2 replies to this topic

#1 Vas709

Vas709

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
    Serbia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

Is it possible to create more than one fixed-size VHDs on my computer? I just wanted to know, because I don't want my physical disk to run out of space because of fixed-size VHDs.

Vasja Stojkovic

#2 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1682 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

Is it possible to create more than one fixed-size VHDs on my computer? I just wanted to know, because I don't want my physical disk to run out of space because of fixed-size VHDs.

Yes, it is possible to have multiple .VHD files in the same filesystem. Yes, it is possible to run out of space in that filesystem. I don't understand how this knowledge will help you to avoid running out of space in the filesystem, but certainly when you create a VHD file, you'll know how much space it occupies and you can check how much space is available.

#3 Centaur

Centaur

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

I run 3 win XP VHD's on my Note Book from Grub4dos menu, on for the wife, one for me and one to test programs in a clean install.

back ups are faster as you only have to back up the VHD(to me at least), i have a emergency boot thumb drive with a VHD on it for repairing the VHD's in the Notebook.

i made one XP VHD  and copied it to twice to new file names for the three VHD's

title [B] Boot  Windows XP \nBoot Windows XP
find --set-root --ignore-floppies /1XP-1.vhd
map /1XP-1.vhd (hd0)
map --hook
root (hd0,0)
chainloader /ntldr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users