How to Inject Win10 VHD System to Fix Computer
In case of computer troubles it is often desired to have a quick fix available without disturbing existing configuration.
We can decide to Inject from USB in 10 minutes a 50 GB VHD with New Windows 10 x64 System for local account.
Windows 10 in VHD has the advantage that the VHD can be copied to any location.
Windows 10 is Universal and will automatically adjust the drivers needed for the hardware in use.
After Injection, the VHD System is personalised by Switching to Microsoft Account and Changing User Data Locations.
- Prepare Portable SSD Bootable from USB with PE WIM and VHD file as described in this document
- Disconnect Internet LAN Ethernet cable
- Boot from USB - after beep use F8 menu - Select in Boot Manager Menu Win10XPE WIM file located on Portable SSD
- Copy 50 GB VHD with New System for local account and located on USB Portable SSD to your internal SSD Drive C:
is used to Add VHD in Boot Manager Menu for booting from internal SSD
use tab BCD and Z:\efi\microsoft\boot\BCD Or Z:\Boot\BCD in Prof Mode to Set as Default the Added VHD
- Option - For existing System Drive C: use Malware Removal Tool like McAfee Stinger
- Reboot from internal SSD by selecting in Boot Manager menu the Injected VHD with New Windows 10 x64 System
- On Data partition Create 5x empty folder for Documents, Pictures, Downloads, Music and Videos
My Computer - R-mouse on icon > Properties > tab Location > Move ... Select folder to change the User Data location
- Swith to your Microsoft Account via Config > Accounts and Reboot
- Option - Restore Backup of User Data made with SyncBack Free
on external USB and kept safely offline
- Connect Internet LAN Ethernet cable
Alternatively you can use:
How to Fix Booting of Windows 10 using bcdboot
to Fix on the hidden FAT32 drive the EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD entry Or Boot\BCD entry
- Boot from USB - after beep use F8 menu - In Win10XPE use R-mouse menu to Open Admin Command Window
- Use bcdboot to make BCD in hidden FAT32 drive mounted by WinNTSetup
x64 as Drive Z:
bcdboot C:\Windows /s Z: /f ALL
How to ReInstall Windows 10
If you want to ReInstall Windows 10 x64 while completely disturbing existing configuration then
- Boot with Win10XPE from USB - after beep use F8 menu - In Win10XPE then
- Backup to external USB drive your User Data from C:\Users\YourName
- In WinNTSetup
x64 use as Windows Installation file your Capture Wim
file Or use Win10x64 ISO file from TechBench
- Select as Installation drive your Attached VHD mounted as Drive Y: Or your internal SSD drive C: and Use NTFS Format
- Select Setup and Legacy Boot Menu Style and OK to Install Win10x64 in VHD or partition of internal SSD and Reboot