"Request"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:01 PM

This post:

You know what ? Frell it, I'm just gonna "juggle" those CD's.

But if someone would provide\point to a tutorial and a WinBuilder (preferably GUI one) version, that it works with, and a step by step (♪ oh, baby ♪) tutorial for making plugins, I would appreciate, and (probably) use it when I have more time.

Thank you all, for (trying to) help.

gave me the impulse to react here.

For those who do not know me: I'm one of the first members of this forum, joined 14 Jul 2006.

Since that time I'm besides Nuno co-developer of the Winbuilder (delphi edition).

When in 2013 the new Winbuilder 20?? was published, I was main composer.

The time I spent to develop WinBuilder, has been nearly "full time", because I was retired and had no more professional intentions.

And I did not do this work in order to earn money.

Since that time besides two 5 Euro / 10 Euro donations I did dot get any money for my work.

So as a result: I do not feel well, when somebody demands for additions for something he got for free.

He should try to develop the wanted results with the community.

Peter

:cheers:

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

He should try to develop the wanted results with the community.

Sure :), point might be WHICH community :dubbio:, you know like "this one here:unsure: or "the other one there:w00t: :ph34r: (that you so much contributed to create :whistling:), the one that was here is unfortunately long time lost :(.

:duff:

Wonko

#3 v77

v77

Silver Member

• Team Reboot
  • 602 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 10 March 2015 - 06:40 PM

So as a result: I do not feel well, when somebody demands for additions for something he got for free.

Well, a request is not an order... You can simply tell that you are not interested.
For me, a request is like a suggestion : I take it, or not, depending on my free time and my interest.

Of course, sometimes, some users do not realize that they are asking something huge, but it can be difficult to evaluate the amount of work required for something when we are not involved in a project...

Take it easy! :cheers:

#4 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

@ pscEx

I do understand nobody should demand anything for something that is free; you made a great work in developing your tool. I am sure you made it to be widely used for all forum members as previous versions are.

From a retired man to another:  IMHO if you want that your work don't die with you, I suggest a tutorial is the only thing needed.

That’s going to be the crown of your hard work.

Best Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users