#1 rradjab

rradjab
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Azerbaijan

Posted 4 days ago

DualPart.png

A portable GUI program for creating a bootable USB device with two partitions.
This utility can work with the command line and this simplifies and speeds up the creation of a bootable USB.
After splitting into two parts, the program can automatically install the bootloader (2 for now) Grub4DOS and Windows NT 6x.
If there are files with the names part1. * and part2. * the program will automatically unpack the data into the appropriate partition.
Supported file formats for unpacking [.iso, .rar, .zip, .7z]
Default bootloader is Windows NT 6x.
The default active partition is first.
Partition label must be in quotes in command line.

/ dr: Disk Number or Tom Letter
/ 1s: size of the first partition.
/ 1f: Format of the first partition.
/ 1l: Label of the first section.
/ 2s: size of the second section.
/ 2f: Format of the second section.
/ 2l: The label of the second section.
/ a: Active partition
/ bl: loader.
/ bf: bootloader file (Grub4DOS).
/ o: Path to the text file with the letters of the created sections. (output)
/ s: Quiet mode (no error and completion window will be displayed).

Formatting is automatically specified depending on the size of the created partition:

1. up to 32mb - FAT
2. up to 4GB - FAT32
3. from 4GB to NTFS

Disk number example:

dualpart.exe / dr: 1 / 1s: 16 / 1f: FAT / 1l: "aa bb cc" / 2f: NTFS / 2l: "dd ee ff" / bl: Grub4dos / bf: g2ldr / a: 1 / o: output.txt / s

Example with the letter of the section:

dualpart.exe / dr: F / 2s: 16 / 1f: NTFS / 1l: "aa bb cc" / 2f: NTFS / 2l: "dd ee ff" / bl: Grub4dos / bf: g2ldr / a: 1 / o: output.txt / s

Minimum command:

dualpart.exe / dr: 1 / 1s: 16

Edited by rradjab, 4 days ago.

• alacran likes this

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14568 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 4 days ago

Nice :) , though IMHO the "granularity" of "s" (size) expressed (seemingly) in MB is not IMHO "accurate" enough.

It would be nice IF it could be possible to have:

bytes (without suffix)

sectors (with suffix S)

Kbytes (with suffix K)

Mbytes (with suffix M)

Gbytes (with suffix G)

Also, there is missing a parameter for the offset (to the first partition), I have to presume that it will use the default since vista 1 MB or 2048 sectors, but since the users base is seemingly that of "advanced" users, it would be nice to be able to specify that (optionally).

Finally (and this is optional-optional) I would see as a plus if the tool could optimize the "hidden sectors" to align FAT/FAT32 volumes.

Quickly tested on XP (and yes I know, and SP2 while we are at it), without actually formatting anything.

BUGS:

1) if NO USB sticks are connected AND there is one of those "combo readers" (CF card/SD card, etc.) the devices are seen as 0 bytes in size (right) BUT clicking on any of them closes the tool

2) If NO USB sticks are connected AND there is one of those "combo readers" (CF card/SD card, etc.) AND the professional mode is selected the devices belonging to the combo reader are seen with the size of the hard disk(s)

Observations:

1) the "dark gray" of the "size" in the UI is a bit too dark and makes it difficult to read the field

2) the "dark blue" of the "Formatr" is waay too dark and when you select another field you cannot read anymore in it

:duff:

Wonko

#3 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 6865 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars, www.easy2boot.com
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 4 days ago

None of my USB disks are displayed unless I click Show All Disks (Win10 x64 - 17763)

If I click Show All Disks - I get a pop-up that says Access Violation and says I may get data corruption.

Does this work on Removable USB drives on Win 7/8 systems (i.e. create 2nd partition)?

#4 rradjab

rradjab
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Azerbaijan

Posted 3 days ago

Nice :) , though IMHO the "granularity" of "s" (size) expressed (seemingly) in MB is not IMHO "accurate" enough.

It would be nice IF it could be possible to have:

bytes (without suffix)

sectors (with suffix S)

Kbytes (with suffix K)

Mbytes (with suffix M)

Gbytes (with suffix G)

Also, there is missing a parameter for the offset (to the first partition), I have to presume that it will use the default since vista 1 MB or 2048 sectors, but since the users base is seemingly that of "advanced" users, it would be nice to be able to specify that (optionally).

Finally (and this is optional-optional) I would see as a plus if the tool could optimize the "hidden sectors" to align FAT/FAT32 volumes.

Quickly tested on XP (and yes I know, and SP2 while we are at it), without actually formatting anything.

BUGS:

1) if NO USB sticks are connected AND there is one of those "combo readers" (CF card/SD card, etc.) the devices are seen as 0 bytes in size (right) BUT clicking on any of them closes the tool

2) If NO USB sticks are connected AND there is one of those "combo readers" (CF card/SD card, etc.) AND the professional mode is selected the devices belonging to the combo reader are seen with the size of the hard disk(s)

Observations:

1) the "dark gray" of the "size" in the UI is a bit too dark and makes it difficult to read the field

2) the "dark blue" of the "Formatr" is waay too dark and when you select another field you cannot read anymore in it

:duff:

Wonko

thank you for detected bugs and offering.

i will fix them and update application soon.

the offset is 2048 sectors.

I will work on your suggestions :)

None of my USB disks are displayed unless I click Show All Disks (Win10 x64 - 17763)

If I click Show All Disks - I get a pop-up that says Access Violation and says I may get data corruption.

Does this work on Removable USB drives on Win 7/8 systems (i.e. create 2nd partition)?

hm, i will test it. program have to run with admin privileges and it works on XP/7/8/10

Edited by rradjab, 3 days ago.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multiboot, dualpart, usb format, two partition, ra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users