Photo
- - - - -

Grub4DOS skips boot menu

Best Answer Mr.Adam , 01 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

It turned out to be the way I was creating the USB. I started using Copy-to-USB from within the Winbuilder tool per ChrisR and it resolved the issue. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Adam

Mr.Adam

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

I posted this yesterday in the Boot sub forum, but I am not sure that the active members there fully understand what I am doing, see here for example.

to go over this again, i have built a successful WIN7PS_SE with a decent GFX-bootmenu based front end that allows me a few options of ISOs to boot.

However, when I boot the main ISO from a flash drive on a test system, it drops be straight into Hirens (3rd option in the menu).  I suspect it is a issue with the grldr I am using, but i am using the one in the root of my image, so I am not sure why it is a problem.  Also, when this same main ISO is booted into a VM, it works fine, it goes right to the GFX-bootmenu as desired. What changes from raw ISO to bootable USB????

I have resolved the other issue listed on the above linked post with the extra options, I just commented them out in the menu.lst in the root of the ISO. 

#2 Mr.Adam

Mr.Adam

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

sorry, the grldr that I am using is in the Boot folder (root\boot\grldr) 

#3 Mr.Adam

Mr.Adam

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

please tell me someone else has this problem................

#4 madhopsman

madhopsman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Is EFI enabled on the system?  GRUB4DOS does not support it but maybe another loader has all the necessary boot info in the EFI folder, which would make the system boot straight to that. 

#5 Mr.Adam

Mr.Adam

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:55 PM   Best Answer

It turned out to be the way I was creating the USB. I started using Copy-to-USB from within the Winbuilder tool per ChrisR and it resolved the issue. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users