No replies to this topic

#1 GBossN4eVr

GBossN4eVr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

Hello to one and all of you who are so helpful and kind with there time and expertise sharing with those lesser knowledgeable people on this forum such as myself.

I have a Winpe8.1x64.ISO with quite a few preinstalled as well as portable apps which are very useful and most of the programs I use on regular windows work when installed in while using the said PE OS, what I want to know is how can I make changes in the PE namely registry settings e.g(Wifi password, Screen resolution) save/export .reg hive and add them to PE during/after boot making them persistent so I wouldn't need to keep adding those changes each time I boot the PE OS.

I know of DISM and Wintoolkit to mount and add registry settings which I have tried and failed.  I have read of files which would do what I am asking about namely startnet.cmd, WinPE8.1.cfg and unattend.xml which from my understanding can import the registry hives which were modified and exported from the PE as .reg files during or after booting the PE but I am not familiar with how to add/edit/create these files or exactly which of those 3 files I need to edit.

Please Help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users