Photo
- - - - -

Windows 10 pro for contract worker

Best Answer Wonko the Sane , 18 March 2019 - 09:59 AM

As long as they "spy" on your work it may be fine.

The issue may be that IF there is any spying it is hard to separate the work from the personal activities.

The rule of the thumb (or common sense solution) is - strangely enough  - to keep them separate, by using a separate computer.

In any case - set aside the spying or the not spying - I find "queer" the requirement for Pro (vs. Home), it is not that there are that many differences, maybe they are preoccupied by automatic updates? :dubbio:

:duff:

Wonko

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gamora77

gamora77
  • Banned
  • 5 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:21 AM

Posting with throwaway for protection.

I own my own windows 10 home edition. But I am being contracted by a company that is requiring that I upgrade to windows 10 pro. They also want me to use a new company email address they have set up for me to use during the contracted work. They want me to send them the product key of the windows 10 pro license and use the company email to purchase the upgrade...

Are they trying to spy on my work? What level of access can they get with the product key and email? Is this something I can disable on my end? I feel uncomfortable saying no to the upgrade, but I am equally uncomfortable with them having any sort of access.

Does anyone here have insight?

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 15075 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:59 AM   Best Answer

As long as they "spy" on your work it may be fine.

The issue may be that IF there is any spying it is hard to separate the work from the personal activities.

The rule of the thumb (or common sense solution) is - strangely enough  - to keep them separate, by using a separate computer.

In any case - set aside the spying or the not spying - I find "queer" the requirement for Pro (vs. Home), it is not that there are that many differences, maybe they are preoccupied by automatic updates? :dubbio:

:duff:

Wonko

#3 Rootman

Rootman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 304 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:56 AM

Pro offers some things that Home does not, I personally would not use Home for anything.  There is nothing inherent in Pro that allows spying.

Chances are they will want you to surrender the Pro version after you complete your work, although HOW this would be accomplished is a good question. Get a good backup program, I use Macrium Reflect, there's a free version although I think the paid version is well worth it. Get the backup program, install it, create a recovery media on a USB stick and test to make sure it works.  Then take a complete backup of your home OS as it stands and store it.  Install the the Pro version and do your work.  If at the end of your work they want you to STOP using the Pro, or you feel that the OS has been compromised too much by their software, then restore your OS back to your HOME version using the rescue media and backed up HOME OS.

Just remember, ANYTHING that you added to the PRO version will NOT be on the HOME, so keep track of stuff you install or upgrade during the interim, you'll have to do it again once the HOME is restored. 

#4 gamora77

gamora77
  • Banned
  • 5 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

Posting with throwaway for protection.

I own my own windows 10 home edition. But I am being contracted by a company that is requiring that I upgrade to windows 10 pro. They also want me to use a new company email address they have set up for me to use during the contracted work. They want me to send them the product key of the windows 10 pro license and use the company email to purchase the upgrade...

Are they trying to spy on my work? What level of access can they get with the product key and email? Is this something I can disable on my end? I feel uncomfortable saying no to the upgrade, but I am equally uncomfortable with them having any sort of access.

Does anyone here have insight?Xvideos Xnxx Chaturbate

thankyou so much!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users