Photo

Not really a cyber-techno-hyper-crypto challenge...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

.... but somehow connected to it.

Let's see if someone can recognize this snippet (or guess who might have written it) WITHOUT opening the Spoiler :dubbio:

We worked six days a week and did not even complain about rough working conditions.
When we started working in the trailers, there were no steps to the entrance.
The entrance was about four feet off the ground.
We found some cinder blocks and empty spools that had contained mesh wire to help us enter the trailer.
Eventually we got steps, phones, and air conditioning, and life improved.

And no, it's not about abusing of third-world workers or such and the same cited person later concludes:

..., I could easily have missed it. I am glad that I saw it. I certainly was delighted with the $5,000 cash award.

Spoiler

:duff:

Wonko

#2 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:27 PM

Asking this kind of question and telling people not to look at the spoiler,  is like trying to conduct a spelling bee contest via a forum, which for obvious reasons wont work. It depends on people to be honest, and there is simply no way of knowing if they are or not. You should have posted the question without the spoiler. I peeked, but had no intention ofanswering regardless.

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

It depends on people to be honest, and there is simply no way of knowing if they are or not.

Sure. :)

You should have posted the question without the spoiler.

Not really, that might apply IF I had any interest in knowing if people are honest or not, which is not the case.

There is not a prize for answering, so I don't risk hypothetically awarding it improperly to a liar.

Conversely the lack of the prize - while possibly making the thread less interesting - removes any logical reason for lying.

So we might have at the end of the day either logical and honest claims or illogical and dishonest ones, but since I have no interest in determining which is which, it's perfectly fine with me.

Wonko

#4 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:37 PM

You seem to think of everything purely according to logic and reasoning. But the simple fact of the matter is that some things seem to happen with no apparent logic behind them. Like for instance, the age-old question of how our universe came to be be. Some credit God, others credit the Big Bang. And yet *noone* has came forward with an answer that is irrefutable and scientifically proveable.

But back to your question, some people will lie just for the sake of lying, and while there is no logic in that, they do so.

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

But back to your question, some people will lie just for the sake of lying, and while there is no logic in that, they do so.

Sure :) this is expected.

Spoiler

Wonko

#6 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:04 PM

Everyone lies to a degree. Like to your spouse about whether you *really* liked that dinner she cooked. Or whatever. Socially speaking, sonetimes lying actually seems like the right thing to do (or at least, the action that will cause the least trouble and keep the peace).

But then........there are pathological liars, and they're a different animal.

For me, it all boils down to trusting noone, and I generally dont trust anyone on anything, much less in their ability to be honest, especially with the things that really matter. My reasons are probably alot deeper than that,  but I dont fully understand them.

#7 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

For me, it all boils down to trusting noone, and I generally dont trust anyone on anything, much less in their ability to be honest, especially with the things that really matter. My reasons are probably alot deeper than that,  but I dont fully understand them.

Yep :), also expected.

Spoiler

Wonko

#8 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

hi AnonVendetta, Wonko,

I think dis-trust is somewhat healthy myself. it also prompts one to learn more than the average joe which makes one more self sufficient. many times when you want something done right you must do it yourself.

I do however recall that you, AnnonVendetta do trust M$ and the (U)EFI firmware also do you only trust corporations and not people?

I study law and it has been a most beneficial pursuit in many, many way but among them is comprehending what is "trust" and how it actually works. its actually quite a complex subject (trust law) in itself.

if you have as much distrust as you let on then consider a study on trust law.

about that universe.. IMO the multi-verse just "IS", there was no beginning and will be no end. and FWIW it could not "be" so without you.

#9 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:20 PM

@ Zoso: You recall?! Well, you recall incorrectly. But since you recall, then please, *please* point out anywhere on this forum where I said that I trust MS or UEFI. If I ever said so, then I either can't find or don't remember it. I certainly don't trust MS, Linux is a better alternative. I think UEFI is a better option vs BIOS, but don't "trust" it.

If you can find a statement where I said either of these, then I'll take back what I've said. Until then, your recollection that I trust either are *your* own words, so don't go misattributing statements.

#10 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:51 PM

@ Zoso: You recall?! Well, you recall incorrectly. But since you recall, then please, *please* point out anywhere on this forum where I said that I trust MS or UEFI.

you didnt "say" it and I did not say you did. there is no need for words to form a trust. thats why I mentioned trust law study. we trust in more than we realize. what do you use for money?.

#11 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:46 AM

This is no longer up for debate. I *SAID* I don't "trust" MS or UEFI, and if you can't take my word for that, then, well.............that's your problem. You formed your own opinion based on what you believe and *NOT* directly based on anything I've stated. I don't care what your area of expertise is or what you *THINK* you know. I quite frankly am not going to continue feeding into your BS just because you feel like you have a point to prove. 'Nuff said.................

And besides that, I get into arguments easily, and I tend to get on the extreme rude side with my words, if not downright volatile. It's best if you not try to push me that far. I quite frankly don't give a **** what people think, and I'm not afraid to tell that what i really think of them (ask Wonko). I'm not about to get banned.

#12 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:16 AM

OK then.. if that is the case, please accept my apologies internet tough guy LOL!

#13 S466531257BOSS

S466531257BOSS

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Location:NIEDERSACHSEN ( Lower Saxony ) , HANNOVER ( Hannoi )
  • Interests:ETC PP ...
  •  
    Germany

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

Wow, though truly hesitating to jump into the spoiler, i must say that it is awesome how AnonVendetta is completely corrupting any kind of natural i-want-to-peek-in by just blubbering ( sorry, no affront ) in such an agressive manner, that i stay here, at the end of this thread and hardly can ( not ) remember what the original question was . Was there any? I think i ' believe ' Wonko cited something and wanted to know who it could have been ( No i am not looking for it to check and approve - ... you have to trust me ... ) - however the ' feeling ' i had when reading the initial post was like travelling into an era that tumbled from the 7th to 8th decade of the last century and that it could have been from a guy called gates or a guy called jobs . Maybe. I don't know . I will have a peek now .

THANKFULLY THAT MY HUMBLED WORLD IS NOT DISCUSSED BY ANONVENDETTA WHO IS PROVING ITS BIRTHRIGHT TO WEAR THAT NAME .

:superstition: ... whatever might come after me from now on  :eek:

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST .

S466531257 BOSS

PAETH CLAUDIUSRAPHAEL

#14 S466531257BOSS

S466531257BOSS

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:13 PM

LOL - Right time - Wrong Place but the DEBUGGER in Figure 5 is VERY HANDY !

#15 Guest_AnonVendetta_*

Guest_AnonVendetta_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:43 PM

@ S466531257BOSS: My only issue was that Zoso kept coming up with conclusions that are based on his own beliefs and experience, rather than things I said (or never said).

#16 S466531257BOSS

S466531257BOSS

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:57 PM

@AnonVendetta: I know, and i understand, but you have to admit that your talking was really plakative/posterous or well let's say: holding a fist risen upward. Reminded me of the days when i was used to be a ( liberate ) part of so-called left-wing parties youth organizations where terms have been discussed like in the mid-20s of the last century. Always full of powerful voice, for the work, for the mass and all of us; die you capitalistic creatains! Some like that ...

Hope you don't take it serious, was just a reminisce by flavour of writing .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users