Collar Perfect - Compact Iron

https://www.kickstar...wrinkles-in-you

Perfect Ironing Solution for the On-The-Go Lifestyle

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

Actually, every morning I iron my shirt for work but I'm not as disorganized as the guy on the video. :lol:

I was going to dismiss this project as a silly concept because a real iron can do well-enough the collars and edges of the shirt but then realized that this mini-iron would be perfect for travel. Mostly because you need to pack the shirts and they never seem in mint condition for the next day after being in the bag.

Not bad. I hope he gets the kickstarter goal.

:cheers:

#3 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

At first I wasnt to impressed because it seemed to be only a Collar  Iron, but you find that it can do more. Convertible! Transforms itself for traditional iron.

Collar Perfect allows quick touch-ups in traditionally the hardest places to iron. Collars, pockets, between buttons, pant creases, and every thread in-between can now be pressed on the go. Collar Perfect speeds up the ironing process through spot treatments of the garment, and promises to remove frustrations around the ironing board. It is the only on-the-go, on-the-body solution, yet is versatile enough to transform itself for traditional ironing applications when needed.

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

Yes, I agree. That was my exact impression.

The product name really doesn't help.

#5 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:40 AM

... but then realized that this mini-iron would be perfect for travel. Mostly because you need to pack the shirts and they never seem in mint condition for the next day after being in the bag.

If you ever find yourself in need to repress the collar of your shirt after travel, you're just simply doing the packing wrong.

Some tips for fellow business travelers. ;)
- Don't put your shirts into a bag for travel! Use a proper suitcase. ;)
- Use a suitcase with a hard shell to protect the shirts from prerssure.
- Get some zip bags big enough to hold a folded up shirt. zip it and make sure there's enough air in the bag. Pressure will now be transferred by the bag around the shirt.

Still not satisfied with the condition of your shirts? ;)

- Unpack them as soon as you arrive at your destination and put them on coat hangers. Over night gravity pulls little wrinkles out.
- Need the shirt faster, like for the same evening? Put it on a coat hanger, hang it into the shower and turn hot water on. Lots of steam for a short period is better, than little steam for a long one. 5 to 10 minutes in the steam is usually enough. Though no need to keep the water running that long!

btw. Some hotels have steamers to freshen up you shirts and suits. Steam also works very well against smells.

• Brito likes this

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

Good advice MedEvil. :cheers:

This October I'm outside the house for two weeks to attend events and work. The thing that worries me most is that shirts are a requirement on each day for these two weeks. Was planning to get a new suitcase where I can just fit a normal iron and big number of shirts.

Might indeed have been doing the packing wrong all this time. I like the advice you give about the zip bags, that is certainly something that I will try. :)

#7 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

This October I'm outside the house for two weeks to attend events and work. The thing that worries me most is that shirts are a requirement on each day for these two weeks. Was planning to get a new suitcase where I can just fit a normal iron and big number of shirts.

The only reason you would need an iron imo, would be if you run out of fresh shirts and need to wash them.
Do you plan on washing your shirts in the bathtub? :eek:

Just give your shirts to the cleaners. They wash and press them for you.
If you wanna be fancy, look for a cleaners, who offers hand-pressing.

btw. Keep the recites. Most companies accept them as business expenses and if worst comes to worst, they are at least tax deductible.

#8 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

Do you plan on washing your shirts in the bathtub?

Maybe going a bit too much on the private sphere, but I'm ok at washing clothes by hand. Nowadays I've got a nice washer but when studying in the army there was no money for cleaners, nor often the chance for a trip to mom's house and get the laundry done there. In those days the uniform would often get into mud and not easy to wash at all. Did it for some three years in a row, not the end of the world. :)

btw. Keep the recites. Most companies accept them as business expenses and if worst comes to worst, they are at least tax deductible.

That's a good tip, thanks. With this in mind I might just resort to cleaners.. :lol:

#9 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

It's important to always remind yourself of: "That was then and this is now."
As your life changes, you should change along with it.
It's quite easy to get stuck in the past, especially for us guys. :)

It's always funny to see, how people behave when they get their first secretary.
Unbelievable how much trouble people are having with adapting to this little change in their life.

You've might have heard the phrase: "Don't dress for the job you have, but for the job you want."
So still behaving like something you're not anymore, is actually one of the worst thing to do for your career. Nobody will promote you further, before you have not fully arrived at your current position.

btw. You're now in Germany. I didn't had to do any washing or pressing, while i was in the army and that was decades ago as a simple private. :thumbup: Germany :thumbup:

#10 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

It's quite easy to get stuck in the past, especially for us guys.

Yep. Fully agree.

So still behaving like something you're not anymore, is actually one of the worst thing to do for your career. Nobody will promote you further, before you have not fully arrived at your current position.

You make a good point.

btw. You're now in Germany. I didn't had to do any washing or pressing, while i was in the army and that was decades ago as a simple private.

You got the good life. :lol:

Washing or pressing were not what bothered me the most. You see, for two~three years we'd have each morning an inspection to verify if we had done the bed in a pristine matter. The cover would have to be stretched in such a way that when a guy tossed a coin, this coin would need to bounce at minimum three to four times. Everyday at 07:15 the inspection would come up and so this was a stress every morning to get things done.

At some point I've kind of solved the situation. Would initially take me an hour to achieve a perfectly stretched bed cover. Then I'd take a camping mattress and the sleeping bag to sleep on the floor.  After a few months it got difficult to sleep in a normal mattress again. :)

In terms of working conditions, Germany is great. Perfectly possible to be in the army just like a normal job. In Portugal, soldiers are not only expected to somehow pay the uniform and other stuff from their own pocket, as you're expected to get things done without the right tools. This is where "desenrascanço" is taught as an art form.

Just look here for the #1 non-english word:

http://www.cracked.c...e-needs_p2.html

Or:

http://www.urbandict...m=Desenrascanco

#11 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

Yep remember that bed nonsense too. Though my problem was not with achieving, what was asked, but that it was absolutely pointless.
btw. We used rubber suspenders to achieve the wanted result fast and easy or cardboard forms to fold shirts and pants around so they had this perfect size and shape.

Ah good days, may they never come back! :lol:

• Brito likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users