#1 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:22 AM

I've been looking everywhere to try to figure out how to make Plugins... but I have had no luck finding anything.  I have tried modifying some of the current plugins... but I must be doing something wrong because WinBuilder seems to ignore my plugin.

As of now I just want to make a simple plugin with a portable exe file that needs to be run in ram.  With simple shortcut on the desktop and in the start menu that can launch this exe.

Can anyone post a quick example for me?

And how can I test it in WinBuilder 2013 without uploading it to Reboot.pro first?

Thanks!

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

I think that you as developer can see the hidden file downloads > winbuilder > plugins > plugin_template.

Sorry, the first version of winbuilder only installs plugins from reboot.pro download.

And a download by WinBuilder is currently not possible because of a server glitch. See here

With the new version of WinBuilder the user can write his own local plugins. Only god (in this case Nuno) knows whether and when it will be published.

Peter

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

Siginet, you missed :w00t: :ph34r: the two first rules of the Winbuilder 2013 Club:

1. You don't talk of the Winbuilder 2013
  2. You DON'T TALK of the Winbuilder 2013

:(

:duff:

Wonko

#4 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

I think that you as developer can see the hidden file downloads > winbuilder > plugins > plugin_template.

Sorry, the first version of winbuilder only installs plugins from reboot.pro download.

And a download by WinBuilder is currently not possible because of a server glitch. See here

With the new version of WinBuilder the user can write his own local plugins. Only god (in this case Nuno) knows whether and when it will be published.

Peter

Ouch... guess I missed that. ;-)

I'll look into that template and see if I can figure it out.  Thanks!

Edit:  Sadly I can not see the hidden template. ;)  I'm blind... or it is well hidden. ;)

Siginet, you missed :w00t: :ph34r: the two first rules of the Winbuilder 2013 Club:

1. You don't talk of the Winbuilder 2013
  2. You DON'T TALK of the Winbuilder 2013

:(

Wonko

Uh oh...  did I step into harsh territory?

Is the next Winbuilder going to follow the 2013 plugin rules?  Or will we be seeing a new style?  I'd like to begin learning the syntax so I can try chipping in to help with the new method.  I'm a big fan of WinBuilder.  Always have been.  Nuno and many others here have done a lot of awesome work here. 

Thanks for the info!

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

Uh oh...  did I step into harsh territory?

Naah, you did nothing bad :), it is the Winbuilder 2013 which should be more properly called "Winbuilder") that was unfortunately :( caught in a time wormhole around the end of 2013 (please read as soon as it was released, and immediately after having definitely killed each and every project making use of the "previous Winbuilder" - which should be called more properly "Winbuilder" - and each and every development and/or attempt involving BOTH "old" and "new" Winbuilder's - that should be more properly BOTH be called "Winbuilder").

It seems like in the incident, besides the actual tool, also part of the intellectual faculties of some of the people involved with it (them) were caught in the wormhole and till now didn't manage to escape it's vortex. :frusty:

Wonko

#6 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

Is the next Winbuilder going to follow the 2013 plugin rules?  Or will we be seeing a new style?

The next WinBuilder will have 2014 rules, like or similar to the description in the "plugin_template", I mentioned above. (There is some compatibility with 2013).

Edit:  Sadly I can not see the hidden template. ;)  I'm blind... or it is well hidden. ;)

Seems that only a .script developer, but not a developer, can see the hidden posts.

You should PM Nuno and ask for an upgrade to .script developer. As admin I could do this upgrade, but i have the feeling that I'm logically not entitled to do so.

I'd like to begin learning the syntax so I can try chipping in to help with the new method.  I'm a big fan of WinBuilder.  Always have been.  Nuno and many others here have done a lot of awesome work here.

Several month ago Nuno decided to let serious members take part in the development  of WinBuilder.

IMO you are a candidate for this. I'll PM you an "how to". Tomorrow, now it's after midnight local time.

Peter

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

upgrade to .script developer

Fully agree, done.

:cheers:

#8 RoyM

RoyM

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:"Booting and Owning".
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:13 AM

Congrats Siginet, welll deserved. Regards RoyM

#9 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

Thanks guys!

#10 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

@Siginet

I uploaded the current Winbuilder development snapshoot to http://winbuilder.ex..._2015_01_28.zip.

The attached plugins contain the different types:

• Attached to plugin: e.g. PiriformCCleanerPortable
  • Downloaded once during install: e.g. HxD
  • To be provided by the user into \plugins: e.g. NVDA

To include a plugin to the build: Command "INSTALL <plugin>"

Unique name fragments are sufficient. Instead of "install 502-FileZillaPortable" you can use "install zilla"

To remove from the build: Just delete %BaseDir%\downloads\<plugin> 

Attention: do not delete <plugin>.zip !!

Please watch your PM to get passwords, personal developer keys etc.

Peter :cheers:

#11 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

OK... I went ahead and published my first plugin. ;-)

I still can not access the template plugin or the plugin tutorial for some reason.  But the info pscEx sent to me was enough for me to get this one figured out. ;-)  Thanks Guys!

#12 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

There is an issue when Gotcha! inside the PE wants to start Internet Explorer.

But that has been the fault of WinBuilder and is fixed.

http://winbuilder.ex..._2015-01-31.zip

Plugins are not changed, but for the record:

http://winbuilder.ex..._2015-01-31.zip

PWD unchanged

Peter

#13 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

OK Thanks pscEx!

I didn't have that issue in my testing.  But I do notice that for some reason jpg logos are not loading on the Gotcha program while in the Win7PE that is created from the latest winbuilder.  Do you have any idea what may be causing that?

I have a feeling that may be why IE tried to auto open.  Because the main banner in the program is supposed to be clickable to go to a website.  I think since the banner is failing to load it may be causing the issue you had.

I know the code I am using to load the jpg files is using the normal autoit GuiCtrlCreatePic function.  So I don't think it is an issue exactly with my code.  I think it is something missing from the Win7PE?  Maybe Windows Picture and Fax viewer?  I know in this Win7PE I can not open any picture files.  I'm sure there is possibly another way for me to load pictures in autoit... so I will try other methods.  I just want to mention it just in case you may have an idea what could be causing this.

#14 Siginet

Siginet

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 173 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

No worries... I think I found a different method to load the images.  So the latest version of Gotcha should work properly. ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users