• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4159 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

Can we get some version numbers to ImDisk betas also.
That way its easier to keep up to date and organinzed with the ones I have already.
Thanks!

#2 Olof Lagerkvist

Olof Lagerkvist

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1398 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

Can we get some version numbers to ImDisk betas also.
That way its easier to keep up to date and organinzed with the ones I have already.
Thanks!

I change version numbers when for example the interface between user mode components and driver components change or similar major change. Before I release a version with such changes I usually release a beta for a couple of days/weeks first and when that beta is finally turned into a production release I don't change the version number again because the components of the betas/release are actually compatible with eachother in that case, the differences are just a couple of small fixes and updates.

What I do change however is the build number in the .rc files. That number is saved in the binaries, if you right-click for example on imdisk.exe and look at the Version tab you see a file version where the last number is different.

I hope this is sufficient but I can of course change it if many people really want different version numbers in that case.

#3 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4159 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:01 AM

It would be good to have different version numbers because its easier to keep up to date to what chages you made. Small changes small number change. I looked in the version number thing under properties of imdisk but the version numbers are the same even in betas. So its hard to try to keep up to date the imdisk I download and have in a folder. I try to put them in beta1a and similar so i can update without having to delete the old file I have previously downloaded.
So at the moment I have the files ive downloaded in this order
imdiskinst_beta1.0.3.exe
imdiskinst_beta1.0.3a.exe
imdiskinst_beta1.0.3b.exe
imdiskinst 1.0.2.exe
imdiskinst_beta1.0.3 Stable.exe

#4 Olof Lagerkvist

Olof Lagerkvist

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1398 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:39 AM

It would be good to have different version numbers because its easier to keep up to date to what chages you made. Small changes small number change. I looked in the version number thing under properties of imdisk but the version numbers are the same even in betas. So its hard to try to keep up to date the imdisk I download and have in a folder. I try to put them in beta1a and similar so i can update without having to delete the old file I have previously downloaded.
So at the moment I have the files ive downloaded in this order
imdiskinst_beta1.0.3.exe
imdiskinst_beta1.0.3a.exe
imdiskinst_beta1.0.3b.exe
imdiskinst 1.0.2.exe
imdiskinst_beta1.0.3 Stable.exe

Okay, I never keep betas with the same version myself so I don't know if that is correct or not, but I can update the build number even between smaller changes of betas in the future. Should be no problem. :confused1:

#5 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4159 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users