Photo
- - - - -

Where can I buy a 256GB MicroSD (UHS-I)?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wonko the Insane

Wonko the Insane

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:Oh, so you hate me too? Well, join the club! There are weekly meetings at the corner of Fuck You St. and Kiss My Ass Blvd.

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

I'm looking to buy a 256GB MicroSD for my LG v10 phone. Said card should preferably be UHS (ultra high speed) Class 1 (which is technically faster than a regular class 10 but still also qualifies as a class 10). Class 2/3 wont work because they have extra pins.

I'm not even sure that such a card exists yet. I was checking Amazon but all I found were what appears to be regular size SDs for cameras and such.

Why so much space? Well, because I love my space, and my phone supports an MSD up to 2TB. I'm a huge fan of big hard drives, etc. With a card of this size I know I'll never run of space for games and other stuff.

If anyone can drop a sales link then I'd appreciate it. But please, only from reputable manufacturers like PNY, Sandisk, etc. None of that cheap Chinese shit. Price is no obstacle as long as it isnt absurdly high. Must also ship to the US, if they arent located here.

Thanks!

#2 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1315 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

I'm not even sure that such a card exists yet.

There is no 256GB UHS 1 MicroSD.

Sandisk offers a 200GB UHS 1 MicroSD. Available down the large river ;)

#3 Wonko the Insane

Wonko the Insane

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 498 posts
  • Interests:Oh, so you hate me too? Well, join the club! There are weekly meetings at the corner of Fuck You St. and Kiss My Ass Blvd.

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it. There are 128GB MSDs available, and so I naturally assumed that 256GB would be the next bigger thing to look for. I made the switch to LG after a long history of using Samsung smartphones. I got tired of Samsung because, even though they're excellent phones, the battery life is shit. Every Samsung Android I've owned has been this way. My last was Note 4, but when I discovered Note 5 would have no MSD slot or removable battery, that instantly turned me against them. So next I just have to order this MSD and a Zerolemon extended battery/case combo and I'm set. The stock battery is OK, but I've read good reviews about ZL's battery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users