• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 martinr

martinr

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:43 PM

I have just downloaded all the latest scripts to run with WinBuilder 068 and LiveXP.

When WinBuilder gets to the 7zip.script, it hangs with the dialog message "The archive was created with a different version of ZLBArchive (v-999063504)".

Does this mean anything to anyone?

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

Happens mostly when the script is somehow corrupted and wb tries to unpack the binary files inside.

I suggest re-downloading again - it's strange because 068 already has a safety MD5 check wich will only rename the file to .script after it passes this test.

If this doesn't work, then I would advice looking for Anti-virus, or any other reason interfering with this.

:confused1:

#3 martinr

martinr

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:02 PM

I suggest re-downloading again - it's strange because 068 already has a safety MD5 check wich will only rename the file to .script after it passes this test.

I have now done this three more times - once overwriting the existing 7zip.script file, and twice deleting it before downloading. I get the same error message everytime I run with the script enabled.

I don't think that the problem is my end. I don't have any other symptoms and everything else downloads and builds fine. It might be a good idea if someone else did a download and ran the script.

Thanks.

#4 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

Yes, I think you've pretty much covered most possibilities - I will try it myself straight from a fresh downloaded liveXP and let you know the results.

(also a good opportunity to update some of the scripts to work with the latest beta)

:confused1:

#5 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:32 PM

Could it be, that you have nativePe as well downloaded?
thunn has a few tools updated, maybe some versions don't see eye to eye?

#6 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:46 PM

Same issue reported here with another user:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=2080

#7 Milamber

Milamber
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

Same issue reported here with another user:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=2080

I had the same issue aswell, the problem seems to do with the automatically downloaded script as I manually downloaded the script from here (http://www.boot-land...?...c=1829&st=0) and it progressed past.

I also had the same type of error when it reached the ShellWM script, again I manually downloaded it (http://www.boot-land...?...hellwm&st=0) and the build completed OK

#8 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

The file itself was not correctly uploaded - it should be restored soon.. :confused1:

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:30 PM

The file itself was not correctly uploaded - it should be restored soon.. :confused1:

Did you also become a victim of the new betas? :confused1:
Peter :confused1:

#10 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

I'm actually more worried about MD5 checks.. :confused1:

It's not a beta issue - it is probably happening since 068/067

wb should actually prevent these sort of things and warn whenever the script doesn't match MD5 - but it bypasses this protection because althought the file is corromped it still presents itself with the same file size but containing null 0's and making this pass as a valid file on the eyes of MD5.

It's probably a good reason to drop MD5 and change method to calculate a overall checksum - do you think CRC would do? :confused1:

#11 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

I'm actually more worried about MD5 checks.. :confused1:

It's not a beta issue - it is probably happening since 068/067

wb should actually prevent these sort of things and warn whenever the script doesn't match MD5 - but it bypasses this protection because althought the file is corromped it still presents itself with the same file size but containing null 0's and making this pass as a valid file on the eyes of MD5.

It's probably a good reason to drop MD5 and change method to calculate a overall checksum - do you think CRC would do? :confused1:

CRC always has been a sufficient integrity check.
md5 is invented by the security enthusiastics.

Peter

#12 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10545 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:52 AM

Well - this was surely an unexpected behavior.

Will check the crc32 methods and see if they can sucessfully replace the current MD5 function.. :confused1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users