#1 ambralivio

ambralivio

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 166 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:45 PM

Just for your knowledge (specially for those users having such devices), please be informed that the Zalman homepage is available again.

http://www.zalman.com/

and there you can find the last firmware for both VE300 and VE400 ISO emulator.

Really, I do not know what happened in the meantime, after the announcement for  a possible bankrupt...

ambralivio

• Nuno Brito likes this

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4135 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

Hope they dont go under. They offer good tech. Will get the firmware update while im here.

#3 Zoso_The_Internet_Fucktard

Zoso_The_Internet_Fucktard

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Oh, so you hate me too? Well, join the club! There are weekly meetings at the corner of Fuck You St. and Kiss My Ass Blvd.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

Zalman's ZM-VE400 is an excellent product, allowing you to dual-boot most (already bootable) ISOs and IMGs from a standard notebook HDD, emulated either as USB or CD/DVD, and from an NTFS/FAT32/exFAT partition, as long as it is the first partition on the drive. I used to own one when I had my last notebook, it proved quite useful. And it can also be used in dual-mode simultaneously, as both CD/DVD on the primary partition, and a standard 2nd partition.

However, I was never able to get it to boot an ISO/IMG in UEFI mode (on a UEFI-capable PC). It also didn't work well for my (ex)-friend, who has a Toshiba notebook. His PC would only see it as a USB but not CD/DVD, whereas my previous PC could use both.

Zalman's support is also ****, their reps take forever to get back to you, are generally unknowledgable, and somewhat stuck-up. And they make you wait forever on the phone. My device tended to have a high failure rate as well, if reviews I read on it are any indication (mine didn't have a chance to go out, since it grew legs and walked away before that could happen).

Edited by Enigma83, 28 March 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4135 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:49 AM

(mine didn't have a chance to go out, since it grew legs and walked away before that could happen).

:loleverybody:  :hmm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users