- scooter driving / modifying
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:03 PM

@Peter
from Win-DDK:
INSTALLFLAG_READONLY
If this flag is set, the function will not copy, rename, or delete any installation files. Use of this flag should be limited to environments in which file access is restricted or impossible, such as an "embedded" operating system.

Otherwise the routine tries to copy the files to the system dir which is not possible.

@CA: would be really good to know your network devices and to see to copy-log.
A few weeks ago I had problems to get my IntelPro100-card running (as I reported) cause the script only copied .sys, .inf, .dll, .exe.
But sometimes there are additional files needed, in my case the file was called "e100b325.din" so I completely downloaded all drivers again from the websites and changed the script to let only the extensions: .cat, .txt, .htm out, cause there are not needed (the .cat-files also cause normally there is no signature check active on a simple PE).

Greets
Holger
BTW: I updated the LiveXP-project with the version 20 of the PENetwork-script.

#27 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

INSTALLFLAG_READONLY
If this flag is set, the function will not copy, rename, or delete any installation files. Use of this flag should be limited to environments in which file access is restricted or impossible, such as an "embedded" operating system.
Otherwise the routine tries to copy the files to the system dir which is not possible.

I had similar problems wit the Unversal Video Driver, and I removed all 'CopyFile' from the *.inf.
Maybe it is worth to try :1st:

Peter

#28 Chief Aramaki

Chief Aramaki

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:55 AM

Please post the copy-log from the TEMP-folder "PENMDrvCpy.log".

penet.log

[1]Your project still contains 40 SATA drivers, really unnecessary to solve the NIC issue!

[2]In post #16 I debugged your script, so finally the driver was really copied into the target. The files are in the target now!
[3]Result: You try to get the same result by using PENetwork copy mechanism

1:Sorry i've forgotten to remove them from the build, my fault.

2:Yes but PENetwork doesn't even find my NIC's.

3:Yes because then PENetwork finds an installs the NIC's but doesn't show it in the main window.

[1]You are trying to give your personal commercial pressure to people, who work here for fun, without any commercial interest.
[2]If you have to fullfill a certain end date, you have to ask professional developers (like me :1st: ).

1: I'm not giving any pressure, I'm only asking for help. And I'm really sorry, if you see that as pressure. (thats not ironic!) And i cant have any commercial interst in it 'cause i don't even get paid 'cause it's a working experience program of my school [german]praktikum halt[/german]

2: I've asked you so wheres the problem :thumbup:

• [1]In the following I'm speaking only about network drivers

[2]First: There are several different drivers. Your PE needs the driver suited for the booted system:
  • If you test in qEmu, you (only) need the qEmu NIC driver
  • If you test in VirtualBox, you (only) need the VirtualBox NIC driver
  • If you boot on a Compaq nw8440, you (only) need the Broadcom Ethernet NIC NetXtreme driver version 10.24d
[3]Second: PENetwork is not a driver. It can install drivers and gives you the ability to define the network's properties like IP-adress, computer-name, domain-name etc.

1: YES.

2: I need it for several different Computers: the compaq nw8440, a Lenovo T60, a toshiba tecra whatever and some others. (i have all drivers that i need)

3: I know, but when PENetwork doesn't find the NIC then i can define nothing

@CA: would be really good to know your network devices and to see to copy-log.

I have the following NIC's here: Broadcoim NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet (BMC5753M) an an Intel PRO/1000 PL. The hp has the broadcom and all lenovo notebooks that we have here have the intel nic.

What's about the .din file for the intel?? Where do i have to copy it?? Or can you send me the modified script??

here's the actual log:log.rar

#29 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:- programming / scripting
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:05 AM

Hi Chief,

there seem to be some Intel-driver files missing:
NicCo.dll
NicInst.dll
NicEtCo.dll
prounstl.exe

These files are also needed (co-installerfiles).
So please a test with the complete original driver files.

Greets
Holger

#30 Chief Aramaki

Chief Aramaki

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:59 AM

Here's the PENet log:penet.log
And here the WinBuilder log:log.rar

#31 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:02 PM

Here's the PENet log:penet.log
And here the WinBuilder log:log.rar

Try the same with autoUPX disabled.

Peter

#32 Chief Aramaki

Chief Aramaki

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

It is RUNNING!!! As Holger told me that there are files missing, i downloaded the Driver again and added them to the build. The PENet detected and installed the Intel NIC but not the broadcom of the HP. So i took a look at my driver and what did i see?? It's a driver for a broadcom wlan and not for an ethernet adapter. So my Problem is solved and the cd is completely done. Thank you guys. :thumbup: :1st: You cool!!

#33 Holger

Holger

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 534 posts
  • Interests:- programming / scripting
    - writing poems
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

Ah, good to know :1st:
Yeah, thats life.
However, now you know where to look at first if you have a problem again with a network device :thumbup:
Greets
Holger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users