Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Boot UEFI 'Win8.1UpdateSE_x64 boot.wim' + BIOS Grub4dos (Easy2Boot) from Hidden Partition of Dual Partition Removable UFD

usb boot dual partition uefi grub4dos easy2boot win8.1updatese_x64 boot.wim modified e2b uefi multi.exe ufd format.exe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

Hello Everyone............

First tons of thanks to all Experts for creating 'Easy2Boot', 'RMPrepUSB', 'Modified E2B','WinNTSetup3',
'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim', 'UFD FORMAT.exe', 'UEFI MULTI.exe',  'Bootice.exe' etc........
 I need help of all Expert in order to complete this tutorial so please help me by suggesting Step by Step Procedure............ 

Currently I have following three expected configuration in my mind according to priority basis in order to 
Boot UEFI 'Win8.1UpdateSE_x64 boot.wim' + BIOS Grub4dos(Easy2Boot) from Hidden Partition of
Dual Partition Removable USB Drive.

1. (Most Desired Configuration)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Partition 1 -  FAT32/NTFS - Data Partition  -  Storage Purpose
Partition 2 -  FAT32/NTFS - E2B Partition    -  Easy2Boot files +  Required Boot Manager files with 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim' 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. (Satisfactory Configuration)
Partition 1 -  FAT32/NTFS - Data Partition  -  Storage Purpose + Required Boot Manager files
Partition 2 -  FAT32/NTFS - E2B Partition    -  Easy2Boot files + 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim'

3. (Feel good Configuration)
Partition 1 -  FAT32/NTFS - Data Partition  -  Storage Purpose + Required Boot Manager files with 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim' 
Partition 2 -  FAT32/NTFS - E2B Partition    -  Easy2Boot files 
------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually I want to create a Dual Partition USB Drive so that It's 'E2B Partition' will be Hidden and 'Data Partition' will be
Visible in Windows. 'Easy2Boot files' must be within hidden 'E2B Partition', while 'Required Boot Manager files'
and 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim' can be within either 'E2B Partition' or 'Data Partition' so that USB Drive will show both 'Boot Manager' and 'Grub4dos' menu option during USB Booting . 

'Boot Manager' menu entry should boot to 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim' in both UEFI and BIOS mode while 'Grub4dos' menu entry should boot to 'Easy2Boot' in BIOS mode only. 
i.e.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boot UEFI + BIOS with 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim' direct from Boot Manager Menu into RAMDISK
Boot UEFI - F12 - BIOS - Grub4dos - (Easy2Boot) +/ (Win XP/7/8 VHD - Ramdisk) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need help of Experts so that I can convert my USB Drive according to Configuration 1 if possible otherwise can prefer Configuration 2/3 if possible. I request to everyone to share their precious ideas regarding this topic in order to complete this tutorial. Please Command and Reply as soon as possible.........................

Thanks in Advance to Everyone.................

Edited by devdevadev, 16 June 2014 - 05:47 AM.

#2 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:05 AM

Is the USB drive of the Fixed disk type or the Removable type?

#3 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

HEy...........Steve......

USB Drive is of 'Removable' type...........

#4 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

@ devdevadev

Take a look here:http://reboot.pro/to...hl=+uefi +multi

If using an USB HDD you can format it in Windows, if using an USB stick there is all you need to format your USB Stick, and copy required ISO's to your USB device and add them to boot options, aditionally you can use BootIce to format and make visible to Windows the partition you want, also to modify both BCD in boot folder or EFI folder as you need, to add additional items to grub4dos just edit your menu.lst.

BootIce: http://bbs.ipauly.co...pic.php?f=2&t=2

Regards

#5 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

I think I have to use 'UED FORMAT.exe' and 'UEFI MULTI.exe' with 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim' in order to make both 'Boot Manager' and 'Grub4dos' Menu entry on my Dual Partition Removable USB Drive to boot UEFI + BIOS directly from USB with Boot Manager Menu. And have to edit root 'menu.lst' in such a way so that 'Grub4dos' menu entry load 'Easy2Boot' files from Hidden 'E2B Partition'.

Which Configuration will work ?

Please suggest me step by step procedure.............

Thanks

#6 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

This is my Adata 32 GB USB flash disk with two partitions:

1.- First primary partition 1.9 GB FAT32 type active partition; used UEFI_MULTI to copy Win8.1SE_x64 boot.wim file to root, an several other ISO's to directory Images, and make the boot files and EFI folder also Grub4dos mbr and grldr and make BCD option to boot Grub4dos. + I manually added BootIce.

2.- Second primary partition 28 GB exFAT; after make it visible to windows using BootIce, manualy copied Win7 and Win8 install ISO's, + WinNTSetup (BootIce included in tools folder).

3.- Boot from USB to Win8.1SE_x64 boot.wim. I let the second partition visible to Windows, It booted just fine, so no need to switch back every boot.

Regards

• devdevadev likes this

#7 devdevadev

devdevadev

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 540 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

This is my Adata 32 GB USB flash disk with two partitions:

1.- First primary partition 1.9 GB FAT32 type active partition; used UEFI_MULTI to copy Win8.1SE_x64 boot.wim file to root, an several other ISO's to directory Images, and make the boot files and EFI folder also Grub4dos mbr and grldr and make BCD option to boot Grub4dos. + I manually added BootIce.

2.- Second primary partition 28 GB exFAT; after make it visible to windows using BootIce, manualy copied Win7 and Win8 install ISO's, + WinNTSetup (BootIce included in tools folder).

3.- Boot from USB to Win8.1SE_x64 boot.wim. I let the second partition visible to Windows, It booted just fine, so no need to switch back every boot.

Regards

Hello 'alacran'............

Thanks for sharing such a useful and precious tutorial with detailed info............

Questions-

1- Is your Adata 32 GB USB flash disk  'Removable' or 'Fixed' ?

2- Why you use 'exFAT' File System for Second Primary Partition instead of NTFS/FAT32 ?

3- Does 'Win8.1SE_x64 boot.wim' boot in UEFI mode when your '1st Partition' be Hidden and

'2nd Partition' be 'Visible to Windows' ?

After reading your tutorial now I decide to create following configuration in my 'Removable USB Drive' -

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Partition 1  -   Visible to Windows    5 GB exFAT  -  Contains Win8.1 install ISO + WinNTSetup (BootIce included in tools folder).

Partition 2 -  Invisible to Windows -  9.7 GB FAT32 type Active Partition; used UEFI_MULTI to copy Win8.1SE_x64 boot.wim file to root, an several other ISO's to directory Images, and make the boot files and EFI folder also Grub4dos mbr and grldr and make BCD option to boot Grub4dos (E2B) + Easy2Boot Files +   manually added BootIce.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Will above configuration show both 'Boot Manager' and 'Grub4dos' menu option during USB Booting  ?

So that 'Boot Manager' menu entry will boot to 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim' in both UEFI and BIOS mode while 'Grub4dos' menu entry will boot to 'Easy2Boot' in BIOS mode only. 
i.e.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boot UEFI + BIOS with 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim' direct from Boot Manager Menu into RAMDISK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your Support.........

#8 alacran

alacran

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 2710 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hello 'alacran'............

Thanks for sharing such a useful and precious tutorial with detailed info............

Questions-

1- Is your Adata 32 GB USB flash disk 'Removable' or 'Fixed' ?

2- Why you use 'exFAT' File System for Second Primary Partition instead of NTFS/FAT32 ?

3- Does 'Win8.1SE_x64 boot.wim' boot in UEFI mode when your '1st Partition' be Hidden and
'2nd Partition' be 'Visible to Windows' ?

After reading your tutorial now I decide to create following configuration in my 'Removable USB Drive' -

Partition 1 - Visible to Windows - 5 GB exFAT - Contains Win8.1 install ISO + WinNTSetup (BootIce included in tools folder).

Partition 2 - Invisible to Windows - 9.7 GB FAT32 type Active Partition; used UEFI_MULTI to copy Win8.1SE_x64 boot.wim file to root, an several other ISO's to directory Images, and make the boot files and EFI folder also Grub4dos mbr and grldr and make BCD option to boot Grub4dos (E2B) + Easy2Boot Files + manually added BootIce.

Will above configuration show both 'Boot Manager' and 'Grub4dos' menu option during USB Booting ?

So that 'Boot Manager' menu entry will boot to 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim' in both UEFI and BIOS mode while 'Grub4dos' menu entry will boot to 'Easy2Boot' in BIOS mode only.

i.e.

Boot UEFI + BIOS with 'Win8.1UpdateSE x64 boot.wim' direct from Boot Manager Menu into RAMDISK

Thanks for your Support.........

1.- It is removable and first partition FAT32 active partition (invisible to Windows), you can use UEFI MULTI to copy all your ISO's.

2.- exFAT or NTFS, if you have files biger than 4 Gb (exFAT is faster than NTFS).

3.- Yes, that is the idea, only second partition (after make it visible to Windows) is available after boot to WinPE or any other Win based ISO.

So every thing you have in first partition is available to boot from only when booting, (using grub4dos), later on you can't see that partition any more.
Try your own configuration and test it.

Regards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usb, boot, dual partition, uefi, grub4dos, easy2boot, win8.1updatese_x64 boot.wim, modified e2b, uefi multi.exe, ufd format.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users