- - - - -

drivers for HP NC Serie not working

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 reiibs

reiibs

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Windows Server; Security; Scripting; SQL Server;<br />Languages: VBS, VB6, KIX32, CMD, C# (very less)
  •  
    Austria

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:17 PM

hello,

I am new to winbuilder and i hope someone has an solution for this. I tried winbuild 069 beta with nativeEx_barebone project. It was not possible for me to add drivers for an HP BL460c Blade System - specially NIC and Raid Controller. The image starts, loads the image and shortly after starting winpe i got the Error: HPcISSs2.sys not found. I made some search on the Internet and found some infos releated to storport. But i am using drivers from the HP Toolkit 1.6 where the drivers are designed for Winpe.

Can someone help to me?

reiibs

#2 Moon Goon

Moon Goon

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:20 PM

The best solution I've found is to use nLite to build the drivers into your XP source.

http://www.nliteos.com/

#3 reiibs

reiibs

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Windows Server; Security; Scripting; SQL Server;<br />Languages: VBS, VB6, KIX32, CMD, C# (very less)
  •  
    Austria

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:40 PM

The best solution I've found is to use nLite to build the drivers into your XP source.

http://www.nliteos.com/

nLite is not really an option. The Image size is to big (~200mb). What i need is an (Win)PE Image of about 30 - 40 MB with Command line and Network support where the Drivers for HP Servers will work.

Maybe BartPe is an Option, but i dont know i Bartpe can full automated (configure network, connect Network ...)

Any Help would be nice

reiibs

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

We have some HP nc type machines around here and most of them are equipped with broadcom netXtreme hardware to acess the network wich doesn't come supported by default on windows xp install CD.

I personally don't have much experience myself adding network drivers, but you should look on the scripts that add network drivers for vmware and qemu as example to give you more informations.

Might also be worth adding the file you mentioned as missing inside your system32\drivers folder to ensure that it is found on boot time.

You might also need to edit txtsetup.sif (a simple text file) where drivers are listed to be loaded.

Maybe someone with more experience adding drivers can guide you throught.. :cheers:

Good luck!

#5 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

nLite is not really an option. The Image size is to big (~200mb). What i need is an (Win)PE Image of about 30 - 40 MB with Command line and Network support where the Drivers for HP Servers will work.

Maybe BartPe is an Option, but i dont know i Bartpe can full automated (configure network, connect Network ...)

Any Help would be nice

reiibs

Ok hands on approach!
First you need a computer (Windows) that is already working with those network cards.
Now go to device manager double click the newtwotkcard, go to the driver tab and click on details.
This will show you the drivers needed to run this NIC
Make a list of the drivers mentioned and copy them to your PE.
Now you need to find the *.inf file belonging to those drivers/ to your network card.
Let windows search in all inf files and look for the name of the drivers you previously wrote down.
If you did everything right you should find just 1 inf file, meeting the search criteria.
Copy that file as well to your PE.
No need to adapt any files.

:cheers:

PS: If you happen to have of course the driver CD/pack for that NIC you can skip the whole searching and just copy them over to the appropriate places.

#6 reiibs

reiibs

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:31 PM

Ok hands on approach!
First you need a computer (Windows) that is already working with those network cards.
Now go to device manager double click the newtwotkcard, go to the driver tab and click on details.
This will show you the drivers needed to run this NIC
Make a list of the drivers mentioned and copy them to your PE.
Now you need to find the *.inf file belonging to those drivers/ to your network card.
Let windows search in all inf files and look for the name of the drivers you previously wrote down.
If you did everything right you should find just 1 inf file, meeting the search criteria.
Copy that file as well to your PE.
No need to adapt any files.

:cheers:

PS: If you happen to have of course the driver CD/pack for that NIC you can skip the whole searching and just copy them over to the appropriate places.

Sorry, there was something misunderstood. My mistake.
The drivers for the nic are not my problem. The are working fine. Problem are the HP Raid Controller drivers. What i found out, that the Raid Drivers are Storport drivers - whatever feature it is. When i use this drivers with a full winpe Version (Size 140mb) than the drivers work. If i use an winpe image created with winbuilder i get the error listed in my first post.
I think that the problem is, that the winbuilder image doesnt have support for storport. Its just an idea.
But i dont know which settings, dlls or anything else is needed to support storport.

Many Thanks for your answers
reiibs

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:01 AM

The drivers for the nic are not my problem. The are working fine. Problem are the HP Raid Controller drivers. What i found out, that the Raid Drivers are Storport drivers - whatever feature it is. When i use this drivers with a full winpe Version (Size 140mb) than the drivers work. If i use an winpe image created with winbuilder i get the error listed in my first post.
I think that the problem is, that the winbuilder image doesnt have support for storport. Its just an idea.
But i dont know which settings, dlls or anything else is needed to support storport.

If with 'full winpe version' you mean BartPE or similar, you are right.
Those PEs use predefined (English) hives defining 'everything'.
WinBuilder builds the hives' contents dynamically and adds what it needs.
So a new driver with special demand has to define its demand by writing to registry, installing service, copying files etc.

Peter

#8 reiibs

reiibs

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:17 AM

If with 'full winpe version' you mean BartPE or similar, you are right.
Those PEs use predefined (English) hives defining 'everything'.
WinBuilder builds the hives' contents dynamically and adds what it needs.
So a new driver with special demand has to define its demand by writing to registry, installing service, copying files etc.

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your quick reply.
When i modify the txtsetup.sif after a build and start a new one, is the modified tstsetup.sif overwritten?
For me it looks, that it doesnt need really much to get the drivers working. Most of the changes are in txtsetup.sif.

Regards
reiibs

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:29 AM

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your quick reply.
When i modify the txtsetup.sif after a build and start a new one, is the modified tstsetup.sif overwritten?
For me it looks, that it doesnt need really much to get the drivers working. Most of the changes are in txtsetup.sif.

Regards
reiibs

Usually txtsetup.sif and the basic hives are generated once and stored in prebuild.
If you do not change the source CD, next build these prebuild files are used.

So for a test you may change testsetup.sif manually and then rebuild the project.

(If you want to rebuild the original, you must delete the complete prebuild folder, not only txtsetup.sif)

Peter

#10 reiibs

reiibs

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

Usually txtsetup.sif and the basic hives are generated once and stored in prebuild.
If you do not change the source CD, next build these prebuild files are used.

So for a test you may change testsetup.sif manually and then rebuild the project.

(If you want to rebuild the original, you must delete the complete prebuild folder, not only txtsetup.sif)

Peter

I was able to create a script to made the modification to txtsetup.sif. But i got the error "c000021a" when XP is starting. For me it looks like its at the point where XP jumps for Textsetup to GUI.

Are there any suggestions?

Regards
reiibs

Scriptfile to Support Storport (Maybe finetuning is nessary):

Attached Files

#11 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

I was able to create a script to made the modification to txtsetup.sif. But i got the error "c000021a" when XP is starting. For me it looks like its at the point where XP jumps for Textsetup to GUI.

Are there any suggestions?

Regards
reiibs

Scriptfile to Support Storport (Maybe finetuning is nessary):

Your script looks not bad.
Can you please post the HP ?.inf, too?

Peter

#12 reiibs

reiibs

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:10 PM

Your script looks not bad.
Can you please post the HP ?.inf, too?

Peter

It was my first try :cheers:

The second script contains the Winpe Drivers for the NIC and HP Raid Controller. In the script attached are the newest drivers (*.sys)

reiibs

Attached Files

#13 reiibs

reiibs

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    Austria

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:43 AM

It was my first try :cheers:

The second script contains the Winpe Drivers for the NIC and HP Raid Controller. In the script attached are the newest drivers (*.sys)

reiibs

@PSC

Was it possible to use the information?

reiibs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users