#1 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

TouchPico Projector: Turn Any Surface Into A Touch Screen

you need the pen it seems to interact with projected screen

A tiny handheld projector that turns any surface into a giant 80" interactive touchscreen.

833% funded - ($458,418USD raised of $55,000 goal)

https://www.indiegog...-a-touch-screen

http://techcrunch.co...ctor/518343781/

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

I'm happy for them but reality is that I've already got an Android phone with a pico projector since around two years now.

Furthermore, it is a Samsung and it was cheap by comparison. Some 250 Euros.

A clip:

Pico projectors are great. It is good for watching videos on the ceiling or showing off pictures to your family every now and then.

In my opinion I find as the most useful feature the flashlight option. That thing is so strong that you can do trekking at night in the forest and just take the cellphone.

Great for the option of touch-assisted pencil. Still, I prefer the combo cellphone + picoprojector on a single device since its there in the pocket whenever neeed.

:cheers:

• crashnburn likes this

#3 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

Can u project the camera video live or does it have to be prerecorded?

One thing is that you need darkness to get better picture.

I read a persons post a while back when looking at reviews on pico projectors.

He said he didnt like the neighbors to much so he used his pico projector to play a 80+ or so projection to their houses outside. He was playing and adult movie to iritate them. I was like. LOL!

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

Can u project the camera video live or does it have to be prerecorded?

Can project video live. There is an app that lets you use the camera as a giant magnifier like a microscope. Great for kids to play or show a piece of paper in greater detail.

On the indiegogo project they show someone using skype and projecting the image of the other person on the wall. With this phone you can't do the same because the camera is either on the front or back of the cellphone, can't be adjusted in position. In either case, I never used skype in that manner either. I find it neat for videos on the ceiling.

I read a persons post a while back when looking at reviews on pico projectors.

He said he didnt like the neighbors to much so he used his pico projector to play a 80+ or so projection to their houses outside. He was playing and adult movie to iritate them. I was like. LOL!

Works excellent in dark conditions. With the cellphone you can really create a huge display area on a wall when it is flat enough. On rugged surfaces it won't work well. In bright daylight you can still get a good image quality, just not so big.

I don't understand why pico-projectors haven't been picked up as a popular feature for cellphones. For me is difficult to even consider a new cellphone without this feature, it's just not fun..

#5 crashnburn

crashnburn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:18 AM

Can project video live. There is an app that lets you use the camera as a giant magnifier like a microscope. Great for kids to play or show a piece of paper in greater detail.

On the indiegogo project they show someone using skype and projecting the image of the other person on the wall. With this phone you can't do the same because the camera is either on the front or back of the cellphone, can't be adjusted in position. In either case, I never used skype in that manner either. I find it neat for videos on the ceiling.

Works excellent in dark conditions. With the cellphone you can really create a huge display area on a wall when it is flat enough. On rugged surfaces it won't work well. In bright daylight you can still get a good image quality, just not so big.

I don't understand why pico-projectors haven't been picked up as a popular feature for cellphones. For me is difficult to even consider a new cellphone without this feature, it's just not fun..

Interesting. I use an iPhone but was considering getting an Andriod phone on the side to keep in touch with the Android world. 

Is this or Beam future models a good candidate? I'd prefer to get a phone that can get updated Androids if/ when needed and not stuck behind. 

• Brito likes this

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:43 PM

My Beam is from 2012 and I'm still using it. In fact, even yesterday watched another film on the ceiling of the bedroom with it.

Samsung only released an update one or two years ago: http://www.amazon.co...g Galaxy Beam 2

Updating to newer Android editions is a nice-to-have but how often one finds a phone where this is available by default or really needed? I'm using an Android 2.3.x and is now going on version 5.x.x, got to say that things work well despite being a phone with the OS from 2011. The Beam 2 is Android 4.x.x and got improvements, will likely get it next year or so when deciding to replace the phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users