File Name: Dism Mount Service
File Submitter: ReTokener
File Submitted: 02 Jun 2017
File Updated: 02 Dec 2019
File Category: Tools
Dism Mount Service (DMS)
is a tool to load Windows Image files (esd/ffu/wim/swm) from explorer context menu.
It is a frontend for dism.exe and since dism version of win8 it has full spectrum support,
while dism.exe of win7 does only mount files.
- Install it by "/s" switch.
- You can select a custom dism.exe (v.10 from winAIK) by [File] - [Select Dism File] menu entry.
- Mount / Apply / Delete / Export / Capture / Append images.
- Servicing capabilities are available.
- Capture attached disk to FFU file.
- Directories can be substituted and released.
- There are several options/switches for installation and usage.
- UnMount Directory directly from explorer context-menu.
- the password for the file is dism
- press [F5] to update current tab.
- if you leave the fields free for Name / Description (FFU file) default strings are: "Disk #" / "$Model"
Hope you like it. T.
Due to a dism issue /wimboot option does not work for capturing.
Use wimlib-clc to capture image in wimboot-mode.
Click here to download this file