• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Pavel

Pavel

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:18 PM

Hi all,

i am new to WinBuilder, but know and use BartPE and ReatogoXPE. They both work good with non-english source files.

I try to build projects using WinBuilder 0.49 with Czech source files (WinXP SP2 czech). The pico projects work like a charm, it can boot and work (cmd as shell). But when i use the standard project, there are 71 errors, iso is made, it try to boot and in the early stage booting ends with error like "the file c_1250.nls in [SourceDiskFiles] section inside INF file is corrupted or missing" (the error is displayed in czech lang.).

When i open iso using UltraISO, there IS a file c_1250.nls (65 kB) and it is inside txtsetup.sif file too.

Am i doing anything wrong? Can anybody help me, please?

Regards,
Pavel (i am that man with "2 ramdrive under Reatogo" idea)

#2 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:25 PM

First of all wellcome to boot-land.

I use greek source which is supposed to be harder to make a pe than czech and i don't have any problem at all. Can you attach a log of winbuilder to see what's wrong?

#3 Pavel

Pavel

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for invite me :-)

At first i have to say i use my WInXP SP2 Czech source files stored on hdd but only the files (normally stored on) root and folder i386 and no more files/folders. But this work with BartPE/Reatogo without any problems.

OK, i attach my log file (renamed to) Pavel_log.txt

Pavel

Attached Files

#4 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

But when i use the standard project, there are 71 errors

Are they errors or the are just ignored?

#5 Pavel

Pavel

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:52 PM

I am sorry, it is under "ignored" section, i can NOT see any errors section.

Just an idea (i do not know how sripts really works). I have found line like
RegWrite - Successfully wrote REG key in root key: [HKLM]  Type: [0x1]  Section: [OB_System\ControlSet001\Control\NLS\Codepage]  Key: [437=c_437.nls..]
inside my log file.

Czech local is 1250 (Windows code page) and i found line
RegWrite - Successfully wrote REG key in root key: [HKLM]  Type: [0x1]  Section: [OB_System\ControlSet001\Control\NLS\Codepage]  Key: [ACP=1250..]
Is not this problem?

Pavel

#6 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:59 PM

Try to disable the autolocalization script

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:00 PM

Hi pavel, welcome!! :P

There is a beta 4 version for winbuilder 050, wich besides a few improvements will also output logs in HTML format, wich makes it easier to spot where things are going wrong.

Here's the link to the betas:
http://www.boot-land...p?showtopic=189

Paraglider also found that the version of 7zip distributed in 049 will make the explorer shell fail on windows 2003 sources since the WinSxS files are not expanded - would this mean that a problem in your sources might be related?

Here's a public folder where a new 7z.exe is placed - it solves this issue, you can also find inside most updates done on scripts, perhaps it wiser to download the whole folder to get all the latest files.. :P

http://upload.boot-l...net/Winbuilder/

7zip direct link:
http://upload.boot-l...er/Tools/7z.exe

It's really good to see you around here, I'm looking forward to test your ideas.. :P

#8 Pavel

Pavel

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:21 PM

@smiley

Yes, when i disable the autolocalization script, it works. Boot without errors, "build" has czech local GUI, i can write czech letter with notepad. Thanks!

@nuno_brito

Nice to see you, i have to thank you for your work (i remember "old good batcher" - only tested once by me).
Version 049 work good for me now (disbling autolocalization). It is 0:20 (deep night), i have to go to sleep.

Maybe i can let you some idea(s) later, if i will have some :-)

Q: The standard project fail with 64 MB RAM (4 MB ramdrive), it works with 80 MB. I am supprissed, i assume it is "lite" version of Win compared to Reatogo. Is this by UPXing files? Is it possible to run it on PC with 64 MB RAM when not upx executables? No time to test it, it is time to sleep :-)

Pavel

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:25 AM

@Pavel!
Let me introduce myself as the author of the autoLocalize script which appearently does not work correctly in your case.

I had a look into the log you posted. Here everything seems to be ok.

The nls file should have been copied (at least the log says that):

Copy / expand necessary files
Expand - Sucessfully CAB expand file: [D:\Obrazy\Obrazy CD\WinXP SP2 Source\I386\c_10029.nl_] Dir:[D:\Web\Dnes\WinBuilder\WinBuilder\Target\i386\system32]
Expand - Sucessfully CAB expand file: [D:\Obrazy\Obrazy CD\WinXP SP2 Source\I386\c_1250.nl_] Dir:[D:\Web\Dnes\WinBuilder\WinBuilder\Target\i386\system32]
Expand - Sucessfully CAB expand file: [D:\Obrazy\Obrazy CD\WinXP SP2 Source\I386\c_437.nl_] Dir:[D:\Web\Dnes\WinBuilder\WinBuilder\Target\i386\system32]
Expand - Sucessfully CAB expand file: [D:\Obrazy\Obrazy CD\WinXP SP2 Source\I386\c_852.nl_] Dir:[D:\Web\Dnes\WinBuilder\WinBuilder\Target\i386\system32]
Expand - Sucessfully CAB expand file: [D:\Obrazy\Obrazy CD\WinXP SP2 Source\I386\l_intl.nl_] Dir:[D:\Web\Dnes\WinBuilder\WinBuilder\Target\i386\system32]
FileCopy - Sucessfully copied [D:\Obrazy\Obrazy CD\WinXP SP2 Source\I386\KBDCZ.DLL] to: [D:\Web\Dnes\WinBuilder\WinBuilder\Target\i386\system32]

WinBuilder version 049 delivers autoLocalization.Script version 009. You should do an update to the actual version 012.

Please use Winbuilder version 050 like Nuno Brito suggested and post the log.

BTW: that you have your Czech letters depends on autoKeyboard script ( which should be inactivated if autoLocalize works correctly). I'm shure that you do not have Czech folder names, and I'm rather sure that the shortcuts do not work (try: Start >> Programs >>)

To exclude that c_1250.nls on your install CD is corrupt, copy that onto from your local PC into the target, build a new ISO and try again.

Peter

#10 Pavel

Pavel

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:03 AM

Hi psc,

Please use Winbuilder version 050 like Nuno Brito suggested and post the log.

Okay, i will do it. I am still in my work, when i come home i will try it.

I'm shure that you do not have Czech folder names, and I'm rather sure that the shortcuts do not work (try: Start >> Programs >>)

I have some shortcuts on desktop (work good), not sure about Start-Programs-XXX, i will look at it at home later.

To exclude that c_1250.nls on your install CD iss corrupt, ...

Hm, but i use this source to build BartPE/ReatogoXPE and everything works good. I used this CD to install many of instalation under VMware, all without problems.

Pavel

#11 Pavel

Pavel

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:03 PM

Me again,

some results here. The problem with c_1250.nls is not solved yet. I update WinBuilder to 050 beta 4 version (but only 2 files: winbuilder.exe and winbuilder.ini - is it right?). I think i don't understand the update proccess. Have I manually donwload all files step-by-step stored on http://upload.boot-land.net/Winbuilder? I have no idea how to update all files at the one step.

I include my log files created by 050 beta 4 version. The problem is not resolved even if i replace c_1250.nls copied from my \Windows folder inside to iso directly by UltraIso. Strange...

I also manually update autolocalisation script to version 12, but problems stay (not resolved)...

Pavel

#12 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:09 PM

Yes, only those two files needed to be downloaded to have new beta version. It's just missing to update 7z.exe since this will allow to extract files from .cab files. The previous 7zip that is present on 049 will not extract cab files, thus giving problems when using windows 2003 as source.

A good thing on beta 4 is that you can press the update button on the project to look for updates on all scripts that are found on this project - it's faster than manually searching for updates.

The log will allow others to quickly view the errors with more details than the previous version..

Have you tried placing c_1250.nls inside other folders like system32 and system32/drivers ?
I'm not sure if the results will vary, but might be worth to try..

:P

#13 Pavel

Pavel

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:25 PM

Hi Nuno Brito,

OT: it seemsboot-land.net was/is freez. I usually use Opera 9 as browser and i can NOT update any page on boot-lan.net, i have to use IE. Others sites works good...

I forgot write this info on previous post: I updated 7z.exe from link posted here, it doesn't solve problem. After boot: I can see my Star-Programs is empty, but i have folder "Programy" (means the same in czech as "Programs" in english" in my profile (on B: drive), it is not empty. The icons of txt files are "uknown".

I attach the log file to help anybody find the problem wit c_1250.nls (i copy this file from my working WinXP C:\WINDOWS\system32).

Pavel

P.S.: I also update autolocalisation script to version 12, but problem remains.

Attached Files

#14 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:07 PM

I'm glad to see that the explorer shell is now working, it seems the problems you're having are related to the older versions of some scripts that you're using wich were reported to have issues.

As an example, the start menu issue also occured on my portuguese build. PSC has now solved this in his latest updates.

050 should be released soon to avoid further confusions with these scripts from 049.. :P

#15 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:42 AM

Hi Pavel, welcome to the board. Glad you decided to join. Enjoy youre stay. I dont have any suggestion except to update to the latest beta of Winbuilder and update to the latest Scripts. Alot of problems have been fixed since version 49.

#16 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:35 AM

@Pavel,
can you post the section [nls] of txtsetup.sif?

1st from your original setup CD
2nd from the target built by WinBuilder (with autoLocalize.Script)

Peter

#17 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:27 AM

@ Nuno : I've found something missing from your log. If i see one's log( here it is Pavel's) I don't know the version of the script that is executed. Can you add this?

The icons of txt files are "uknown".

From yoour log i see that you don't use the latest version of notepad script.This problem existed in older versions. If it can't update can you update it manualy?

#18 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:47 AM

@ Nuno : I've found something missing from your log. If i see one's log( here it is Pavel's) I don't know the version of the script that is executed. Can you add this?

Yes, this is a good idea!
:P

#19 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:25 PM

@Pavel

In your log I do not find a lot of lines like

#1269 [Sucess] RegWrite - Successfully wrote REG key in root key: [HKLM] Type: [0x2] Section: [WB_Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] Key: [Common AppData=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Anwendungsdaten..]

That shows you not having the latest autoLocalize.Script (Or it is not actualized correctly)

Here how the script works: The processLocalize.Script (which does the real localization) is generated once by autoLocalize.Script. On every following project run it is only read.

processLocalize.Script is rebuild when
- either the install CD has changed (source OS changed)
- or you uploaded a newer version of autoLocalize.Script

Maybe there is still a bug in this mechanism.

To be sure:

1st Download the latest version manually from here.
2nd In %BaseDir%\Archive\autoTweaks delete all subfolders.
3rd Empty the target directory by using MakeDirs.Script (Maybe you already have a version doing this automatically, then make sure the box is checked)
4th Run the project (be sure to have also the latest Winbuilder.exe and notebook.script)

Peter

#20 Pavel

Pavel

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

Thank you for support, guys.

WinBuilder 049, updated to 050 (WinBuilder.exe and ini), updated 7z.exe, autolocalization 012, notepad 005). With autoloc. script enabled, the same problem with c_1250.nls as i described.

Start Menu: it is wrong; i found that the profiles is semi-localised and not. The "B:\ProfilesDir\All user\Nabídka Start" is good (czech lang) but "B:\ProfilesDir\Default user\StartMenu" is wrong (english). So my Start-Programs menu is still empty. Icons of txt files are good now.

txtsetup.sif [nls] on my installed WinXP SP2 Czech
AnsiCodepage	 = c_1250.nls,1250

OemCodepage	  = c_852.nls,852,c_437.nls,437

MacCodepage	  = c_10029.nls,10029

UnicodeCasetable = l_intl.nls,0405

OemHalFont	   = vga852.fon

DefaultLayout	= 00000405

txtsetup.sif [nls] on my inst. CD WinXP SP2 Czech
AnsiCodepage	 = c_1250.nls,1250

OemCodepage	  = c_852.nls,852,c_437.nls,437

MacCodepage	  = c_10029.nls,10029

UnicodeCasetable = l_intl.nls,0405

OemHalFont	   = vga852.fon

DefaultLayout	= 00000405

txtsetup.sif [nls] on iso created by WinBuilder with autolocalisation v 012
AnsiCodepage=c_1250.nls,1250

OemCodepage=c_852.nls,852

MacCodepage=c_10029.nls,10029

UnicodeCasetable=l_intl.nls,0405

OemHalFont=vgaoem.fon

DefaultLayout=00000405

Pavel

#21 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

Start Menu: it is wrong; i found that the profiles is semi-localised and not. The "B:\ProfilesDir\All user\Nabídka Start" is good (czech lang) but "B:\ProfilesDir\Default user\StartMenu" is wrong (english). So my Start-Programs menu is still empty.

Can you check this registry entry if it is right in your build?HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Can you also scheck if the shortcuts are created within one of these folders?

A problem can ocur by the "Nabídka Start" . The shortcuts script may not work with this name.I say that because it also don't work with greek names. Try this: In my notepad script write a czech word in the custom shortcut name and see if the shortcut can be created

#22 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:26 PM

@Pavel

The missing 437.nls is not important (gives the ability to switch to US keyboard)
But can you change the OemHalFont manually, create a new ISO and try again.
(Maybe you first try the suggestion about 'latest autoLocalize.Script' from 02:25 ?)

Thanks

Peter

Edited: Added:

Can you please post %BaseDir%\Archive\autotweaks\autoLocalization\processLocalization.Script

Peter

Edited by psc, 02 September 2006 - 01:38 PM.

#23 Pavel

Pavel

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:36 PM

@Smiley,

Can you check this registry entry if it is right in your build?HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

All entries are in english, like StarMenu\Programs or StarMenu\Programs\StartUp

@psc

I have done you write me on 2.25, only folder i empty "manually" and not by script. File is attached.

Pavel

Attached Files

#24 Pavel

Pavel

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:42 PM

Smiley,

ry this: In my notepad script write a czech word in the custom shortcut name and see if the shortcut can be created

I can not find the right line inside notepad.script to change notepad shortcut name to other...

Pavel

#25 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 02 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

Smiley,
I can not find the right line inside notepad.script to change notepad shortcut name to other...

Pavel

I don't mean in the code but in the interface of the script

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users