• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ULY

ULY
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:32 AM

Hi,
in my WB 068 the Download Center always return "File not found".
For the updates.boot-land.net/067a as well as for http://vistape.boot-land.net/project.
When I open the page manually in the IE I'll get e page displayed.

The Web-Tab is working properly.

So, is there any other possibility to download a VistaPE 008 incl. updates ?
May be as an rar or zip archive ?

By
Uly

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:23 AM

Hi ULY!

Welcome to our community!

Can you provide us more details regarding your build environment?

Read here for a check list of details that help debugging this issue:
http://www.boot-land...ects-t2024.html

btw: There were also a few reports of the dowload center not working properly under true unicode windows, wich language are you using?

:cheers:

#3 ULY

ULY
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

Can you provide us more details regarding your build environment?

btw: There were also a few reports of the dowload center not working properly under true unicode windows, wich language are you using?

I'm using the following configuration:

CPU P4 2,6GHz with 2GB RAM
2 ethernet module, one pci for internet, one usb ethernet interface for internal network
Windows XP SP2 english with German localization (incl. all HF)
Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2
Windows Vista AIK English @ c:\progam files\Windows AIK
WinBuilder 068 @ p:\winbuilder (local drive)

I'm working behind a Firewall and a WebFilter. So I tested the URL directly at the IE, and I was able to see the Web-Page.

Thanks for your help.

By
ULY

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:59 AM

Using German and English languages should be fine since a lot of members also use similar work conditions.

But now I remember a detail: the web servers you are using indicate an older wb version.

Please go to the winbuilder sub-forum and download the latest beta - place the new wb on an empty folder and then try downloading again..

Let us know how it works.. :cheers:

#5 ULY

ULY
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:05 AM

Using German and English languages should be fine since a lot of members also use similar work conditions.

But now I remember a detail: the web servers you are using indicate an older wb version.

Please go to the winbuilder sub-forum and download the latest beta - place the new wb on an empty folder and then try downloading again..

Let us know how it works.. :cheers:

I tried it with WB 069-beta2 and I got the same result

"Failed to get file!"

at URL updates.boot-land.net/

What file is requested ? Can I get the file within the IE ?

When I start the wb069beta2 with no sub-dirs I got two Windows. One is called Interface Editor, but this was completely gray, without any GUI, and a second Window called WinBuilder with the normal GUI.

Any idea ?

Bye
ULY

#6 NightMan

NightMan

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:21 AM

ULY
you can download base version here

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:06 PM

I tried it with WB 069-beta2 and I got the same result

"Failed to get file!"

at URL updates.boot-land.net/

What file is requested ? Can I get the file within the IE ?

Any idea ?

Bye
ULY

The download center will try to download a small file called "updates.ini" to use as database for knowing wich files to download - but if you can't download it, this will mean the rest of the process will also not work.

Yes, download the package provided by Nightman and then you can visit the download page using your web browser from: http://vistape.boot-land.net/project/

However this is only meant as a temporary workaround - your reported issue doesn't seem very common at all.

Are you using any kind of proxy?

Would you mind posting a few screenshots of:

When I start the wb069beta2 with no sub-dirs I got two Windows. One is called Interface Editor, but this was completely gray, without any GUI, and a second Window called WinBuilder with the normal GUI.

Thanks! :cheers:

#8 ULY

ULY
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

The download center will try to download a small file called "updates.ini" to use as database for knowing wich files to download - but if you can't download it, this will mean the rest of the process will also not work.

Yes, download the package provided by Nightman and then you can visit the download page using your web browser from: http://vistape.boot-land.net/project/

However this is only meant as a temporary workaround - your reported issue doesn't seem very common at all.

Are you using any kind of proxy?

Would you mind posting a few screenshots of:
Thanks! :cheers:

Yes, there is a proxy. I tried to dowload the updates.ini file from the IE with the URL
vistape.boot-land.net/project/updates.ini
and I got the file.
Meanwhile I'm using the file from Nightman. Thanks.

For the GUI problem I while post a hardcopy in a new thread later on.

Btw. I also recognized, that a scipt.project.bak will be interpreted as a separated project.

Bye
ULY

#9 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

Yes, proxies are not (yet) supported - this sure explains the reason why it wasn't working.

Please post the screeshot - I'm really interested to see this issue.

Thank you! :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users