picked up by other UI boot disks (but occasionally missed) - Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. :)

@Nuno!

Thank you as well for your suggestions, there seems to be some nasty conflicts in combining the two downloads; I don't understand why this would be so - I would like to understand better how these downloads interact and affect the project builds. Is there a source for learning more about how this works? Also, I have been plagued by apparent corruptions in the WinBuilder.exe itself (or so it appears) as this is the only file in the newly created folders for each of my attempted builds; I have come to expect about 1 in 5 projects will totally self-destruct i.e. many hundreds of errors and crashing the system before any log can be generated (usually something about 'wbverify.exe has caused an exception... " and in many cases I have documented scripts pointing to non existent file paths! i.e. WinBuilder.exe is run from "C:\lx072sp2fs" but in the log (see attached below) you will see the following errors: "AddVariables - File [D:\WinBuilder\wb3\Projects\LiveXP\Basic\Shells\Explorer.Script] was not found!" where did it come up with "D:\WinBuilder\wb3" ? - Very strange as these folder names are unfamiliar to me i.e. I never created a directory or folders with these names! This error (bug?) seems to be exclusive to 072 but I can't be sure. If you agree this is a possible bug (not some stupid mistake on my part), should I post it as a separate topic? Thanks again, here's that log:

#13 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

No, that was wrong.
With 'complete' I meant all three check marks.
Sorry that I did not have been correctly enough.

Peter

Sorry Peter, didn't see your last post till after posting mine - I'll try it with ALL THREE checked and let you know what happens; maybe that will get my old mouse workin' again, eh? :yahoo:

#14 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10547 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

d:\WinBuilder\wb3 is one of my work folders.. I use them in sequential order (wb1, wb2, wb3, ... wb9) to keep several projects working good without possible mixes.

The only place where I notice these values to be present is inside script.project on liveXP (wich is the only file uploaded recently..)

I will include some more extra lines on the clean up button to clear any such information still left.. :yahoo:

#15 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

d:\WinBuilder\wb3 is one of my work folders.. I use them in sequential order (wb1, wb2, wb3, ... wb9) to keep several projects working good without possible mixes.

The only place where I notice these values to be present is inside script.project on liveXP (wich is the only file uploaded recently..)
I will include some more extra lines on the clean up button to clear any such information still left.. :)

OK, sounds like something you'll take care of at your end (which only affects scripts downloaded) and I don't need to do anything differently at my end? i.e. doesn't affect previously downloaded winbuilder.exe that I run in the future - right? :yahoo:

Thanks Nuno

#16 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10547 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:52 PM

I'm not really sure how far it can or cannot interfer - I know that under my system it won't interfer even when using several different folders.

There will be a clean version uploaded soon.. :yahoo:

#17 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:42 PM

Sorry Peter, didn't see your last post till after posting mine - I'll try it with ALL THREE checked and let you know what happens; maybe that will get my old mouse workin' again, eh? :)

OK, tried it with all checked and same result - boots OK but no network and no mouse :)

Here is the network error I get booting from CD:

Can this be avoided by pre-configuring the PE Network options before the build? If so can you give me any tips on how to setup the profile? I don't have any problem setting the IP and DNS etc. but how do I tell it which NIC to use; I tried 'Force scanning for new devices... ' on a recent build but to no avail :yahoo:

Any thoughts on the mouse? I know it can be detected; various floppy boots pick it up (PowerQuest Drive Image etc.) and other boot CDs, so I know it's possible. I can look to see what driver(s) they're loading that work but don't know how to inject these into the nativeEx build - Again, any tips, tricks or links to information that would help me will really be appreciated :)

Thanks Peter! :)

#18 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:47 PM

I'm not really sure how far it can or cannot interfer - I know that under my system it won't interfer even when using several different folders.

There will be a clean version uploaded soon.. :)

Will there be any way to tell when this occurs? :yahoo:

Thanks Nuno!

#19 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10547 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

It will likely be blogged and probably announced here in the forums.

One thing is for sure - livexp will be moving to livexp.boot-land.net where it's easier to maintain keeping the main server exclusively for common tools and help pages.

I'm not sure myself when this will be possible - some important scripts need recoding and wb itself needs some more work.

:yahoo:

#20 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

OK, tried it with all checked and same result - boots OK but no network and no mouse :yahoo:

#1: network:
The barebone only contains the qEmu network driver. Therefore PENetwork only detects the qEmu driver (when in qEmu).
Booting from CD there is really no suitable driver.
You have to provide the driver when building the CD.
I think you are not yet ready to write your own script. I'll try to do it for you.
To get the information I need:
  • On your PC, Right click 'My Computer'
  • Click 'Properties'
  • Click the 'Hardware Tab'
  • Click the 'Device Manager' Button
  • Open 'Network Adapters'
  • Right click your Intel 82599
  • Click 'Properties'
  • Click the 'Driver' Tab
  • Click the 'Driver Details' button
  • Post the driver(s) shown
    I only need tha name, not the path
#2 USB mouse:
I have no experience with USB Mouse, but in my opinion is should help is you copy the USBSupport.Script from LiveXP\Drivers to the same folder of nativeEx_barebone (check it for run, of course)
If that does not help, start a new topic about USB mouse.

Good luck!

Peter

#21 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:45 PM

#1: network:
The barebone only contains the qEmu network driver. Therefore PENetwork only detects the qEmu driver (when in qEmu).
Booting from CD there is really no suitable driver.
You have to provide the driver when building the CD.
I think you are not yet ready to write your own script. I'll try to do it for you.
To get the information I need:

• On your PC, Right click 'My Computer'
  • Click 'Properties'
  • Click the 'Hardware Tab'
  • Click the 'Device Manager' Button
  • Open 'Network Adapters'
  • Right click your Intel 82599
  • Click 'Properties'
  • Click the 'Driver' Tab
  • Click the 'Driver Details' button
  • Post the driver(s) shown
    I only need tha name, not the path
#2 USB mouse:
I have no experience with USB Mouse, but in my opinion is should help is you copy the USBSupport.Script from LiveXP\Drivers to the same folder of nativeEx_barebone (check it for run, of course)
If that does not help, start a new topic about USB mouse.

Good luck!

Peter

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! :yahoo:

Here is the list of drivers:
e100b325.sys
e100b325.din
e100bmsg.dll
NicCo32.dll
NicIn32.dll
Prounstl.exe

and just in case I missed something, here's a screenshot:

Thank you Peter (did I say that?) - You da man! :)

#22 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

Here is the list of drivers:
e100b325.sys
e100b325.din
e100bmsg.dll
NicCo32.dll
NicIn32.dll
Prounstl.exe

and just in case I missed something, here's a screenshot:

Thank you Peter (did I say that?) - You da man! :)

Try the attached driver. Copy into <project>\Drivers, build the ISO and burn a CD.
(I hope you use rewritables. As a WB user you should do so. It can save a lot of money :yahoo: )

This driver is 'microsoft standard' for your network card.
From the list you sent me, you perhaps have a different driver supplied with the PC software.

There are two possibilities:
  • It works > be happy
  • It does not work > I need the driver supplied with your PC
BTW: When adding this driver, do not remove (uncheck) the qEmu driver!
That would cause that the network in qEmu says bye ...

Peter

Attached File  Intel_82559.script   2.59KB   205 downloads

#23 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:48 PM

There are two possibilities:
It works > be happy
It does not work > I need the driver supplied with your PC
BTW: When adding this driver, do not remove (uncheck) the qEmu driver!
That would cause that the network in qEmu says bye ...

Peter

It works! > I'm happy!! :yahoo:

Thank you so much Peter!
You really are da man! Cheers! :)

I will start that next post and hopefully someone can help with that mouse.

Thanks again my friend :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users