9 replies to this topic

#1 lingroup

lingroup
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:20 AM

I made a few pcs using barebones Foxconn nano machine listed below. They came with these mini usb sticks preloaded with setup software. They have two partitions, one with the preloaded software that's about 2.2 gigs (properties showed it as cdfs type) and one blank partition with about 1.4 gigs of free space. Is there anyway to delete the preloaded software part and recombine with the free partition?  Thanks

ROey01j.png

#2 lingroup

lingroup
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:41 AM

I ran ChipGenius, I believe I picked the right part out of all that was listed and got the following

Description: (USB DISK CD)

Device Type: Mass Storage Device

Protocal Version: USB 2.00
Current Speed: High Speed
Max Current: 200mA

USB Device ID: VID = 13FE PID = 4127

Device Vendor: USB
Device Name: DISK CD
Device Revision: 0100

Controller Vendor: phison
Controller Part-Number: unknown

I went to phisons site and tried the first program "getinfo", and that got me the following info

O0Pb2nc.png

6gwar7T.png

From here Im just unsure if there is any other program listed on that page that could format the protected side. 

#3 dummkopf007

dummkopf007

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Location:vasodilator madness .....hydrocephalus ...........hose your mind thx ............. Dr Struck off ... .......... Bedsforhire
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

hi lingroup you could try ModeConverter <<click If the drive letter is shown it should work!

............................ more

Edited by dummkopf007, 23 March 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#4 lingroup

lingroup
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

hi lingroup you could try ModeConverter <<click If the drive letter is shown it should work!

............................ more

It worked, so thank you very much. 

Edited by lingroup, 01 April 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#5 dummkopf007

dummkopf007

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Location:vasodilator madness .....hydrocephalus ...........hose your mind thx ............. Dr Struck off ... .......... Bedsforhire
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Good I'm glad it worked! ...........thanks for the feed-back ModeConverter seems to work ok with Phison so far

your DISK CD's

integral 8GB

verbatim micro

it would be handy if other ModeConverter testers could post other sticks that worked, regards..............thx

#6 ztron

ztron

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

What do you think about this one, just posted 2 days ago:

http://www.upan.cc/t...hison/3234.html

it shows up malicious in the Chrome download tab

#7 dummkopf007

dummkopf007

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Yes ztron thanks for your concern its the same animal.... read this post to view false positives the other file "make bootable" had a lot more results!!

#8 dummkopf007

dummkopf007

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

What do you think about this one, just posted 2 days ago:

http://www.upan.cc/t...hison/3234.html

care/of      google translate

You can set the number of partitions,

Convert partition type as a removable disk,

making ZIP / HDD startup disk. And a CD-ROM boot disk.
U disk can be divided into two partitions, including partitions and public safety district.

Public partition can be set as a removable disk and CDROM boot disk.

Support PS2251-50/03/61/38 series controller chips.

Edited by dummkopf007, 06 April 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#9 alacran

alacran

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1255 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

The chinese page is very complicated to find the download link so in order to help all who wants Phison ModeConverter 1.0.1.5   (Page says Chinese version, but I can confirm it runs in English in my PC.)   This is the direct Download link:

http://ap.upan.cc/pl...cfd46e4b938bc78

Downloaded using Firefox and Avast free last edition, no complain about any malware

All  my Kingston sticks use Phison controler as far as I found when I cheked them using ChipGenius 4

Best Regards

#10 v_h

v_h

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

I wanted  to do the same for the Windows 8 USB stick Dell send out.  Vendor ID is Toshiba (0930) and chip vendor is Phison  (I think the Product ID was changed after I formatted it).  The flashboot.ru site said that the util to use is recovertool_v2.43.exe but I couldn't find the download.  Googled and found posts that suggested using Silicon Power Formatter.  http://flashboot.ru/files/file/383/ did the trick and I was able to low level format it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users