13 replies to this topic

#1 JakeLD

JakeLD

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

Did anyone was able to make VistaPE work with network ?

I tried PENetCFG 2.30 and I changed line 36 which now is:

FileCopy,"%ScriptDir%\%OutDir%\tcpipreg.sys","%TargetDir%\Windows\System32\drivers"

because the script was copying tcpipreg.sys from your windows source directory and I currently use Windows XP SP2 so it was not working. I took the file from a Vista installation. It will be a good idea to encrypt the file in the script instead.

So I did that change but still when I start PENetCFG from start menu I get the the following error message after couple of minutes: "Unable to start network support"

I tried Holger solution but it's not working because it does not support Vista yet.

I noticed that my network driver was not installed properly ( I verified into the device manager MMC).
I added the Vista Driver Integrator into my projet along with the driverspacks I found on this site. I verified and my driver is part of the pack, I have a nvidia 680i chipset and the needed files are in the drivers folder. I recompiled the projet and started the ISO in virtual box, still my network driver was not installed properly and I can't find either the sys or dll files.

I want a create a Live CD to restore ghost and imagex image, without network support I'm stuck.

For those who made the network possible, how did you did it ???

Anyone have ideas/suggestions to resolve this ?

Thank you.

#2 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:20 AM

It will be a good idea to encrypt the file in the script instead.

we will be have big problem with MS license

So I did that change but still when I start PENetCFG from start menu I get the the following error message after couple of minutes: "Unable to start network support"

you are very fast, you will be have network only AFTER wpeinit.exe will be finished, see it in task manager...

I noticed that my network driver was not installed properly ( I verified into the device manager MMC).

what network device do you have? do you have driver for Windows Vista?

#3 ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

I have somewhat the same issue. I've been using PXE network boot and USB boot (both using boot.wim obviously) for a few months now and just recently started trying CD boot (without boot.wim). I found that packing everything into boot.wim doesn't work too well on systems with only 256MB of RAM. For those systems I've been booting with CD instead. After VistaPE gets to the desktop it takes an additional 2 minutes for Wpeinit to finish and for the network to work. When packing boot.wim this is not an issue. Is this normal or have I done something silly? I'm using explorer for the desktop. The processor sits at 0-1% and wpeinit is idle during the 2 minutes.

Thanks for the help! :confused1:

#4 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:09 PM

The processor sits at 0-1% and wpeinit is idle during the 2 minutes

it's normal :confused1:

systems with only 256MB of RAM.

boot.wim take too many memory, it's method request minimum 512Mb...

#5 ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

Glad to hear that it's normal. I'll stop doing this: :confused1:

About the only way I could get a system with 256MB of RAM to boot (using a packed boot.wim) and take an image through ImageX was to strip out about every application and place programs like imagex on the network. Also, after imagex starts I would have to close explorer.exe to free up a few MB of memory for imagex to use while uncompressing...

Thanks for all that you do! :confused1:

#6 JakeLD

JakeLD

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:24 PM

you are very fast, you will be have network only AFTER wpeinit.exe will be finished, see it in task manager...

I waited untill wpeinit.exe disapear from task manager and then I started PENetCFG.exe I get the same error. :confused1:

I got an nvidia nforce networking controller (nforce 680i SLI chipset).

I added my driver, the windows vista 32 bit version to the driver folder selected by the Vista driver Integrator from Charles Stevens. Still my driver is not installed properly and I cant find any inf, sys or dll files related to my driver in the x:,d: or y: .

How did you added your network drivers ??? Please post a complete guide. :confused1:

Thanks.

#7 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:53 PM

JakeLD

I added my driver

Do you have driver for Windows Vista (not for Windows XP)? Can you send it to me?

#8 JakeLD

JakeLD

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:05 PM

Here's the link:

http://www.nvidia.co...ta32_15.00.html

I extracted the file and took only the .sys, .inf and .dll from the Ethernet folder.

#9 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1739 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

You can't just take the network driver there is a bus driver that is also required.

#10 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:22 AM

Here's the link:

ok, i try make script on next week

You can't just take the network driver there is a bus driver that is also required.

#11 JakeLD

JakeLD

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

paraglider is right, there is a network bus enumerator driver but the files for this bus looks to be in the cab files and for some reasons power archiver cant extract them. So I will install vista in a VM and then install driver via the exe so I will able to get all the drivers files after.

#12 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

JakeLD

Unpack it to windows folder and test :confused1:

Attached File  windows.7z   443.29KB   344 downloads

ps it's only drivers, script will be after your testing :confused1:

#13 yannou75

yannou75
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:32 AM

Hello Nightman,

I am copied your files before make the boot.wim into the build folder but the drivers is not loaded at the boot of my vistape cd (009 up2dated)

I have tried another method but it don't work but maybe it can inspire you

I 'm trying with vistape to add nforce drivers directly to my vista DVD using the vlite tools
After that I make my vistape cd (with drivers.script, the 2 mb which generate 76 mb of storage and network drivers in function that it 'is present on the Vista DVD I think) but the my nforce network chipset is not seen. I think it was due to the nvidia bus enumerator drivers.
when I used bartpe the solution was to add a nf4 plugin which modify the txtsetup.sif

I have no problem with other network drivers like broadcom 57xx that can I add with vlite etc...

If you have an idea for vistape because txtsetup.sif has been replaced by I don't know why. And the bus drivers nvnetbus.sys don't exist anymore

my goal is to use vistape with network for nforce cards

here the plugin which work with bartpe:

[PEBuilder]
Name="NIC: Nvidia Nforce4 Integrated Ethernet Driver"
Enable=1
Help="nic_nforce4.htm"

[Software.Addreg]
; create NetworkCards registry entry since the driver doesn't. This key
; is necessary for PE Netconfig to run.
0x0, "Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards"

[SourceDisksFiles]
; just copy the following files from you driver disk to the files folder
; The driver .sys files must goto the system32\drivers folder
files\nvnetbus.sys=4,,1
files\nvnrm.sys=4,,1
files\nvsnpu.sys=4,,1
files\nvtcp.sys=4,,1
files\nvefdxp.sys=4,nvenetfd.sys,1

; The driver .inf files must goto the inf folder
files\nvenetfd.inf=20,,1
files\nvnetbus.inf=20,,1

; The driver .dll and .exe files must goto the system32 folder
files\nvunrm.exe=2,,1
files\bdco1.dll=2,,1
files\bdco1.dll=2,bdco1ins.dll,1
files\fdco1.dll=2,,1
files\fdco1.dll=2,fdco1ins.dll,1
files\nvconrm.dll=2,,1

[SetValue]
"txtsetup.sif","BusExtenders.Load","nvnetbus", "nvnetbus.sys"
"txtsetup.sif","BusExtenders","nvnetbus", """NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator"",files.nvnetbus,nvnetbus"
"txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","nvnetbus.sys", "1,,,,,,,4,1"
"txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","nvnrm.sys", "1,,,,,,,4,1"
"txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","nvsnpu.sys", "1,,,,,,,4,1"
"txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","bdco1ins.dll", "1,,,,,,,2,1"
"txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","bdco1.dll", "1,,,,,,,2,1"
"txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","nvconrm.dll", "1,,,,,,,2,1"
"txtsetup.sif","SourceDisksFiles","nvnetbus.inf", "1,,,,,,,20,1"
"txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0086", """nvnetbus"""
"txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008C", """nvnetbus"""
"txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00DF", """nvnetbus"""
"txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0038", """nvnetbus"""
"txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057", """nvnetbus"""
"txtsetup.sif","HardwareIdsDatabase","PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0269", """nvnetbus"""

#14 yannou75

yannou75
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:56 AM

when I install vista on the nforce computer the network is ok

when I boot on this computer with my vistape cd the network doesn't work, howhever on the file before making the boot.wim the file corresponding to my drivers is here with the inf file. I don't understand why but I am searching ... (I think this problem exist for all the nforce network adapter)

NEW THERE IS A THING WHICH RESTORE HOPE

under my vistape cd in the device manager I found a "Other PCI Bridge device" in warning, when I click on it, it is written that access is denied, but when I do update driver the system find "Nvidia Bus Enumerator" drivers and the nforce network card appear. After that I get automatically an IP address

hwpnp would be buggy, how to force system to reinstall or update drivers of device in warning (or device where it isnot written "device is working")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users