4 replies to this topic

#1 sokolofskid

sokolofskid

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:50 AM

Hello, I have a few questions and will probably update this everytime I remember one of them. My first question is can live xp boot off of a regular harddrive installed on my computer? 2nd...is there anyway to run a PE build off of a computer that only has 32-64mb of ram and has a P1 for a cpu? (I just want to know cause xp will run off of it but I want to install a live cd to a 1.5 or 2.5 old harddrive) My last question for now (untill I get some replies) is how do I make scripts with the new winbuilder 7? And if you want to know what i'm doing.I'm just trying to have an old pc do "something" like maybe.............run game emulators. Thank you for listening.

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4171 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:49 AM

can live xp boot off of a regular harddrive installed on my computer?

Yes! I think. How I dont know. I havent tried.

is there anyway to run a PE build off of a computer that only has 32-64mb of ram and has a P1 for a cpu?

I think it can be done. Aslong as there is no compression used on the PE files, the RAM drive is set to a small size. For example 2MB or so. Ive been able to boot off 64 MB. The thing you will run into is having enough RAM when using an Application/s. One way to find out is to test, test, and do more tests. If you succeed in your project. Please post steps on how you succeeded so others with similar needs wont have trouble having a similar setup.

#3 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7100 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:38 AM

Hello, sokolofskid, welcome to the board, even if the following appears to be a bit harsh, believe me, we are not at all unfriendly :1st:.

Hello, I have a few questions and will probably update this everytime I remember one of them.

NO, you won't.

This is a bullettin board, it is not a Support Service, noone is here to answer your questions on a personal basis.

You will do like any other member, posting your questions each in it's own topic, with a MEANINGFUL title, see Rules, with particular attention to #2 and #10 and "Common sense advice" #a :
http://www.boot-land...?act=boardrules

This way it will be easier for members willing to help to pick up the questions that they feel confident to reply to, and will make finding already asked (and hopefully answered to)questions easier for other members with the same or similar doubts.

jaclaz

#4 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:14 PM

Though Hive already answered your questions, i like to add a few things.
For LiveXp to run with the least amount of Ram you need to turn UPX off not on.
The least amount of ram to do anything useful besides running a server is 64MB.
If all you wanna do is see the desktop, you can also get away with 32MB.

:1st:

#5 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4171 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:29 AM

For LiveXp to run with the least amount of Ram you need to turn UPX off not on.
:1st:

That is what I meant to say. Thanks for the reminder. I said the opposite in my original post and have now updated to mean no compression or UPXing files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users