With the following menu.lst:
- find --set-root --ignore-floppies /Win2019Core.vhd
- map --top --mem /Win2019Core.vhd (hd0)
- map --hook
- root (hd0,0)
- chainloader (hd0,0)/bootmgr
When used from an USB key containing a 10GB .VHD:
- loading in RAM is fast
- booting from RAM is fast
- 2 or 3 seconds to reach the "cmd shell"
BUT, when used (via PXE->iPXE-) from an iSCSI target containing the same 10GB .VHD:
- loading in RAM is slow (OK that's normal because of network access)
- booting from RAM is also slow: NOT OK: More than one minute to reach the "cmd shell"
- WHY: How to explain this behaviour and how to speed up in this case the boot from RAM
- .pml files for Procmon: https://www.mycloud....FC1FE1FEDFF2F64
Thanks for helping!