File Name: Dism Mount Service
File Submitter: ReTokener
File Submitted: 02 Jun 2017
File Updated: 06 May 2020
File Category: Tools
Dism Mount Service (DMS)
is a tool to load Windows Image files (esd/ffu/wim/swm) from explorer context menu.
It is a frontend for dism.exe and since dism version of win8 it has full spectrum support,
while dism.exe of win7 does only mount files.
- Install it by "/s" switch.
- You can select a custom dism.exe (v.10 from winAIK) by [File] - [Select Dism File] menu entry.
- Mount / Apply / Delete / Export / Capture / Append images.
- Servicing capabilities are available.
- Capture attached disk to FFU file.
- Directories can be substituted and released.
- There are several options/switches for installation and usage.
- UnMount Directory directly from explorer context-menu.
- the password for the file is dism
- press [F5] to update current tab.
- if you leave the fields free for Name / Description (FFU file) default strings are: "Disk #" / "$Model"
- Use EXTRAS -> CHECK SETTINGS -> Regedit -> export (and edit) settings as "default.reg" next to DismMountService.exe
"default.reg" (if present in same path) will be loaded when starting DismMountService.exe. If loaded an additional button will appear next to the progressbar in the top-line.
Hope you like it. T.
Due to a dism issue /wimboot option does not work for capturing.
Use wimlib-clc to capture image in wimboot-mode.
Click here to download this file