(Once again, I will start a new thread, since this is a major version and the old thread is probably long enough...)
It is my great pleasure to announce the immediate release of Rufus 3.0!
A lot of hard work went into this new release, which saw a complete redesign of the GUI, to hopefully make it more intuitive and friendlier, as well as a bit more modern.
Of course, we can't mention this new release without expressing our thanks to all the people who helped us with it, in one way or another (some of whom belong to this forum), and especially the many translators who did a tremendous job for this new version!
The full Changelog for the 3.0 release is as follows:
- UI redesign to follow the flow of user operations (with thanks to Fahad Al-Riyami for the concept)
- Drop XP and Vista platform support
- Switch all downloads to SSL and use https://rufus.ie as the new base URL
- Add ARM64 support for UEFI:NTFS
- Fix delays when querying floppy drives during device enumeration
- Improve support of efi.img files on Linux ISOs
- Improve support for non-ISO9660 compliant openSUSE Leap ISOs
- Improve translation support and remove manual positioning
- Internal fixes and improvements
Feel free to head to the official website to download this new release. I hope you will agree that 3.0 is a major improvement on the previous version and was worth the wait.
And as usual, if you think you have found an issue, feel free to report it in the github issue tracker.