File Name: Windows Firewall Configuration - Truly Block EVERYTHING
File Submitter: alacran
File Submitted: 15 Sep 2015
File Category: Security
Usefull to block Windows 10 spying behavior.
Inside the 7zip you will find 2 doc files with the required register and Windows Firewall Control config. Also here two reg files one blocking ALL and the other almost same but Allow Windows Update.
ALWAYS MAKE A COPY OF YOUR REGISTER BEFORE TRY THIS
1. Be warned that this setup is for someone with the time and knowledge to put up with apps, network services, the entire internet, etc, not working, and to figure out what is needed to whitelist. There is a log feature in WFC that will help you view connections, but it's mostly trial and error if you're trying to unblock something like Windows Update (in case by registry above doesn't work for you).
2. Don't blindly enable WFC Recommended Rules. It allows the Windows Store to talk to the internet, in case you don't want that.
3. I tested with a fully activated WFC. You will not have Notification Levels to control if not activated.
4. This may cause lower level services and networking to fail (even LAN Drives). It may require more effort than simply right click to whitelist to handle said services.
5. Some apps may have multiple exe files that need whitelisted to fully function. You'll likely only need to worry about EXE files.
6. Unless Microsoft compromises their own Firewall Software (which is terrible as it should do what it is told, and the Pro and up version are supposed to be Enterprise grade (*cough*), this should kill all possibilities for talking to MS, except those you knowingly (or unknowingly, with too permissive whitelisting) allow via WFC.
Click here to download this file