I'm wondering guys is there a way to load 4GB ISO-image?
I've a specific task - load 4GB ISO-image that contains Win10 PE (wim-file) and other programs that connect to WinPE on its startup via Firadisk mounitng.
So I know only two ways for loading ISO:
1) sanboot + http (it's a favourite one for Elwan )
1. "sanboot + http" doesn't work when you boot iso that includes wim-file. You'll get the error:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert you Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data.
It happens because http doesn't load ISO entirely and bootmgr tries to load WinPE when it's not ready.
2. memdisk as you know need 2x memory of ISO-file. In my case a target machine has to have 8GB of RAM but it hasn't.
Of course I could extract wim-file and boot it by wimboot and then manually mount all programs but I need to load ISO like it's loaded with DVD or USB.
Could somebody give me an idea for solving this task?
Thank you very much!
Edited by The_Immortal, 23 February 2016 - 04:15 AM.