#1 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:07 PM

built firt time last night. used xpsp2 cd. had downloaded latest winbuilder from downloads, chose all updates, built cd, get cant find btldr error on boot. any ideas???

thanks

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:17 PM

Hi carfan!

Welcome to boot-land.net!

First you will need to provide very specific details on how you've created your project.

The quickier way is running your project again and then save log.html from the log tab - this way you will be able to attach this log here and let everyone see wich source you have used, wich scripts gave errors, etc..

It is also important to know wich OS you are using to run WinBuilder, more details on the OS you are using on your project like the language, how much RAM your computer has, and anything else you think that it might be relevant to this matter.

:cheers:

#3 carfan

carfan

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 196 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

Hi carfan!

Welcome to boot-land.net!

First you will need to provide very specific details on how you've created your project.

The quickier way is running your project again and then save log.html from the log tab - this way you will be able to attach this log here and let everyone see wich source you have used, wich scripts gave errors, etc..

It is also important to know wich OS you are using to run WinBuilder, more details on the OS you are using on your project like the language, how much RAM your computer has, and anything else you think that it might be relevant to this matter.

the machine used to build has ap4 2.8, 1 gig 3200 ram, 250 gig hard drive. the build has 64 meg ram selested. the error i get is ntkrnlmp.exe not found. the boot stops. any key causes the boot process to restart with the same error. any ideas??? i have the lates version od winbuilder from this website.

thanks

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   1.06MB   3552 downloads

#4 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

the error i get is ntkrnlmp.exe not found. the boot stops.

Sounds like you use XPSP1 as source not XPSP2.

#5 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:42 PM

Hi everyone,

I also have boot problem. When I try to boot with the CD created by WinBuilder 052, a blue screen appears with the following error message:
STOP: c0000135 {The component can't be found} The application failed to start because the winsrv can't be found. (I hope I've translated correctly.)

Anyway, winsrv.dll is in Winbuilder052\Target\I386\System32 folder!

The source is XP SP2, langauge: Hungarian. The PC I use has 1GB DDR2 RAM, 250 GB Samsung SATA HDD, Intel Pentium D 830 (Dual Core) 3 GHz CPU

I've read in another topic that a Hungarian and a Spanish user had the same problem.
I attache the log.html to this post.

I hope that you can find the solution for this problem.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   804KB   256 downloads

#6 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:59 PM

Hi warynski!

This error might be difficult to reproduce since most members here are using projects based on nativeEx by Peter (psc), would you please download the latest wb beta from the winbuilder forum and try it?

You can get it here:
http://www.boot-land...uilder-f22.html

Download and extract to an empty folder, then go to the download center tab and download the projects available from the select box.

When you start up the default web server is updates.boot-land.net, my advice is to download all files from this default server and then click and select the psc.boot-land.net/Projects server to get the latest scripts from nativeEx itself - I think it might be better prepared to solve this issue.

Please remember to use a new folder since this new beta will download scripts that are no longer compatible with wb 052.

Good luck! :cheers:

#7 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:23 PM

Hi Nuno Brito,

Thank you for your reply, I will try what you have suggested...

#8 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:38 PM

the machine used to build has ap4 2.8, 1 gig 3200 ram, 250 gig hard drive. the build has 64 meg ram selested. the error i get is ntkrnlmp.exe not found. the boot stops. any key causes the boot process to restart with the same error. any ideas??? i have the lates version od winbuilder from this website.

thanks

As MedEvil already posted, it looks like you are using XP SP1 rather than XP SP2. On the other hand your log tells truely that you are using SP2.

My opinion: You have a slipstreamed XP2 where something has gone wrong. Try to build a new slipstreamed XP Sp2.

Peter

#9 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hi warynski!

This error might be difficult to reproduce since most members here are using projects based on nativeEx by Peter (psc), would you please download the latest wb beta from the winbuilder forum and try it?
You can get it here:
http://www.boot-land...uilder-f22.html

Download and extract to an empty folder, then go to the download center tab and download the projects available from the select box.

When you start up the default web server is updates.boot-land.net, my advice is to download all files from this default server and then click and select the psc.boot-land.net/Projects server to get the latest scripts from nativeEx itself - I think it might be better prepared to solve this issue.

Please remember to use a new folder since this new beta will download scripts that are no longer compatible with wb 052.
Good luck! :cheers:

Hi Nuno Brito!

I've downloaded WinBuilder 068 beta 15 and also downloaded all files from the default server and the latest scripts from nativEx into a new folder. However an error message appeared while processing [Explorer.Script]: Failed to set data for'200' and the process has stopped.
I have attached log.html and a snapshot of the error message to this post.
I would be grateful if you could help me and tell me what the problem is.

Attached Thumbnails

• winbuilder_error.jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   1.64MB   388 downloads

#10 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:49 PM

Hi Nuno Brito!

I've downloaded WinBuilder 068 beta 15 and also downloaded all files from the default server and the latest scripts from nativEx into a new folder. However an error message appeared while processing [Explorer.Script]: Failed to set data for'200' and the process has stopped.

Hi!
Just a little hint. For some reason, that only the gods of IT know , WinBuilder 068 came after Wb 068 Beta 15 and is the latest stable version. :cheers:

#11 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:58 PM

Hi Nuno Brito!

@warynski: you are the winner of the jackpot!
I never before saw this error message!

Joke away: Tomorrow I (and I think Nuno, too) will try to find out what happens.
Please be patient until then!

Peter

#12 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:20 PM

Hi psc,

Ok, i will be patient, and thank you in advance!

warynski

#13 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

Hi warynski, could you please retry again using the latest winbuilder beta version, on an empty folder and downloading everything back from the download center?

This is pretty much the best way to ensure that all your scripts are correctly downloaded and that you have the latest updated version.

The log.html from the resulting project will be a good starting point.

Please also post more details about your machine like the OS you've used, if you're using any antivirus and wich windows your are using as source for you boot disk.

Thank you! :cheers:

#14 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

Hi Nuno Brito,

I've downloaded wb069 beta2, as you've suggested, and everything from the download center, with the exception of vistape. Unfortunately the same error message has appeared: Failed to set data for '200' (The snapshot of the error message is in my previous post.)
The source is XP Prof. SP2, langauge: Hungarian. The PC I use has 1GB DDR2 RAM, 250 GB Samsung SATA HDD, Intel Pentium D 830 (Dual Core) 3 GHz CPU. I use Avast v.4.7 home antivirus, and Comodo Pro Firewall, and Spyware Terminator.

I attach the log.html to this post and hope you can find the solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   128.24KB   313 downloads

#15 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

Hi Nuno Brito,

I've downloaded wb069 beta2, as you've suggested, and everything from the download center, with the exception of vistape. Unfortunately the same error message has appeared: Failed to set data for '200' (The snapshot of the error message is in my previous post.)
The source is XP Prof. SP2, langauge: Hungarian. The PC I use has 1GB DDR2 RAM, 250 GB Samsung SATA HDD, Intel Pentium D 830 (Dual Core) 3 GHz CPU. I use Avast v.4.7 home antivirus, and Comodo Pro Firewall, and Spyware Terminator.

I attach the log.html to this post and hope you can find the solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Maybe you spend some more time to help you and us: :cheers:
Can you do a new test with nativeEx_barebone?

Download from psc.boot-land.net/Projects into a NEW AND EMPTY DIRECTORY.

Change NOTHING but the path to your source CD and build the project.
Then tell us about the results.

Thanks.

Peter

#16 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

You seem to be stuck on line 166 of the explorer script where it will run:

If,%pCheckBox6%,Equal,true,Run,%AutoRunScript%,Add,"regsvr32.exe /s shimgvw.dll"

Peter is very right about trying on an empty folder - some files can interfer on the results if they were not properly created and you'll just end up repeating the same issues.

I would also recommend disabling your Avast antivirus - it's one of mine all time anti-virus wich I use almost anywhere - and it has given me some issues while building some time ago.

Avast might consider hiderun.exe as a possible threat since it is upx'ed and will launch programs in "hidden" mode.

Not sure however that this is the cause - just another idea to try out..

Good luck!! :cheers:

#17 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:02 PM

Hi Nuno Brito and Peter!

It seems to be working! :cheers:

This is what I've done:

I've copied winbuilder.exe to a new empty folder and downloaded only the nativeEx_barebone. I couldn't download it to a new empty directory since wb.exe created Projects directory and downloaded nativeEx_barebone into that. I've given the Win Xp install CD as source. (During my previous experiments I had copied the contain of the install CD into the HDD.) Then I've disabled Avast, and tried to start building process. Shortly after I was promted to download Tools directory from updates.bootland.net. So I did it. The wb created nativeEX_GUI.iso file into Iso directory. I've burnt iso file into a CD and managed to boot with it. I was so happy!
I don't know if disabling of Avast or downloading only nativeEx_barebone was the reaseon for the success.
Perhaps you can tell it...

Just one more thing. When I boot with the new CD, an error message appears: No network cards detected! Program will be exit now.

Sorry for the off topic, this is my last question: how can I add some more application to my boot CD? (E.g. Opera browser.)

Thank you again for your help, I highly appreciate it! :cheers:

#18 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:42 PM

I'm really happy to see you've suceeded! :cheers:

You can add more applications using the download center.

Just open the download tab and click on the other web servers to check out their scripts.

For example - look under thunn's web server and you may find opera and a few other apps.

Do remember that when downloading a script (using thunn's server) will probably place this script under nativePE - since it is also based on nativeEx (just like liveXP) you can move the script onto the same equivalent folder inside your working nativeEx.

Or you can also just download the whole nativePE project and see the results - with enough time I'm quite sure you will quickly master all these details..

#19 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:20 AM

HI don't know if disabling of Avast or downloading only nativeEx_barebone was the reaseon for the success.
Perhaps you can tell it...

Sometimes Avast gives false positives mainly with UPXed files.
I have Avast, too, and currently no concerns.

Peter

#20 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:48 AM

Just one more thing. When I boot with the new CD, an error message appears: No network cards detected! Program will be exit now.

If you boot the ISO into an emulator, nativeEx_barebone contains the network cards for the standard emulators. I think LiveXP and NativePE have them, too. But I do not know whether they are activated in the delivery.
However, to use network on boot from CD you need the PC's network card driver included.
See here

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users