1 reply to this topic

#1 Conrad (zaphodikus)

Conrad (zaphodikus)
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

I first picked up at version 1.8.5 and installed imdisk package using powershell and chocolatey wrapper to simply mount an .ISO. The problem I had was no .iso support on pre windows 8.x (I had need to run on Server2008) and not wanting to unzip the iso or use a network share because my requirement was to survive networking segment failures. Unzipping wastes space and defeats the object of syncing a fresh iso which I have to automatically unmount and mount anyway since the .iso is a test iso volume which gets coppied (syned) for me using an agent.

So I've been using imdisk + chocolatey in Powershell happily and once I upgrade to Server2012 I'll probably drop imdisk entirely, since the shell supports mounting volumes in windows 8.x. But for now it has saved me a lot of pain. So yesterday I spun up a brand new instance of SErver2008 and installed - only to find an issue when mounting an iso to a mount-point

imdisk -f c:\jenkins\workspace\asf\iso.iso -m C:\ASF\public\Jenkins\iso

gave some errors

Not a mount point: 'C:\ASF\public\Jenkins\iso'
Invalid mount point path: 'C:\ASF\public\Jenkins\iso'
Warning: The device is created without a mount point.

So we rolled that system back manually to 1.9.2 and things all worked fine.

Just wanted to feedback that there may well be some regression in the beta 2.0 release and since it was dead easy to roll back, to 1.9.2 ; I'm going to just say this has been a great tool.

If anyone has questions, please ask, I love helping.

#2 Olof Lagerkvist

Olof Lagerkvist

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1448 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

Thanks a lot for your feedback! I have found why this happens and I will correct it for next release!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beta, automation, chocolatey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users