Did an update to Win 10 to version 1903 and File explorer reverted to showing groups
"today, yesterday, last week" groups
Ultimate x8616 posts
Anyone who landed here for a cure on "How to remove Today, Yesterday, Last Week" groups in Windows Explorer..
1. Go to the View Menu (Marked in Red) in File Explorer and Pull down the Group by Menu (Marked in Blue)..
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1139x172.
2. Pull down the Group by Sub-Menu and click on None :
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1425x599.
3. AAAaaaannnddd.. Viola : No More Today, Yesterday, Last Week Groups!!
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1568x634.
Click or tap on the File Explorer icon from the taskbar. You can also open the File Explorer from Start menu.
* Navigate to the Downloads folder and go inside it.
* Go to the View tab on Ribbon bar, and click on Details > Group by, and select the (None) option from menu.
Now the Save As dialogue window still keeps displaying the items grouped by date. Simply right click any empty area within the dialog box, and select Group by (None).
Once you have applied the changes, all files are not sorted and become as before. But the files and folders will be categorized by dates in collapsible groups minutes later. To get rid of that permanently, you need to switch to Group (none) and continue to configure that below:
* Return to the View tab in Explorer ribbon again, and click on Options to bring up the Folder Options interface.
* Under the View tab, click on “Apply to Folders”button > Yes, and then click Apply > OK.