#1 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:19 AM

if i am using shortcut txt like this one and want to point to an ico file in the same folder how would i append my script?

Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Programs\XPSETUPLAUNCHER\XPSETUPLAUNCHER.EXE","XPSETUPLAUNCHER"
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"SM","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Programs\XPSETUPLAUNCHER\XPSETUPLAUNCHER.EXE","XPSETUPLAUNCHER"

this is just an exmple. what i am trying to append is a launcher.exe with a launcher.ico

thanks
carfan

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:36 AM

if i am using shortcut txt like this one and want to point to an ico file in the same folder how would i append my script?

Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Programs\XPSETUPLAUNCHER\XPSETUPLAUNCHER.EXE","XPSETUPLAUNCHER"
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"SM","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Programs\XPSETUPLAUNCHER\XPSETUPLAUNCHER.EXE","XPSETUPLAUNCHER"

this is just an exmple. what i am trying to append is a launcher.exe with a launcher.ico

thanks
carfan

Click 'Help' in the buildModel script.
There is a sample.

Peter

#3 hooovahh

hooovahh

• Advanced user
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

I know this isn't what you want, but you could use Resource Hacker to replace the .exe's icon to have a different one. When I first read the topic that's what I figured you were trying to do.

#4 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:10 AM

Click 'Help' in the buildModel script.
There is a sample.

Peter

ok, i tried using the example went from
this
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Program Files\PARAGON DRIVE BACKUP 8.5 ENTERPRISE\PROGRAM\LAUNCHER.EXE","Paragon Drive Backup 8.5
to this
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Program Files\PARAGON DRIVE BACKUP 8.5 ENTERPRISE\PROGRAM\LAUNCHER.EXE","Paragon Drive Backup 8.5","","-SS:SW+SHOWMAXIMIZED#$s#$q-SF:#$pSystemDrive#$p\Program Files\PARAGON DRIVE BACKUP 8.5 ENTERPRISE\PROGRAM\LAUNCHER.ICO"
still no joy. i still get the launcher.exe icon. what did i do wrong? the launcher.ico is in the same directory as the exe.

thanks carfan

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:30 AM

ok, i tried using the example went from
this
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Program Files\PARAGON DRIVE BACKUP 8.5 ENTERPRISE\PROGRAM\LAUNCHER.EXE","Paragon Drive Backup 8.5
to this
Run,%BuildModelScript%,Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pSystemDrive#$p\Program Files\PARAGON DRIVE BACKUP 8.5 ENTERPRISE\PROGRAM\LAUNCHER.EXE","Paragon Drive Backup 8.5","","-SS:SW+SHOWMAXIMIZED#$s#$q-SF:#$pSystemDrive#$p\Program Files\PARAGON DRIVE BACKUP 8.5 ENTERPRISE\PROGRAM\LAUNCHER.ICO#$q"
still no joy. i still get the launcher.exe icon. what did i do wrong? the launcher.ico is in the same directory as the exe.

thanks carfan

See above, at least use my correction.

Peter

#6 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:58 AM

See above, at least use my correction.

Peter

what does the #$q do? what is its command or what?

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

what does the #$q do? what is its command or what?

See in the source editor 'magic wand' > special characters.

In your code the quote is opened, but not closed.

Peter

#8 MichaelZ

MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:34 AM

See in the source editor 'magic wand' > special characters.

Thanks for pointing out where the documentation can be found. So far I only found the wiki and that is not much help yet.
Is anywhere written down how the script line is parsed and evaluated? When do I need to use the escape characters #$s etc.?

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:04 AM

Is anywhere written down how the script line is parsed and evaluated? When do I need to use the escape characters #$s etc.?

I also do not know more written documentation.

The escaped character is not recognized by WinBuilder as something affecting the script line logic.

Sample:
In a script commmand a comma is an argument separator.
If one of the arguments contains a comma, this argument would be cut into two pieces (would be wrong).
But if inside the argument you have a #$c instead of the comma, the arguments remains one piece.

Peter

#10 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:17 AM

I found a bug in buildModel which sometimes causes an icon not to be written

Many thanks @carfan :confused1:

The bug is now fixed with buildModel script version 032 and explorer script version 028.

You can download from the nativeEx server.

The new files are not yet contained in LiveXP.
You can extract shortcutParse.exe from buildModel and shortcutWinExp.exe from explorer and encode them into the corresponding LiveXP scripts.

@carfan:
This code works (For the test I replaced 'OffByOne' by 'Off By One' to have spaces in the name like you have):

Add-Shortcut,"DE","#$pProgramFiles#$p\Off By One\OB1.exe","OffByOne","-SW:#$pProgramFiles#$p\Off By One -SF:#$pProgramFiles#$p\Off By One\e.ico"

Peter

#11 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

psc

thanks for your help. i admit script writing is not my thing. i have conquered reatogo and ubcd4win. these projects here intrigued me because of there small size. i specialize in disaster recovery of hard drives so my builds will included what i need for that. portability is the key. much of my work for others is pro bono. i know some of my questions seem dumd and they are. i thank you and the others for your patience and advise you have provided me. i am very competative and am not willing to leave this project until i have learned to master it also. i started with nativeex but was having trouble when my build would grow (around 280 meg) would blow up during the build around the time of zcopy. i no longer have logs. i moved to liveex and have sucessfully completed my build with the exception of the short cut issue for paragon drive backup launcer. are the buildmodel 032 and explorer 028 directly replaceable in livexp? i am going to try to start fresh with nativeex and see what happens. i hope i can work through build problems. i have always had a strong thirst for knowledge.

thanks again
carfan

#12 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

i started with nativeex but was having trouble when my build would grow (around 280 meg) would blow up during the build around the time of zcopy. i no longer have logs.

NativeEx has around 50 mb!
Maybe you do not clean the target?
As you already are thinking about, try again with a fresh download of nativeEx into an empty folder.

If your build is really as big because of many applications added by you, try during test time the 'Standard' ISO with RAM disk and Virtual box.
That is faster.

are the buildmodel 032 and explorer 028 directly replaceable in livexp?

It depends on how old your LiveXP project is. (I tried. On my system it was possible w/o problems).
If you get errors with unknown variables, open nativeEx's script.project and merge the [variables] section into LiveXP's script.project.

Good luck!

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users