Arsenal Image Mounter - Release 1.0.019
- Write-temporary mode (also known as "write-overlay") is now supported for most virtual disk formats mounted through DiscUtils.dll as well as the existing support through libewf.dll. The API needed to change somewhat to make this possible, so existing application that uses this API likely need to modify code that creates new virtual disks.
- The driver now supports emulating removable disk devices that can be removed using right-click/eject in for example Disk Management.
- The routine that scans for new disks after creating a new disk device is now much faster, more efficient and should have less compatibility problems.
- The driver now supports directly mounting an existing "PhysicalDrive" object as a new virtual SCSI disk. This makes it possible to emulate a full partitionable disk using a USB thumb drive. Useful for example to access partitions other than the first one on a USB thumb drive.
- Mounting of images using libewf.dll now supports the new .ex01 formats as well as old .e01 formats.
- Included newer version of DiscUtils.dll with some fixes and improvements for some virtual disk formats.
Mount Tool now automatically asks you to upgrade to latest driver or if you want to continue using an existing old driver, if it is API compatible with this version. There is also now better API support for comparing running and installable driver versions and to upgrade if necessary.
Source/binary repository: https://github.com/A...l-Image-Mounter
Self-contained Mount Tool GUI application with included driver installer (requires .NET 4.0): https://github.com/A...ol.exe?raw=true